News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Noteworthy Workings Thread

Started by Stuharris 6360, December 30, 2014, 02:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Is this thread becoming pointless?

With the new rules which mean that you can only report the working, but can't discuss it, wouldn't it be easier to put these workings in the garage thread to which they apply and they can be discussed there!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 30, 2014, 02:23:55 PM
Is this thread becoming pointless?

With the new rules which mean that you can only report the working, but can't discuss it, wouldn't it be easier to put these workings in the garage thread to which they apply and they can be discussed there!

I think some people just post what they see based on their own knowledge. If there was a list of bus routes, with the usual type(s) of bus allocated to them, then people could refer to that before posting their own observations. In theory, the resulting thread should end up being a lot shorter!  ;)

As it happens, I've created a document on Google Docs, which anyone can view and edit here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/162Cm_RG7_yomLkV_m7WBwHlsMI77R0-CpoJz3FdTjSM/edit?usp=sharing

It's what it says on the tin; a list of NXWM bus routes, sorted by garage then by route number, with the usual allocation listed, and other allocations also.
Obviously my knowledge is limited, so there are a few gaps, where I simply don't know the latest vehicle allocations, so I need others help. The spreadsheet is editable, but please don't go crazy with it. Also, it's based on a list of routes I have that is out-dated, so there will be errors and omissions, please feel free to correct where appropriate.

Bus spotting is not a competition; I don't do it myself, of course. But when it comes to genuinely noteworthy workings, I suppose because of where I live and travel regularly, I really don't see very many. If I go to a strange area I don't normally visit, everything looks noteworthy to me! (But I keep it to myself lol)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Filled a few more PE ones in for you

Tara4352

Liverpool Street

Stu, do you mind us using that for an official noteworthy working reference sheet?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stu

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 30, 2014, 11:28:18 PM
Stu, do you mind us using that for an official noteworthy working reference sheet?

No problem at all, that was hopefully going to be the idea!

Thanks for all the contributions, much appreciated! I'll tidy it up a bit later today, so it's more consistent.

My locals:

P419 EJW

Stu, I have found a couple of routes and destinations that are outdated. 934 does not go to ASDA Queslett any more, it goes to Walsall. There is no longer 934A. Add 936 to Brownhills.

A good Google spreadsheet. Well done.

John

Quote from: Stu on December 31, 2014, 07:36:37 AM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 30, 2014, 11:28:18 PM

No problem at all, that was hopefully going to be the idea!

Thanks for all the contributions, much appreciated! I'll tidy it up a bit later today, so it's more consistent.

I've updated the Perry Barr allocations, and also changed the 638 to the 38, deleted 651, and updated City Centre terminus locations for some. Just hope it has saved!

the trainbasher

Don't Pensnett have a duty on the 714?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 31, 2014, 03:50:39 PM
Don't Pensnett have a duty on the 714?

They do. Often operated by an E400 or occasionally a Trident.

Stu

Quote from: John on December 31, 2014, 03:26:12 PM
I've updated the Perry Barr allocations, and also changed the 638 to the 38, deleted 651, and updated City Centre terminus locations for some. Just hope it has saved!

Wasn't sure about the 651 as it is still listed as a current route on the NXBus website!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far, only a few gaps left to fill!

Can I just make one request please? When filling in vehicle allocations, can people be a little more specific than 'Volvo B7TL' as that just refers to a bus chassis, and in the case of West Brom garage that could either be 'Plaxton President B7TL', 'ALX400 B7TL', or 'Wright Gemini B7TL'.

(To be honest, I thought the WB48 was still mainly Mercedes O405N operated)

Likewise for 'Volvo B7RLE' as NXWM operate two types, though I know only Walsall have the earlier 'Wright Eclipse Urban B7RLE', with the remaining garages having the later 'Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE'.

Also, please just try and put one vehicle type in the 'Usual allocation' column; if a route commonly uses several vehicle types (eg AG 1), pick the most usual one to go in that column, then list the other types in the 'Other Allocation column'.

Otherwise, great work folks!
My locals:

Tara4352

Stu

Quote from: Tara4352 on December 31, 2014, 04:54:49 PM
Is that spread sheet printable

Yes, click on the Printer icon, or press Ctrl+P to print.

My locals:

Alex

Edited some of the Walsall routes, as allocations wise, some can be a bit confusing, and removed WB41 as that's now a Diamond route  :)
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk