News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bususer28

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 24, 2020, 05:24:57 PM
Hourly is more than enough
I've never caught the 125 before but I agree, if there was demand then the 125 would be more often or NX would have already tried it considering they now do both Cannock and Lichfield at regular intervals.

Given from what i've seen the last few days and how the 55's seem to be struggling over the last week.
And even today, I let 1835 go past as completly full and waited for the next 94 (7509) and while I was on 7509, I saw 1790 going the other way with "Bus Full" on it.

Its been said 55 can't have deckers due to low trees at present. So an idea I thought of is maybe up the 94 to perhaps Every 5 minutes with double decker 94E's to Ward End to help ease capacity problems on those 55's.
Could then even run the 55's as X55 non stop from City Centre to Ward End, reducing the number of passengers on them maybe and if there are any through passengers to stops no longer served they could change onto 94/94E.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

CBBUser

Would a X55 running from City Centre as X12 / X70 to Bromford Lane, then Bromford Road to Hunters Moon, then Coleshill Road, Heathland Avenue to the 55 route. Would take some of the longer distance Shard End / Kingshurst <> City Centre passengers, freeing capacity nearing the city centre?

Quote from: CBBUser on August 30, 2020, 08:32:45 PM
Would a X55 running from City Centre as X12 / X70 to Bromford Lane, then Bromford Road to Hunters Moon, then Coleshill Road, Heathland Avenue to the 55 route. Would take some of the longer distance Shard End / Kingshurst <> City Centre passengers, freeing capacity nearing the city centre?
Or X55 via Bromford Lane and Coleshill Road and rejoin normal line of route from there could be another option I expect.
Could then possibly scrap 55 route completly and have a higher frequency 94 on the Waswhood Heath Road.
Any passengers intending to travel to anywehre on the Washwood Heath Road beyond Fox & Goose, or to Nechells could change for a high frequency 94 then.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on August 30, 2020, 08:38:56 PM
Or X55 via Bromford Lane and Coleshill Road and rejoin normal line of route from there could be another option I expect.
Could then possibly scrap 55 route completly and have a higher frequency 94 on the Waswhood Heath Road.
Any passengers intending to travel to anywehre on the Washwood Heath Road beyond Fox & Goose, or to Nechells could change for a high frequency 94 then.

I was going to suggest the X55 (or Xrandom number) via this route as well. Would also allow the denizens of the Fox & Goose area to have a quick bus to the city.

Only issue I could see is having to reduce the frequency down to allow for the additional buses to go on the 94E.

CBBUser

Not sure it would be much quicker. An off peak 11A is 4mins from Fox and Goose to Bromford. X12 is 14 mins from Bromford to City Centre...94 is 20 mins from Fox and Goose to City Centre.

Taking my suggestion of Bromford Road and Heathland Avenue (assuming 4 mins from Hunters Moon to Bromford and 4 mins from HeathWay shops to Hunters Moon), would save 7/8 mins on current timings.

Quote from: CBBUser on August 31, 2020, 08:39:06 PM
Not sure it would be much quicker. An off peak 11A is 4mins from Fox and Goose to Bromford. X12 is 14 mins from Bromford to City Centre...94 is 20 mins from Fox and Goose to City Centre.

Taking my suggestion of Bromford Road and Heathland Avenue (assuming 4 mins from Hunters Moon to Bromford and 4 mins from HeathWay shops to Hunters Moon), would save 7/8 mins on current timings.
Heathland Avenue and Bromford Road would probably be quicker, but  it'd probably miss out more people the 55 serves I would think, not serving Bucklands End/Hodge Hill Road and Fox & Goose.

Paticularly with COVID I think Bromford Lane and Coleshill Road would make sense, as you would then remove all passengers from Bucklands End area and some City Centre - Fox & Goose passengers from the Washwood Heath Road and still maintain a link from Bucklands End/Shard End to Fox and  Goose.

Running non - stop and missing out all of the passengers on the Washwood Heath Road sounds good to me as well and probably also a little quicker. Could then have all the buses running as X55, on a higher and better frequency, so sounds good to me, so I would certainly use it. 
And they could even then operate the 94 as a fully double decker service an put the single deckers on the X55.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sh4318

Personally, I'd reinstate the 80 and just run it along Smethwick High Street/Tollhouse Way avoiding Stoney Lane/Devonshire Road/Holly Lane/St. Pauls Rd (still served by the amended 89). Reinstating the link that the 80 previously provided along High St.
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Pat

More to do with numbering here:

I never understand why routes that interwork, such as the 64/164 in Market Drayton, don't carry forward as the same number.  E.g I would change it so that the 64 operates through from Shrewsbury to Hanley.  Same with the 436/9.  I would make it a 436 all the way to Wolves.

ellspurs

Quote from: Pat on September 04, 2020, 01:32:41 PM
More to do with numbering here:

I never understand why routes that interwork, such as the 64/164 in Market Drayton, don't carry forward as the same number.  E.g I would change it so that the 64 operates through from Shrewsbury to Hanley.  Same with the 436/9.  I would make it a 436 all the way to Wolves.

Is that an attempt to show that they're separate services so they aren't subject to Euro tachograph regulations? I remember it being mentioned around here before.

Pat

Quote from: ellspurs on September 04, 2020, 03:18:55 PM
Is that an attempt to show that they're separate services so they aren't subject to Euro tachograph regulations? I remember it being mentioned around here before.
The two routes in question are covered by two separate registrations, as the route is too long to be covered by one registration.  E.g the Shrewsbury - Hanley route is split

Shrewsbury - Mkt. Drayton (64)
Mkt. Drayton - Hanley (164)
Hanley - Mkt. Drayton (164)
Mkt. Drayton - Shrewsbury (64)

I don't know why they can't just register the whole thing as either 64 or 164.

Kevin

Very much does seem to be an Arriva thing, similar routes under other operators are officially split and timetables separate the constituent parts but the service has the same number throughout
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

Quote from: ellspurs on September 04, 2020, 03:18:55 PM

Yes it used to be one route the X64

BH2004

I would like to see diamond running the Wolverhampton 15 on evenings

ellspurs

Quote from: Bob on September 06, 2020, 07:53:16 PM
Yes it used to be one route the X64

The Birmingham - Corby X64 by Stagecoach United Counties? Used to like riding that to Northampton and back.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk