News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wrightbus Streetdeck

Started by winston, October 29, 2014, 11:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

It seems that the Streetdeck due to be launched at Euro Bus Expo is to have a face-lifted Gemini 3 body:

http://www.route-one.net/vehicles/wrightbus-launch-new-integral-decker-euro-bus-expo/

The front/low windscreen look early E300 styling, whilst the upper deck windscreen looks very East Lancs 'Pyoneer/Low Lander'

The glass staircase is a bit better than the original version on the Gemini 3 demo's

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Winston on October 29, 2014, 11:51:51 PM
It seems that the Streetdeck due to be launched at Euro Bus Expo is to have a face-lifted Gemini 3 body:

http://www.route-one.net/vehicles/wrightbus-launch-new-integral-decker-euro-bus-expo/

The front/low windscreen look early E300 styling, whilst the upper deck windscreen looks very East Lancs 'Pyoneer/Low Lander'

The glass staircase is a bit better than the original version on the Gemini 3 demo's

Have you noticed the destination? Heading to Walsall! Hmmm, a little ambitious with NXWM's ADL contract

winston

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on October 30, 2014, 09:57:16 AM
Have you noticed the destination? Heading to Walsall! Hmmm, a little ambitious with NXWM's ADL contract

Yes, I clocked that and a route that no longer exists.....

Tony

Quote from: Winston on October 30, 2014, 10:05:16 AM

Perhaps they're hoping to sell some to Arriva Wednesfield?

winston

Quote from: Tony on October 30, 2014, 10:33:57 AM
Quote from: Winston on October 30, 2014, 10:05:16 AM

Perhaps they're hoping to sell some to Arriva Wednesfield?

'Hoping' being the operative word....

Lukeee

Looks nice, shame NX is only buying Alexander products at the moment

CL

I personally think it's just an improvement to what we all though was a horrendously ugly exterior vehicle. However, overtime, I've grown to like the features of it, despite the space-age vibe I was getting from the upper deck windows. On this CGI mock-up, I think the headlights look like a 2/3 fraction of ADLs E400 MMC, and feel the previous headlights, with some LEDs following the 'curviness' of panel, design was much more modern looking.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

trident4370

Am I the only one who thinks it looks revolting...

Kiewii

Quote from: trident4370 on October 30, 2014, 08:36:07 PM

Finally! I thought there was something wrong with my eyesight with everyone saying it looks good...

CL

Quote from: Kiewii on October 30, 2014, 09:43:21 PM

Finally! I thought there was something wrong with my eyesight with everyone saying it looks good...

Contradictory to what I had said before, I do think the Wrightbus emblem is just too small for show. :o
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

tank90

No.

It looks like the NFBL crossed with E400 MMC with a hint of Wrights last volvo offering.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Mike K

I think it looks ok - it's an improvement on the previous Gemini 3. No doubt it will have better build quality than its ADL rival. That being said, I still prefer the look of the E400 MMC.

The biggest travesty with the ADL contract is not the double deck situation but the purchase of the truly dreadful E200 instead of Wright Volvo single deckers.

JoNi

This week's Coach and Bus week has an image of a two tone grey Streetdeck with 991A Walsall on the front (!!)

winston

Quote from: JoNi on October 31, 2014, 12:54:35 PM
This week's Coach and Bus week has an image of a two tone grey Streetdeck with 991A Walsall on the front (!!)

It's the same picture in the web link at the top of this thread

Bob

As ugly as the streetlite. ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk