News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

One wag said this morning I've seen one of those new platinum buses but it was painted red and white as a disguise so that I'd miss seeing it!

CL

Well, i'm on 6707 now - approaching Small Heath Highway - however, thr Audio Announcements seem to be a real let down. Whether GPS controlled or from the cab, it hasn't changed from 'Park Street' - same goes for 6704 yesterday. As well as not having a red plastic cover for a stop button, the announcement screen downstairs was frozen...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Niall

Quote from: clayderman on May 26, 2015, 10:21:03 AM
Well, i'm on 6707 now - approaching Small Heath Highway - however, thr Audio Announcements seem to be a real let down. Whether GPS controlled or from the cab, it hasn't changed from 'Park Street' - same goes for 6704 yesterday. As well as not having a red plastic cover for a stop button, the announcement screen downstairs was frozen...

6703 and 6706 are stuck on Birmingham Coach Station. I've yet to hear any audio announcements
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Chris2301

Well impressed with the platinum buses been on (6703/4), apart from a crying child screaming the bus down from Airport to Coventry...

Niall

Quote from: Matt on May 26, 2015, 01:27:16 PM
On my way into city to have another go at getting a platinum...to prevent a repeat of yesterday any help in avoiding "older" Enviros would be useful!

i think the older ones are grouped together, if you see 4902 you've probably got a long wait. I think most of the platinums are on 900Es at the moment, probably either arriving in or leaving Brum.  (i don't know the route very well though, so can't be sure - I've already miscalculated which of them would be doing the Coventry bit!)

The Real 4778

Quote from: Chris2301 on May 26, 2015, 01:24:02 PM
Well impressed with the platinum buses, apart from a crying child screaming the bus down from Airport to Coventry...

Hardly a feature of the bus or Platinum spec!
Don't you start.

CL

I noticed, when looking into the cab - the Platinums are shorter than Euro V E400s?

I saw the sticker on 6707 in the driver's cab, which read: Overall Height 14'2" - isn't it usually 14'6"?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

danny

@Matt the one I'm on just passing through Sheldon should be im brum in 20 if you wanted to wait for one
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

don

Quote from: The Real 4778 on May 26, 2015, 01:44:08 PM
Hardly a feature of the bus or Platinum spec!

Parental skills (or the lack of) can be irritating of course, but Platinum buses are intended to carry customers (including those that are children).

I'm guessing that a decent load of enthusiasts has been carried over the the last day and a half!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Chris2301

Quote from: don on May 26, 2015, 02:22:34 PM
Parental skills (or the lack of) can be irritating of course, but Platinum buses are intended to carry customers (including those that are children).

I'm guessing that a decent load of enthusiasts has been carried over the the last day and a half!!

i just realised that post did not make sense. Platinum itself is brilliant comfy seat love the wifi And the leg room

Tony

Quote from: Matt on May 26, 2015, 02:19:09 PM
@danny thanks but it's cool, might be a 900a. I'll just make sure I get one on the way back.

Unlikely would need to be very late (about 6 hours) to be a 900a

don

Quote from: Chris2301 on May 26, 2015, 02:25:49 PM
i just realised that post did not make sense. Platinum itself is brilliant comfy seat love the wifi And the leg room

The Real 4778 was referring to a screaming child - and Yeah - can't wait to go on one! Won't be for a while though - how many enthusiasts per bus currently, do you reckon?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: Matt on May 26, 2015, 02:33:05 PM
Hmm ok, thought every other 900 was a 900A to the airport. I must be stuck in the past as usual.

900a is the very early morning variation that goes through Small Heath, not via the bypass

Trident 4609

6709 now out. Passed me just on Small Heath Bypass.

Niall

6707 is speaking now (just leaving Coventry)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk