News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 06, 2016, 06:33:48 PM
I like nx b7rle and just wish that there were more of them, but in 2018 there should be some more. So bring on 2018!! Why didn't nx have full leather seats. I usually sit at the back of the platinum and there is no leather whatsoever there.

I agree that diamond could improve in certain areas, eg there buses can't go up any incline but the e200s are a pathetic excuse for a bus and obviously quite cheap to buy.

Doubt nx will get many new single deckers as the youngest are the 56 plate b7rles. They are starting to replace presidents and next year probably start on the oldest tridents Y-reg
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 06, 2016, 06:33:48 PM
I like nx b7rle and just wish that there were more of them, but in 2018 there should be some more. So bring on 2018!! Why didn't nx have full leather seats. I usually sit at the back of the platinum and there is no leather whatsoever there.

What in the name of all that is legal are you smoking!? More B7RLE's in 2018? 2017's order won't of even be decided yet so how do you, mystic meg, know that more B7RLE's are coming in 2018?

Why didn't NX go for full leather? Probably because they didn't want them damaged and sliced open by the yobbos that catch them!If you want the leather there's an easy solution, don't sit at the back!

You don't 'recognise the leg room' unless you're 4ft tall I don't get how you can't! There is an obvious difference in leg room between standard vehicles and Platinums vehicles leg room.

I (and it appears many others) really can't understand any of the points in your NX slating spree.

Stu

Since I moved up to South Yardley a few months, I've become a regular on the Platinum 900/957 services.

Going from a Platinum bus onto any other type of NX bus, I really notice the difference now. The interiors of the Platinums are sleek and modern, while any other bus seems cramped, grubby and jaded.

No problem with the leg room either, so I don't know what you're complaining about, unless you're 7ft tall, in which case any bus is going to be uncomfortable!

And as for the Wi-Fi, I don't really use it myself, but while it has limitations remember one thing, IT'S FREE, and everyone else using it is sharing the same connection, which is a mobile broadband connection itself, so don't expect super-fast speeds like you get at home.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Tony on September 06, 2016, 06:37:24 PM
A bit difficult as the B7RLE went out of production a couple of years ago!

I don't like full leather seats. They are slippy, make you sweat in summer and are cold in winter. I have just driven an E200MMC for two spells of 2 hours with leather drivers seat and ended up with a soaking wet shirt

That's what the metro newspaper is for lol

karl724223

Quote from: Dom on September 06, 2016, 06:41:12 PM
What in the name of all that is legal are you smoking!? More B7RLE's in 2018? 2017's order won't of even be decided yet so how do you, mystic meg, know that more B7RLE's are coming in 2018?

Why didn't NX go for full leather? Probably because they didn't want them damaged and sliced open by the yobbos that catch them!If you want the leather there's an easy solution, don't sit at the back!

You don't 'recognise the leg room' unless you're 4ft tall I don't get how you can't! There is an obvious difference in leg room between standard vehicles and Platinums vehicles leg room.

I (and it appears many others) really can't understand any of the points in your NX slating spree.
just think some village has lost its idiot  if they have try Halesowen

winston

Confirmation in latest Bus & Coach buyer:

BC is due 34 new Platinum's, it's current 18 existing Platinum's (6701-18) will be split between AG (8), PN (9) & WA (1)

P419 EJW

Quote from: Winston on September 07, 2016, 10:20:54 AM
Confirmation in latest Bus & Coach buyer:

BC is due 34 new Platinum's, it's current 18 existing Platinum's (6701-18) will be split between AG (8), PN (9) & WA (1)

Why one to Walsall? Unless it is one of the tachograph Platinums?

Gareth

Quote from: P419 EJW on September 07, 2016, 10:50:28 AM

Oh great. Being from a different factory does that mean we will get all excited and its movements will be documented in minute detail? '6718 on the 997. Mega rare!!!' '6718 is on the 935 it sounds different!!!' '6718 isn't built as well as the other Walsall platinums. It's a nail!!!'

Squiz1971

Quote from: Gareth on September 07, 2016, 11:16:50 AM
Oh great. Being from a different factory does that mean we will get all excited and its movements will be documented in minute detail? '6718 on the 997. Mega rare!!!' '6718 is on the 935 it sounds different!!!' '6718 isn't built as well as the other Walsall platinums. It's a nail!!!'
More than likely @Gareth as some people feel that way about different bus makes but it is something we have to deal with I'm afraid mate

P419 EJW

Quote from: Gareth on September 07, 2016, 11:16:50 AM

Be quiet. I am curious, not excited.

winston

Quote from: P419 EJW on September 07, 2016, 10:50:28 AM

Increased Pvr on the 937

Gareth

Quote from: P419 EJW on September 07, 2016, 11:54:12 AM
Be quiet. I am curious, not excited.

'Be quiet'?! Pardon? Well that's not rude at all is it?

P419 EJW

GeminiFan1991

Am I hallucinating or wasn't WA due extra Platinums due to the X51 frequency increase ?
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MW

So BC is gaining 16 Platinums?

If roughly 5 of them are for the 960, 2 of them to replace 4870/71 as back ups that leaves 9. Bristol Road Express?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk