News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Nxwm on October 17, 2016, 11:46:51 AM
Really never thought of that genius 😂

Well if the first 6 have already been out and ex Suttons going to WB work that out genius...😂
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

wbdriver

had my first experience of travelling on a platinum this morning on the 126 6785 i think. very impressed with them. the only thing i didn't like was the announcements were a bit loud.
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Trident 4194

Quote from: wbdriver on October 17, 2016, 01:18:01 PM
had my first experience of travelling on a platinum this morning on the 126 6785 i think. very impressed with them. the only thing i didn't like was the announcements were a bit loud.

Also had my first experience on 6776 I think and the announcements were a bit loud I also thought. Any ideas who's voice it is? Very good overall, can't tell the voith from the zf gearbox, and I think there is a way of overriding stop start

BusFan94

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 17, 2016, 01:34:36 PM
Also had my first experience on 6776 I think and the announcements were a bit loud I also thought. Any ideas who's voice it is? Very good overall, can't tell the voith from the zf gearbox, and I think there is a way of overriding stop start
As far as I'm aware it is the driver speaking for example if you heard a man speaking and a man was driving it would be the driver. If it was a women and a women was driving the same. Whereas If a man was driving and a women spoke it is computed generated.
Also what was the point in Platinumising  the 529 if it goes Wolverhampton to Walsall I think it would make more sense to Platinumise  the 79 it goes further than the 529 from Wolvo to West Brom
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Gareth

It's not the driver and it's not computer generated speech as such. They are pre recorded by real people. For example Phil Upton on the 22 and 23 in Birmingham.

Length of route also has nothing to do with which routes should and shouldn't be Platinum.

The Real 4778

Quote from: BusFan94 on October 17, 2016, 04:37:35 PM
As far as I'm aware it is the driver speaking for example if you heard a man speaking and a man was driving it would be the driver. If it was a women and a women was driving the same. Whereas If a man was driving and a women spoke it is computed generated.

Why does a men never drive? 

I guess it's all those women drivers!
Don't you start.

John

6805 entered service today. Done the 757 and a 904/5 this afternoon

Dom

As far as I'm aware it is the driver speaking

Oh jesus christ, so every driver has the same voice?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Dom on October 17, 2016, 06:15:06 PM

The one on BC hybrids are much better than this guy.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Dom on October 17, 2016, 06:15:06 PM

Haha, I wouldn't even know half the stops. Next stop is "just after the traffic lights"

The next stop is "by the motorway bridge " lol

Ashley 60171

Just moaning for the sake of moaning and nit picking as per.

After five years (next month) of next stop annoucements, various voices and services. I still don't see the issue, can sometimes feel weird without them, especially on the 1.

Stu

Also what was the point in Platinumising  the 529 if it goes Wolverhampton to Walsall I think it would make more sense to Platinumise  the 79 it goes further than the 529 from Wolvo to West Brom

You've obviously never travelled on any bus with talking announcements.

As for 'Platinumising', its nothing to do with the length of the route, but its role within the network as a whole. The Platinum routes are those operating along key corridors connecting key areas, Wolverhampton to Walsall, Wolverhampton to Birmingham, Birmingham to Walsall, Birmingham to Coventry etc.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

GeminiFan1991

If length was the main factor for making a route into Platinum, AG would be due a sizeable order to replace roughly a 1/3 of the fleet  ;)

I find it theirs become quite a bit of nit picking in regards to these Platinum buses, their a clear upgrade over the E400s they've succeeded to no cost to the end passenger. If you don't like the announcements, might I suggest head/earphones. I use them and it makes the journey all the more pleasant not to mention these announcements help announce key stops along the journey.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Dom

6773 has a different stop start to the others, it shuts down when the handbrake is applied in general, a driver friend of mine demonstrated this to me yesterday.

Other Walsall Tony

6794 on the 529 today.
Tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk