News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Thumbs up from me!

Started by RW, November 28, 2014, 10:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

As I said at the start this gets the thumbs up from me. A new livery with a touch of class. In fact I would probably have gone with any livery to get rid of the current awful expanse of white which rapidly takes on the appearance of off white/grey. Well done NXWM. Good to see they painted up a prototype. Gives a good idea of what the finished product will look like when new deliveries commence in 2015

TinnedPeaches

I'm certainly even more in favour of it now that we've seen a version of it in the flesh. Although I do begin to wonder about the typeface of the logo - it still has the somewhat utilitarian look of the current livery.

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 23, 2014, 12:56:02 PM
Quote from: clayderman on November 29, 2014, 02:54:35 PM
Would love to see this livery portrayed on some Model Buses... (despite the lack of announcements from CMNLs and their models. Possibly Corgi and their Volvo Models)

Also, another thought. If the Hybrid Buses were to go in for repaint, would it be the same livery, but green? What I'm thinking of is sort of a Leprechaun Machine, lol. Although, I think the new livery would look splendid, given the situation where the entire NX fleet, (possibly including Dundee) would be uniform.

I had a chat with sunny chan he said the next ukbus releases will be in January and the twm omnicity is still being developed

That's good to know. Is that NX models or ukbus releases in general do you know?

Tony

The marketing department have now given me this photo of 4731 to put on the main website
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4731.html

The photo of the bus is genuine, but because the light gave a false impression of the colours they have been photoshopped to try and make them look as accurate as possible, although the middle red still looks a bit light to what that on the new E400MMCs and E200MMCs will look like

arrifirststage

Quote from: Tony on December 23, 2014, 06:51:05 PM
The marketing department have now given me this photo of 4731 to put on the main website

The photo of the bus is genuine, but because the light gave a false impression of the colours they have been photoshopped to try and make them look as accurate as possible, although the middle red still looks a bit light to what that on the new E400MMCs and E200MMCs will look like

Got to be better than the current offering........surely though if the red is darker it will be indistinguishable from the maroon (if such it is).
A pity the proposed Platinum livery is so depressing....or can it still be changed?

paul82

Agree with some of the previous comments about looking too much like London buses.

Like the maroon but surely they could have found a different colour except red for the middle.  A two tone blue version for Coventry is probably going to be all right though.

Tony

Do you know when I was young I never heard anyone say Midland Red buses looked 'too like' London just because they were red, or East Kent, or Devon General, or Trent or..............

John

Was this new livery inspired/derived from the prototype livery that 'Julie' carried?

Or is this a completely different attempt at a new livery, which is very good might I say

Squirrel

Quote from: Tony on December 23, 2014, 06:51:05 PM

Liking the new livery.

Shocked at the photoshop attempt though... I could have done better in MS Paint!

arrifirststage

Quote from: Tony on December 23, 2014, 09:14:05 PM
Do you know when I was young I never heard anyone say Midland Red buses looked 'too like' London just because they were red, or East Kent, or Devon General, or Trent or..............

Perfectly true.......but in those days Midland Red buses were different to anyone else.
As an aside,will the introduction of the new livery (which must be better than the current one) signal the end of the wanton vandalism of branding?
Perhaps the scales have finally fallen from the eyes of the PR wonks and they have realised that a fleet of well presented buses in a single attractive livery might be attractive to passengers ( sorry,customers) ...................but I must stop waffling,I have just seen a pig flying past the window.

DavieDD2

The more I look at this new livery the more I don't like it, it's obvious where they've copied the design from, https://www.flickr.com/photos/48367168@N02/4891252433/in/photolist-8sdWWv-9vx8ph-pxQpJs-99eNQG-ob99PK-8sAyoR-9zZ9X7-9zZa6G-anyBxC-dU6svE-6jTd7J-pxN5xJ-8sArGT-9kPzBm-8WdbyL-oGoMic-9sHFLj-7FsXLw-6yDmzA-o8GFoA-mn8sXc-dG8ZCn-mF3MTE-o92qrw-pQ5N2v-dWgPaf-pxQpJY-dGevHf-iGimsC-99bHRp-omb3jy-o6PZwQ-aQZbEi-aQvVjx-9zWbsZ-nRoRUS-o9nfot-9wWbh3-q9edUh-aQYzxi-8WdgpS-8Wdhxw-8szUbP-mFAobz-8sCLQy-7Vmoxo-aQYgHx-6jTjY9-bTmSrp-aQYPZB, the 2 shades of red are too similar, same old logos, NX have missed a perfect marketing opportunity here, they could have opened this up to a customer competition with the top ten entries going to a public vote on their website, or would that have been too democratic for them?

TinnedPeaches

Reading through this thread puts me in mind of a question: why should NXWM open up  a public consultation about a livery change?

If I was running a business, I'd obviously bear in mind what would be most appealing visually to my customers, but could you imagine the vast amount of different opinions that a livery consultation would throw up?

How does the old adage go..? You can't please all of the people all of the time.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: DavieDD2 on December 24, 2014, 06:06:54 PM
The more I look at this new livery the more I don't like it, it's obvious where they've copied the design from, https://www.flickr.com/photos/48367168@N02/4891252433/in/photolist-8sdWWv-9vx8ph-pxQpJs-99eNQG-ob99PK-8sAyoR-9zZ9X7-9zZa6G-anyBxC-dU6svE-6jTd7J-pxN5xJ-8sArGT-9kPzBm-8WdbyL-oGoMic-9sHFLj-7FsXLw-6yDmzA-o8GFoA-mn8sXc-dG8ZCn-mF3MTE-o92qrw-pQ5N2v-dWgPaf-pxQpJY-dGevHf-iGimsC-99bHRp-omb3jy-o6PZwQ-aQZbEi-aQvVjx-9zWbsZ-nRoRUS-o9nfot-9wWbh3-q9edUh-aQYzxi-8WdgpS-8Wdhxw-8szUbP-mFAobz-8sCLQy-7Vmoxo-aQYgHx-6jTjY9-bTmSrp-aQYPZB, the 2 shades of red are too similar, same old logos, NX have missed a perfect marketing opportunity here, they could have opened this up to a customer competition with the top ten entries going to a public vote on their website, or would that have been too democratic for them?

First thing I told Tony when I saw it... It looked "Lothian inspired" ~ but I didn't mean it as a bad thing.

Yes I would've preferred TWM colours, but we can't live in the past. Maybe perhaps the beige strip I'd have blue but I'd have to see it on the metal, so to speak.

Apart from the lack of blue, its not that bad a livery. Its not a tap on the back yet for NX, maybe the livery in 2020 would be somewhere near the perfection we're all looking for.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

DavieDD2

We can live in hope! Ironically, my favourite livery never made it to Dundee - the toothpaste one.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 23, 2014, 12:56:02 PM
Quote from: clayderman on November 29, 2014, 02:54:35 PM
Would love to see this livery portrayed on some Model Buses... (despite the lack of announcements from CMNLs and their models. Possibly Corgi and their Volvo Models)

Also, another thought. If the Hybrid Buses were to go in for repaint, would it be the same livery, but green? What I'm thinking of is sort of a Leprechaun Machine, lol. Although, I think the new livery would look splendid, given the situation where the entire NX fleet, (possibly including Dundee) would be uniform.

I had a chat with sunny chan he said the next ukbus releases will be in January and the twm omnicity is still being developed

Just UKbus in general I think. This is his facebook page, his dad runs northcord and he sells them!

https://www.facebook.com/shqmodel?fref=ts

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk