News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

bus parked at lye?

Started by midlandred2003, December 14, 2014, 10:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midlandred2003

I have been asked by a friend about a couple of buses parked near the railway line in Lye one of them is LK58??? has any one seen them and who owns them?

Ossie

Did your friend see these buses while on the train?

This may or may not be relevant, but there is a scrapyard somewhere in that Lye area next to the railway line (the railway is in a cutting at that point) where - certainly last year (2013) - I recall seeing a derelict bus up against the boundary (doubt it was a 58 reg, though!).  And I don't think it was there the last time I travelled that line a couple of months or so back ....

midlandred2003

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: midlandred2003 on December 17, 2014, 09:12:31 AM
yes he was on a train.

Will have a ride sown there tomorrow and see if i can see anything.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Reece

Quote from: midlandred2003 on December 14, 2014, 10:35:56 AM
I have been asked by a friend about a couple of buses parked near the railway line in Lye one of them is LK58??? has any one seen them and who owns them?

I know where you mean just after Lye station if you heading in the Birmingham direction from Stourbridge Junction. It's where one of the local Colleges or University's has it's bus depot I think. They only have 1 or 2 buses and they are not always there.

Stuharris 6360

Think the place you mean is at the bottom of Bromley St in Lye, opposite a scrap yard.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ossie

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 17, 2014, 03:52:52 PM
Think the place you mean is at the bottom of Bromley St in Lye, opposite a scrap yard.

That's it - the location I had in mind, Stu.  Looking at it on Streetview (Oct. 2010 pics) there's two buses in that yard. The blue livery one is the one I recall seeing from the train.  The white livery one, if you look at it through the yard entrance, seems to have a 4 or 5 figure fleet-number, and when viewed from the bridge looking back down on it, it has side advertising?  Speculation: is it an ex-First Bus vehicle?  Can anyone tell from the livery?  :D

Cheese

Quote from: Ossie on December 17, 2014, 07:29:40 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 17, 2014, 03:52:52 PM

That's it - the location I had in mind, Stu.  Looking at it on Streetview (Oct. 2010 pics) there's two buses in that yard. The blue livery one is the one I recall seeing from the train.  The white livery one, if you look at it through the yard entrance, seems to have a 4 or 5 figure fleet-number, and when viewed from the bridge looking back down on it, it has side advertising?  Speculation: is it an ex-First Bus vehicle?  Can anyone tell from the livery?  :D

I remember a few years ago seeing an old First Group vehicle from the train, probably in that yard.  It was either a Wright Nimbus bodied Merc breadvan, a Wright Handybus bodied Dart or possibly a Marshall C19 bodied Merc breadvan.  Vague memory that the reg had 'DV' in it so possibly North Devon originally, or Western National?  Just looked on Google Streetview and a Wright Handybus Dart is clearly visible, in very faded First livery.  Possibly 46448 L548CDV?

Stuharris 6360

Ok, went to Bromley Street today and the buses appear to have gone. Did get out of the car and look over the bridge to see if they had been moved but couldn't see them.

However on my way back up Bromley Street, i looked to my left and on one of the trading estates i could see two buses parked.  Went round to Hayes Lane and by there position i would say they are parked on Hingleys Transport, although i couldn't see them from the road. One was behind the other from what i could see from Bromley St, the front was looked like a Metro painted in two tone green, the other was painted a lightish blue but that was all i could tell.

Westy

We have a warehouse there too!

Never been to it though!

midlandred2003

In reply to my own question one of the buses is a LX58FYA a man evolution with active training on the side.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk