News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Fox 4846

Do you know for sure any platinum routes?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Liverpool Street

Very impressed. As it has been mentioned, looks like a proper transition from older WMT/pte liveries. Forget the whole of 1993-2014 liveries hahaha.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

Quote from: trident4370 on November 13, 2014, 03:59:07 PM
Really annoyed I missed it now I know it was 4723 :( looks much better than the current rubbish though,  a bit grey but I suppose it is supposed to look more professional which it certainly does. My only worry is will it look as good on the MMC? Time will tell.

Tbh, I do think the 'Platinum' font on the logo doesn't suit, but regarding your question about if it'll look good on the E400MMC, I think it would. For example, in one of Rob's photos (which are great quality, btw) at the front, you can see a red strip go across the bottom of the windshield, which, personally, will suit the MMC and would certainly look 'flush'.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

winston

Quote from: Tony on November 13, 2014, 06:16:08 PM
To answer a few questions, If you missed it today, you've missed it. I took it back to Walsall to be painted Red & White.

When I left Snow Hill with it I took the directors back to Bordesley garage in it, then drove it around Digbeth 3 times for the Press office to get some photos and then back via Moor Street Queensway, Miller Street and Walsall town centre to Walsall garage, during all the time I was driving it I didn't see any enthusiasts photograph it which is quite amazing considering where I drove it.

It is the aim that only new buses will carry this livery, of which 58 will be delivered next year.

The MD did tell the press today that these 58 buses are in addition to the agreement with Centro for 600 new buses in five years, so it looks like 658 new buses at least

Tony,

Has the partnership agreement being extended further? As originally it was 300 new buses by Summer 2015.

Even more new buses & high spec, impressive levels of investment!  :)

Tony

I have added a couple more shots of 4723 today, one at Bordesley, one on Walsall Road, amazing how the grey changes depending on the light
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4723.html

arrifirststage

I really hate being a miserable old Git,but isn't the world dull enough without dreary,dark colours on the buses?
Is it actually beyond designers to choose a livery which conveys cheerfulness?
Still ,suppose it could be worse (although not much) ...........could have copied the Diamond Bus funeral hearses.
If this livery is supposed to attract passengers then It is about as likely as Wolves winning the Champions League.

Liberator9

The Silver/Grey combination, with the red stripe looks smart - it's a massive improvement on the standard red/white livery (rather have this as a standard livery across the whole fleet!)

monkeyjoe

All looks and sounds very promising, it just seems a bit ?????? (you decide); nearly 20 years to effectively bring back the West Midlands Travel "Timesaver" network. Okay we didn't have Wifi in those days lol.

Mind I suppose there has been a recession so can let the management off on those grounds.

Their is a map in the evening mail outlining longer term plans include rapid sprint routes etc, can't find it on the council site though. Yippee Washwood heath rd via Hodge Hill to Coleshill parkway station is getting on according to this map. Probably not in my life time though.

RW

Quote from: Tony on November 13, 2014, 06:16:08 PM
To answer a few questions, If you missed it today, you've missed it. I took it back to Walsall to be painted Red & White.

When I left Snow Hill with it I took the directors back to Bordesley garage in it, then drove it around Digbeth 3 times for the Press office to get some photos and then back via Moor Street Queensway, Miller Street and Walsall town centre to Walsall garage, during all the time I was driving it I didn't see any enthusiasts photograph it which is quite amazing considering where I drove it.

It is the aim that only new buses will carry this livery, of which 58 will be delivered next year.

The MD did tell the press today that these 58 buses are in addition to the agreement with Centro for 600 new buses in five years, so it looks like 658 new buses at least
.                                                                                                                                           

Tony when you say "....only new buses will carry this livery......." is that all new buses in future or only vehicles destined for gold corridor routes? If the latter is any consideration being given to 'refreshing'/updating the standard livery?

D10

Saw 4723 in the flesh this morning, it looked fantastic even on a grey morning.

I think it looks really stylish and modern, and should hide the dirt! The red helps to lift the livery and provides a bright contrast to prevent the greys being too dull.  :)

Bob

Hey tony this is like deja vu! Remember when they painted the tracline A reg Metrobus into Timesaver livery in the 80s for publicity shots prior to the real things being delivered.  I always wondered what happened to it did it go on timesaver routes?

leewhayward29

How would the fleet numbers be as 4*** or 5*** or 6*** or 7*** or 8***
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 13, 2014, 08:08:44 PM
All looks and sounds very promising, it just seems a bit ?????? (you decide); nearly 20 years to effectively bring back the West Midlands Travel "Timesaver" network. Okay we didn't have Wifi in those days lol.

Mind I suppose there has been a recession so can let the management off on those grounds.

Their is a map in the evening mail outlining longer term plans include rapid sprint routes etc, can't find it on the council site though. Yippee Washwood heath rd via Hodge Hill to Coleshill parkway station is getting on according to this map. Probably not in my life time though.

Found this online, but no map
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/4bn-birmingham-transport-improvements-revealed-8098875

B'ham congestion charges still being considered:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-congestion-charges-could-still-8103383

Solo1

When will the 58 buses be in service in this livery

Wasnt it a bit of a waste of money painting the bus in the new livery only for a day would of been better of had it do the rounds
for a month then see what folks think of the livery at each road show it went to

monkeyjoe

https://www.centro.org.uk/media/358890/Prospectus_Presentation.pdf

The map I was referring to, is slide 11. I have to say lack of attention to detail in some of the formatting, council needs to have a word with who ever produced this lol.

Tell a lie above map looks like the one that was in yesterdays evening mail, but has been changed again. This one has part of the 70 route as a proposed sprint route.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk