News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton City Centre Bus Changes.

Started by P419 EJW, August 22, 2014, 11:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Wolverhampton City Council will be making significant changes to transform the city centre. As part of the works there will be changes to some bus services. The first change will take place on Saturday 30 August 2014. The second change will take place on 31 August 2014.

For those are interested to find out, link here: Bus Changes.

I'm glad WA 69 is back in the bus station but didn't expect WA 89 to go in the bus station!

SMK

Looks like the bus station is going to be a lot busier then with the 69/89 serving it along with the routes that'll no longer serve a stop in the city centre before leaving it.  ::)
It's bad enough in the middle section, when the 59/529s are running late.
TBH I can't see any real benefit to these road changes.
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Trident 4609

The 59 drivers don't like the changes! They recon they won't make the turn into Market St from Tower St.

59's should have either gone Lichfield St then Broad St or Pipers Row then straight onto Fryer St like it used to.

It will make it easier for me to get to the bus station now with the 69 stopping there again plus the addition of the 89

Westy

Nice to get the Bloxwich route stopping there again but shame it won't go round city anymore either!

P419 EJW

Quote from: Nathan on August 23, 2014, 07:41:29 AM
The 59 drivers don't like the changes! They reckon they won't make the turn into Market St from Tower St.

59's should have either gone Lichfield St then Broad St or Pipers Row then straight onto Fryer St like it used to.

It will make it easier for me to get to the bus station now with the 69 stopping there again plus the addition of the 89

That was exactly what I was expecting but I was a bit surprised the 59 will go Tower Street, Market Street and Queen Street.

On a side note, it will be very strange to see Queen Street to be in opposite direction because I'm used to see that road to be downwards, not upwards. ;) Although, the interesting find is that my mum told me Queen Street used to be both directions (many) years ago.

andrew1991

Quote from: Nathan on August 23, 2014, 07:41:29 AM
The 59 drivers don't like the changes! They recon they won't make the turn into Market St from Tower St.

It'll be a lot easier when they remove the pavement dividing the lanes next week.

SMK

Gah they're going to swap the stands where each of the 2s stop in the bus station.
The current arrangement, where the Bushbury Hill-bound stand is opposite the 11's in the middle section, means I can easily wait for either one of the Cannock Road services.
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

mranon

swapping the 2 around doesn't make any sense!

SMK

D10

I understood the reason why the 2 stands are being swapped over is so that the 2 towards Warstones and the 255/256 will be on adjacent stops.

But as SMK points out, that means the 2 towards Bushbury will no longer be near the 11, and of course the 2 and the 11 share far more of their route than the 2 and the 255/256 do, doh! ::)

Trident 4609

Why do they need to move the 11 to Stand N? What will be stopping at Stand J now?

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Nathan on August 25, 2014, 10:21:23 AM
Why do they need to move the 11 to Stand N? What will be stopping at Stand J now?

It will only be the Travel Express 11s stopping at Stand J. Will be interesting to see drivers from the same company competing for the stand.

I've tried to summarise what buses will stop at each stand because I don't think I'm the only one getting a bit confused.
Stand A - 62, 62A, 64, 891, 892
Stand B - 25A, 26A, 27, 27A
Stand C - 890, 82, 22, 545
Stand D - 5, 5A and 25C
Stand E - 6 and 6A
Stand F - 59
Stand G - 69, 89, 50, 500
Stand H - 10
Stand J - Travel Express Service 11
Stand K - 32 and 33
Stand L - 81, 255 and 256
Stand M - 2 to Warstones
Stand N - NX 11 only
Stand P - 28, 40, 53, 57 and 65
Stand Q - 529
Stand R - 39 and 79
Stand S - 126
Stand T - 2 to Bushbury
Stand U - unloading only
Stands V and W (Pipers Row) - National Express Coaches

mikestone

What is the point of closing that little bit of Princess Street?   

Trident 4609

Quote from: mikestone on August 25, 2014, 07:41:01 PM
What is the point of closing that little bit of Princess Street?

It will all be a paved pedestrianized area linking up with the already pedestrian only King St

domino.99

Quote from: mranon on August 24, 2014, 03:26:03 PM
swapping the 2 around doesn't make any sense!
There isn't anything about the 2 in the article?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk