News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Drivers listening to music in cab?

Started by Trident 4194, December 31, 2014, 04:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metrorider

Quote from: Matt on January 08, 2015, 08:21:46 PM

Haha wasn't a negative comment as such, I just dislike Diamond. If you read my latter comments I don't mind music at all. I've always fancied the idea of playing the radio through speakers throughout the bus. Looks like Preston beat me to it!

lol, fair enough then.  ;)
Paul.

Metrorider

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 31, 2014, 07:50:44 PM

And yes; Strictly forbidden on NX with a P45 awaiting you.

Pretty much everything it seems is forbidden on NXWM with a P45 awaiting you, I've yet to speak to a driver that actually enjoys working for NXWM!! I did actually spot a driver over Xmas with an earphone in his left ear, nearly fell out of my seat with shock when I spotted it, it was on one of the older Mercs so maybe no camera ect?
Paul.

mranon

i remember 12 years or so ago driving an old duple grant spec coach one saturday when england rugby were playing. i was on a dead route on a main corridor. it had a radio fitted and the previous driver left it on, albeit low volume. anyway passengers heard the match so asked me to turn it up. i did, then every stop i pulled up at, he shouted match on!!!! never picked so many up lol.

seriously, sometimes i wish there was something on in the background to lighten the mood.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Matt on January 08, 2015, 08:21:46 PM
Quote from: Metrorider on January 08, 2015, 08:14:34 PM
Quote from: Matt on December 31, 2014, 08:11:52 PM

Surprise surprise

Why surprise surprise because it was a Diamond driver Matt? I know plenty of drivers from smaller companies that have music on whilst driving. Can't see the problem with it really, if the passengers aren't complaining and the driver enjoys it (which would probably keep him or her in a nice pleasant mood) then I'm all for it. I read somewhere that Preston bus have a trial going on at the moment with music in the buses!

Haha wasn't a negative comment as such, I just dislike Diamond. If you read my latter comments I don't mind music at all. I've always fancied the idea of playing the radio through speakers throughout the bus. Looks like Preston beat me to it!

Yes but if they install it on E200's they'll need it verrrry loud indeed!

Quote from: Metrorider on January 08, 2015, 08:32:34 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 31, 2014, 07:50:44 PM

And yes; Strictly forbidden on NX with a P45 awaiting you.

Pretty much everything it seems is forbidden on NXWM with a P45 awaiting you, I've yet to speak to a driver that actually enjoys working for NXWM!! I did actually spot a driver over Xmas with an earphone in his left ear, nearly fell out of my seat with shock when I spotted it, it was on one of the older Mercs so maybe no camera ect?

If he was caught he'll definitely get the sack. I'm not the first person to say it but National Express are too strict, there's no deviation from the rule book.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Ashley

I think its another witch hunt topic, I was on an Arriva bus earlier tho week and the driver had Radio 2 on which was fine and I see nothing wrong with music in the drivers cab, beats the stuff you hear on the top deck

SMK

Last year there was a driver on the 26A who had a fondness for listening to an assortment of bashment/dancehall tracks when the bus was near enough empty.
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Adam 404

The drivers of Travel De Courcey usaul have music in there earpiece when the depot isn't talking to them.  One driver even told me!

Ben

Quote from: Metrorider on January 08, 2015, 08:14:34 PM
I read somewhere that Preston bus have a trial going on at the moment with music in the buses!
Edit: Found the link about Preston
I got back to Preston from Coventry on Monday and the first thing I heard when I stepped onto the bus was this very system!

I was tired so I didn't pay much attention to the actual music other than noticing that the ambiance was ok.- Seems a bit of a gimmick but in my eyes it might seem discouraging to idiots blasting crap out of their own devices***

Personally I wish it was wifi being installed. Something operators needs to crack on with actually.

desmond_tay

Arriva's buses contracting for Movia in Copenhagen, Denmark have their drivers listening to radio in the driver's cabin and it automatically shuts off whenever the driver opens the door. Pretty interesting concept for driver's welfare actually. If listening to radio while driving a car or a truck is possible, I don't see whats wrong with the same thing on a bus too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk