News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Euro VI Engines

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 14, 2014, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Are NE still looking to start using Euro VI engines on new buses.

Have just seen this from a TFL Press Release which suggests that the perfomance of these engines is far superior that the Euro V engines?

"More than 300 buses with the latest Euro VI engines will be operating on London's roads by the end of this year,
Transport for London has announced. Over two thirds of these (215) will be hybrid diesel-electric double decker
buses. Under the ULEZ proposal, all buses driving in central London from 2020 will need to meet the Euro VI
standard for NOx emissions.
The effectiveness of Euro VI engines in reducing harmful emissions has been substantiated in testing by TfL that
re-creates real world driving conditions in London. During this testing, a bus with a Euro VI Engine was found to
have 95 per cent lower NOx emissions than a bus with a Euro V engine (down from 10 g/km to 0.5 g/km). This
test result correlates with testing conducted by manufacturers. Buses with Euro VI engines first entered service
in the TfL fleet in April 2014 and from January 2015 all new buses entering service in the capital will be Euro VI."
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

...does this translate to even slower pull offs and pick up speeds?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

The 'Platinum' buses definitely are (see first text after front wheelarch on 4723 in the paintshop) - i.e. Low Emissions, Euro 6 engines.

I suspect the lot will be Euro 6, as after 1st Jan 2015 don't all new buses as standard have to be Euro 6?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 14, 2014, 10:54:28 PM

Have been on one of the EuroVI engined New Routemasters and it doesn't really seem to make a difference if i am honest.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 14, 2014, 10:57:43 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 14, 2014, 10:54:28 PM

Have been on one of the EuroVI engined New Routemasters and it doesn't really seem to make a difference if i am honest.

Thanks for the confirmation.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk