News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

I can't remember how long these roadworks are on for, but the Stratford Road services could do with a timetable change out of city during the evening peak.

Not because they're being delayed and held up, in fact the opposite!

When catching either the 2 or 3 to home in the evening, they regularly arrive at the Auckland Road stop about five minutes early. I think its also the case for the others, as there's often several buses parked up by Aldi having to wait time.

This evening's journey is quite typical now:
https://bustimes.org/services/2-birmingham-maypole-via-warstock/vehicles#journeys/594293672

I recall the timetables were adjusted during the Digbeth roadworks, which have now mainly finished, so a combination of reduced congestion, plus a shorter journey distance as a result of being able to smoothly u-turn on Moor Street Queensway, means it now takes less time to get from there onto the Stratford Road through Sparkbrook.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

JosephR

Quote from: Jack on June 19, 2024, 12:27:03 PMThe 97 doesn't terminate on Moor Street, that's Carrs Lane.

The Stratford Road stop is a joke, people were moaning about it on Facebook about it being too overused.

If Corporation Street never closed to traffic in 2012 we would never have these constant issues and constant moving of buses in the City!
Amazing isn't it, how buses can travel down broad st. Lower bull st. Over a variety of track in the Black Country. But can't continue down corporation st... 

I do not necessarily mean there should be bus stops on corporation st, but it would certainly help to have them on places like navigation st. Hill st. Etc. too congested in the east side imo.

Lukeee

Quote from: JosephR on June 19, 2024, 10:52:52 PMAmazing isn't it, how buses can travel down broad st. Lower bull st. Over a variety of track in the Black Country. But can't continue down corporation st...

I do not necessarily mean there should be bus stops on corporation st, but it would certainly help to have them on places like navigation st. Hill st. Etc. too congested in the east side imo.
Its a valid point, would help congestion at bus stops round Moor Street queensway and priory queensway 

JosephR

Quote from: Lukeee on June 20, 2024, 07:52:34 PMIts a valid point, would help congestion at bus stops round Moor Street queensway and priory queensway
Aswell as cut journey time travelling to/from/around the city centre while providing more links.
For example the 87 could go down corp st to colmore row (loop) and the 24 could do the opposite, through smallbrook Queensway then corporation st (loop)

Steve3229vp

Quote from: JosephR on June 20, 2024, 11:42:05 PMAswell as cut journey time travelling to/from/around the city centre while providing more links.
For example the 87 could go down corp st to colmore row (loop) and the 24 could do the opposite, through smallbrook Queensway then corporation st (loop)
How are you going to go down Corporation Street to Colmore Row ?

JosephR

Quote from: Steve3229vp on June 21, 2024, 07:52:55 AMHow are you going to go down Corporation Street to Colmore Row ?
Lyon Queensway, swallow st, hill st, navigation st, or just hill st and navigation st.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk