News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Noteworthy Workings - January 2015

Started by Liverpool Street, December 30, 2014, 01:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OH25

4854 just seen on the 101 by Winson Green Tram Stop

Gareth

1888 on the 997E this afternoon instead of the usual E400 or Gemini.

jack5512

OH25

4610 on the 900 leaving the airport about 8:25 pm

jack5512

Trident 4609

2014 on WN59 tonight. Replaced 5403. Will work the last 59 off W'ton at 23:24

CL

BC | 214* | 24 | Outbound | Two buses left Colmore around 8:07 (?) - strange, both not normal allocations (one was a trident) - but they do appear from time to time, also, B7s are actually Evening/Sunday allocation.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Westy

A Trident on the first Cannock to Brum X51 this morning.
(Normally a Enviro 400 or Gem!)

At least one Walsall vehicle needed a jump start this morning!

My friends sister was driving the 'affected' B7Lre today.

Tony

Quote from: Westy on January 14, 2015, 06:28:37 PM
A Trident on the first Cannock to Brum X51 this morning.
(Normally a Enviro 400 or Gem!)

At least one Walsall vehicle needed a jump start this morning!

My friends sister was driving the 'affected' B7Lre today.

Several vehicle needs jump starting most days, the garages, and most other companies have special battery packs around the garage specifically for that purpose. What you have to remember is buses have a lot of electrical equipment that never goes off, even if the master is isolated (Radio/Ticket Machine etc) so any week battery and some cold weather will quite often need a jump. A massive engine also needs quite a burst of power to start it. It is not like a petrol car where you just need enough power to make a spark plug spark. In a bus you have to make the cyclinder compress enough to make the fuel in it explode.

Alex

4308 on WA335-Very rare to see anything other than an E200 on there, let alone a Trident!

Yes noteworthy, but Tridents are first choice if an E200 is not available so not that extremely rare
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

mranon

@ tony regarding batteries unless someone leaves master on or something else, the etm/radio shouldnt kill it enough when in use everyday. however, wa could do with sorting their b7rles with  slipping noisy drivebelts. one was on either 69/89 and everytime i saw it, the noise drew attention to it. wish id got the number now

Tony

Quote from: mranon on January 14, 2015, 07:36:59 PM
@ tony regarding batteries unless someone leaves master on or something else, the etm/radio shouldnt kill it enough when in use everyday. however, wa could do with sorting their b7rles with  slipping noisy drivebelts. one was on either 69/89 and everytime i saw it, the noise drew attention to it. wish id got the number now

No, I know it shouldn't, but it does when the battery is close to the end of its life

lynx1103

Quote from: ARJ2901 on January 14, 2015, 07:17:39 PM
4308 on WA335-Very rare to see anything other than an E200 on there, let alone a Trident!

Yes noteworthy, but Tridents are first choice if an E200 is not available so not that extremely rare

4308 WA 335 was swaped with 860 to 7A 1630 hrs departure

OH25

from earlier 4523 on the 46 at 12:30 in West Bromwich
also 4961 was on the 40 during the day too

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk