News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

Quote from: Nathan on July 24, 2019, 02:17:13 PM
Linthouse Lane, right at Wood End Island onto Wood End Rd, right onto Blackhalve Lane.

Good alternative serving part of the Wednesfield network but a bit of a jaunt around to Essington along the 50mph Blackhalve Lane. Mine would serve housing and reduce mileage.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Dutsey

Wouldn't a quicker way be the route of the 11 and then when that turns to underhill the bus goes right. You could number it 12

Wumpty

Quote from: Dutsey on July 25, 2019, 07:16:58 AM
Wouldn't a quicker way be the route of the 11 and then when that turns to underhill the bus goes right. You could number it 12

True, another good hourly extension. This would mean running the full length of Blackhalve Lane with no opportunity to pick up passengers. A 59A would also connect Essington with the first major town at Wednesfield and also with Bentley Bridge and New Cross Hospital.

That said, nothing wrong with a WN12 running as a full 11 to Underhill, left onto Cannock Road, immediate right onto Belton Avenue, left onto Blackhalve Lane to Essington Church then a reverse of my proposed 59A to city as a circular.

Pat

I would introduce a Telford to Cannock service via Shifnal, Stanton Rd, Tong Norton, Bishop's Wood, Brewood and Gailey. Frequency would be hourly and would be operated by E200 dart's. 

Wumpty

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on July 25, 2019, 02:33:24 PM
I would introduce a Telford to Cannock service via Shifnal, Stanton Rd, Tong Norton, Bishop's Wood, Brewood and Gailey. Frequency would be hourly and would be operated by E200 dart's.

I like the concept of semi-rural services (I'm sure Green Bus Services/Warstone Motors operated similar in the past), and believe there is a market if planned correctly.

Your idea would certainly follow an area lacking regular services, though the demand would need to be encouraged.

Not sure I'd go with E200s given some of the narrower roads - perhaps a slimline Solo would work?

BusMan Greg

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on July 25, 2019, 02:33:24 PM
Great idea but I don't think it would be viable. Arriva did a number 12 between Cannock and Telford via Pye green, Penkridge, Wheaton Aston, Brewood, Coven & M54 on a Saturday only. However it got withdrawn after 6 months of service due to low usage

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on July 28, 2019, 12:14:38 PM
Great idea but I don't think it would be viable. Arriva did a number 12 between Cannock and Telford via Pye green, Penkridge, Wheaton Aston, Brewood, Coven & M54 on a Saturday only. However it got withdrawn after 6 months of service due to low usage
If it only ran on a Saturday then it would have had low usage.  I'm sure a service like this could work if it operated Monday-Saturday.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on July 28, 2019, 12:20:28 PM
If it only ran on a Saturday then it would have had low usage.  I'm sure a service like this could work if it operated Monday-Saturday.
I would like to see a Cannock to Telford service Tbh

Wumpty

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on July 28, 2019, 12:20:28 PM

Warstones Motors ran similar routes but on market/shopping days only, targeting specific shopping habits and it did very well.

Busboy105

Hi I am a new user on the forum and I want to discuss some changes that I would make to some NX routes, particularly the ex-igo ones.
10,10H,10S:
I would renumber the 10 to the 24A which would basically be the peak time version of the 24.
The 10H, I would renumber to the 25 and make it run between Birmingham and Quinton Road West. The 25 wouldn't serve Harborne or Q.E Hospital because there are better and quicker services to Birmingham than the current 10H. The 25 would keep its route between Birmingham and Ladywood but would then follow the current 10 route to Quinton via Westbourne Road and Augustus Road.
I would increase the frequency to every 30 minutes.
The 10S would be withdrawn and replaced by the 48 between Northfield and Q.E hospital Via Shenley Fields and Q.E Hospital.
36:
The 36 would be extended to Birmingham City Centre bit would be shortened to Acocks Green with an increased frequency to every 30 minutes. The only problem with this extension is the traffic in Bordesley green but it can bypass that by running through Coventry Road and turn into Cattell Road which would give it a service since forever.
Any comments on this would be nice.

MasterPlan

Is a service actually needed along Augustus Road? Because the 10 doesn't seem very busy to me.
And how exactly would this rerouting of the alresdy-convoluted 48 work?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Busboy105

In regards to the 10, the reason it is not busy is because NX hasn't really advertised it to the public they just said that they were taking over some ex-igo routes.
By curtailing the 48 to northfield via Weoley  Castle and Shenley Fields it can serve the roads that hasn't has a service since the 29 and 29A have been withdrawn.

Quote from: Busboy105 on July 30, 2019, 04:43:18 PM
In regards to the 10, the reason it is not busy is because NX hasn't really advertised it to the public they just said that they were taking over some ex-igo routes.
By curtailing the 48 to northfield via Weoley  Castle and Shenley Fields it can serve the roads that hasn't has a service since the 29 and 29A have been withdrawn.
The 48 currently runs via Bournville, Cotteridge and Hawkesley between Selly Oak and Northfield? Not Weoley Castle and Shenley Fields? So you'd introduce a new service to cover this section?
Quote from: Busboy105 on July 30, 2019, 03:04:36 PM
36:
The 36 would be extended to Birmingham City Centre bit would be shortened to Acocks Green with an increased frequency to every 30 minutes. The only problem with this extension is the traffic in Bordesley green but it can bypass that by running through Coventry Road and turn into Cattell Road which would give it a service since forever.
Any comments on this would be nice.
So your suggesting extending it along the 97 route between Heartlands Hospital and City Centre?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

For the 48, I would introduce a new route that will from Halesowen to Northfield. It will follow the 19 from Halesowen to Q.E hospital and the current 48 from Q.E hospital to Northfield. The 48 would still go to Northfield via Weoley Castle and Shenley Fields.
For the 36, I would extend it to Birmingham via 97 route but it might go through Cattell road to Coventry Road and follow the 17 and 60 route to city.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Busboy105 on July 30, 2019, 05:14:16 PM
For the 48, I would introduce a new route that will from Halesowen to Northfield. It will follow the 19 from Halesowen to Q.E hospital and the current 48 from Q.E hospital to Northfield. The 48 would still go to Northfield via Weoley Castle and Shenley Fields.

That sounds bizzare. The 27 already does this pretty much.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk