News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Thumbs up from me!

Started by RW, November 28, 2014, 10:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

The proposed updated livery shown in the photoshop image posted by Tony today gets a thumbs up from me. To be honest I would have gone along with anything to get rid of the white which was ok on day one out of the paint shop but rapidly turned off white/grey after a few days on the urban roads of the West Mids. Particularly like the way the lining out matches the lining out of the platinum livery. Can't wait to see the  first E400 MMC's delivered in the new liveries. Well done NX?

winston

monkeyjoe

Where is this, my internet is on go slow so being lazy?

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 28, 2014, 05:38:21 PM
Quote from: Andrew on November 28, 2014, 05:36:13 PM
http://www.nationalexpressgroup.com/media/1976/bus-investment.jpg

Does this indicate new buses for the 126?

i did hear a rumour about the 126 going Platinum but maybe its just having an upgrade with standard seated E400 MMC's?

monkeyjoe

Ronnoc

It looks ok but in my opinion I think the livery shouldn't be so red, it's becoming London now.

CL

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on November 28, 2014, 07:26:43 PM
It looks ok but in my opinion I think the livery shouldn't be so red, it's becoming London now.

I agree, although in hindsight, it's better than what we have now. I think it adds a sense of character to these buses... Just to be clear, the red one is the generic livery - which will (probably) get applied to the entire fleet...

Can I ask a question?
- Are Platinum services changing the 900/957 into 'X' prefix services? (i.e. the 957 changing into the X1, as suggested by the 4731 livery)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liberator9

Excellent redesign - look forward to seeing it in person. Reminds me of the Lothian livery as well actually. I am going to assume that the current fleet will receive this livery - at least the newer vehicles (aka, 2009/2010 Scanias?). The livery would look great on a Scania!

Ronnoc

Quote from: Liberator9 on November 28, 2014, 08:55:22 PM
Excellent redesign - look forward to seeing it in person. Reminds me of the Lothian livery as well actually. I am going to assume that the current fleet will receive this livery - at least the newer vehicles (aka, 2009/2010 Scanias?). The livery would look great on a Scania!
And an ALX400, excuse my addiction with talking about ALX400s.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Not a fan! Too red and London esque despite the frilly bits and the Platinum is dark and dull and not going to stand out, needs some blue for goodness sake

Mike K

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on November 28, 2014, 09:22:59 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on November 28, 2014, 08:55:22 PM
And an ALX400, excuse my addiction with talking about ALX400s.

It's a decent enough livery (although 2 shades of blue would have been better) but as far as the ALX400 body is concerned you can't polish a turd. The livery will really suit body styles with a few curves though, like the Gemini.

Liverpool Street

Just a thought...

Maybe the darker shades of red (top saloon and below the lower saloon windows) should be in a dark blue... And the middle lighter shade of red should be in silver, all seperated by a red pin stripe. Then where the beige swoop is from the front wheel should be red,

Whilst I'm describing a 21st century TWM livery, bring back the Travel name! :P
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

I'll say what I said in another thread, regarding the fleet number:

"One thing I've just noticed is the 'fake' fleet number. Or is it? Would this be an indication that the E400 MMCs will begin with the lower 1000s? Obviously, it could go to the 5000s, but it could be a clue, seeing as the current E400s have dominated the 4700-4900s...

Of course I realise that if it would ever begin in the lower 1000's, it would ruin NXs size sequence fleet. (i.e. 700s - E200 SWB; 800s - E200 LWB; etc...)
"

However, my *clearer* opinions are that I actually like this livery. I think the two-tone idea is nice, however, as many of you have said, the livery reminds you that of a Lothian Buses livery, or TfL's Buses... I like the swoops & the maroon/red colourscheme better than the current livery. It gives the buses a sense of style & character, in my opinion. I think I will grow to adore these buses very much.

P.S. I don't understand why everybody is hating the Platinum livery, I mean, I guess the name doesn't suit the livery (should've been Premium, or Signature, not to copy Rotala) - However, I do like the, what I would describe as, elegance of the contrasting darker colours. (Red on Grey on Black)  ;)

EDIT: With the prototype Platinum E400MMC, the displays are white. Does this mean full colour LEDs for Platinum Buses?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk