News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: P419 EJW on March 16, 2016, 09:33:24 PM
Haha, noooo. ;) I can be very observant, as a deaf person my ears are dead so I rely on my eyes more. :)

That's invasion of privacy and I shall be reporting you to the mayor! hahaha
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

BK63 YWP

Wonder if the 529 will retain its pink branding when converted into platinum?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

CL

Quote from: Chris on April 08, 2016, 10:22:26 AM
Wonder if the 529 will retain its pink branding when converted into platinum?
All Platinum branding seems to be green, so I'd doubt it...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Kevin

Quote from: clayderman on April 08, 2016, 12:16:05 PM
All Platinum branding seems to be green, so I'd doubt it...

More coincidental I think, previous 900/957 and Kingstanding branding was green. Granted why the X51/997 became green as well is beyond me.
Pink would look decent on the platinum I reckon
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dom

Quote from: Kevin on April 08, 2016, 12:23:57 PM
More coincidental I think, previous 900/957 and Kingstanding branding was green. Granted why the X51/997 became green as well is beyond me.

Well the colours would fit together since the 529's current branding is pink and the past variation of the 126 branding was purple so would fit together very well.

CL

Quote from: Kevin on April 08, 2016, 12:23:57 PM
Quote from: Dom on April 08, 2016, 12:32:48 PM
Well the colours would fit together since the 529's current branding is pink and the past variation of the 126 branding was purple so would fit together very well.
Suppose so, then. I mean, it would make sense (pink and purple, I mean) - and i'm sure it could be pulled off. But then also, you could argue that half of the branding on the X51/997 is red; which makes the speculation of a variation of colours more viable/reasonable. May have just contradicted myself, but I'm willing to see the outcome.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Kevin

I've been thinking recently about the whole idea of Platinum routes. I thought originally it was going to be reserved for main road express routes, but with the recent announcement that the 529 and 126 are getting the upgrade then my logic had gone out of the window, so...

As a potential other route for upgrade in the future, how about the 5 (West Brom to Sutton)? A longer distance route with a lot of people using it for a fair distance in one journey. Would in one fell swoop replace a number of older buses. In a way it kind of competes against rail (I know lots of people for example in Great Barr who go all the way down the hill to Hamstead and travel by rail to Sutton)

Personally I wouldn't waste Platinum on the denizens of Kingstanding but they've already got the 93x routes so someone thinks differently there

monkeyjoe

Is the shortened 966 getting them ?

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 03, 2016, 07:44:41 PM
Is the shortened 966 getting them ?
Shortened 966? Wasn't the 966 getting shortened just a rumor?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Michael Bevan

I've been told apparently it's been confirmed that the 966 will be going Platinum in September. Can anyone confirm?

Tony

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 24, 2016, 08:29:50 AM
I've been told apparently it's been confirmed that the 966 will be going Platinum in September. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, announced today, although obviously as it is in 'The East' and is a route that has not had new buses since 1986 that cannot possibly be true!

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Tony on June 24, 2016, 08:32:30 AM
Yes, announced today, although obviously as it is in 'The East' and is a route that has not had new buses since 1986 that cannot possibly be true!

Good news ! It helps with having the buses serving Birmingham Airport looking good.

Imagine people coming into the country looking at a nicely specced Platinum Enviro400MMC, a refurbished crimson Trident and shoddy Plaxton :D

Tony, could you possibly comment on (Or possibly add an opinion) on whether all future Platinum vehicles will ADL Enviro400MMC or will other vehicles get the Specced up treatment ? I.e will we ever see a Platinum Streetdeck ?
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Tony

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on June 24, 2016, 08:42:46 AM
Good news ! It helps with having the buses serving Birmingham Airport looking good.

Imagine people coming into the country looking at a nicely specced Platinum Enviro400MMC, a refurbished crimson Trident and shoddy Plaxton :D

Tony, could you possibly comment on (Or possibly add an opinion) on whether all future Platinum vehicles will ADL Enviro400MMC or will other vehicles get the Specced up treatment ? I.e will we ever see a Platinum Streetdeck ?

Sorry, but until orders are placed no-one knows, not even the directors!

Kevin

Wtf.... Really? A route as convoluted as that getting Platinum?  Unless it's getting rerouted to be more direct and a better frequency then what's the point?

Stu

Quote from: Kevin on June 24, 2016, 12:01:55 PM
Wtf.... Really? A route as convoluted as that getting Platinum?  Unless it's getting rerouted to be more direct and a better frequency then what's the point?

It has never been stated that only express/direct routes could be upgraded to Platinum.

The 900 operates every 30mins (albeit with the 900E short journeys every 30 mins also), as does the 966.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk