News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Roller Blinds for sale

Started by the trainbasher, August 12, 2014, 08:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Busman Jamie

I've got 4 roller blinds, I have an old black and white Leicester blind, an old Telford blind from an F/ENF tiger, an old shresbury blind from an old iveco and Y705TGH old roller blind

4130Quinton

That's ebay for you, people loose the run of themselves! Even the prices people are charging for photos and timetables are off the wall, go to a rally and you can get them off the sales stands for a fraction of the ebay price.... I did get one ebay bargain I must admit, a Birmingham area lower blind from 1971 that seems to cover all the garages.

trident4370

Yeah I tend to find most everyday stuff is cheaper on Amazon anyway. ebay is becoming just lots of shops and retail outlets now, sadly it's no longer the site it used to be. I have bought a couple of blinds in the past but not for a while now, although I haven't seen anything I like anyway recently! I'd say people are better off buying pics from rallies as you get a proper look at the print rather than just a digital copy on a screen plus they usually have hundreds to choose from and as you say are a much cheaper, same goes for blinds you get a much better idea of the condition.

Tony S

Hi all,

At the time of posting this, I see that the Wolverhampton lower blind is still up for sale on e-bay at £44.99, not only is this really overpriced but they also want £9.90 to post it to you!!!

I picked up a complete destination blind box with working mechanism off a MCW Metrobus with both upper and lower Walsall hi-viz blinds still fitted to it for just £35.00.

I also picked up a WMPTE Fleetline side number box complete and fully working for only £20.00 too!!

I also have a white lettered AG upper blind and a white lettered WB upper blind, I'm still looking for the matching lower blinds for these two as well.

Speaking of which, does anyone know where I could pick up a couple of destination blind winder handles from? As they seem to be as rare as rocking horse poo!!

barry619

Quote from: clayderman on August 13, 2014, 05:16:41 PM
bit steep for £50 isn't it?
Yes but it's not unusual for eBay. Some on there get hold of blinds and cut them up into individual 'displays' and then try to sell them for a tenner each.

There is/was also someone on there selling current First Potteries timetables for £5 each. You can get them for nothing from their enquiry offices.

MrBevan2000

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on June 15, 2015, 06:51:24 PM
I know of a couple of people who collect Destination Blinds and i suppose it's not a bad hobby to have really, providing you've got a good dry and safe place to store them and that they're not kept in direct Sunlight ???

The only Blinds i have myself are ones from Coventry, that date from the late 1940's up to the 1990's and cover the "COVENTRY TRANSPORT", "WMPTE" and "WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL" era of Bus travel here in Coventry !!!

I've also got a "TIMESAVER" Blind, which i've had for at least 20 years now and is virtually in like new condition ?  I only purchased it because the 900 Timesaver service runs to & from Coventry and so that was my only reason for buying it, because of its Coventry connection !!!

For some reason, i've also got a Hockley Garage blind, but why i have it or where i actually got it from, that i don't know ???lol.  I might get rid of that one soon ???
If you sell any let me know and I can perhaps talk to a few people or get one myself. The Timesaver blind sounds interesting!

CL

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on June 15, 2015, 06:51:24 PM
I know of a couple of people who collect Destination Blinds and i suppose it's not a bad hobby to have really, providing you've got a good dry and safe place to store them and that they're not kept in direct Sunlight ???

The only Blinds i have myself are ones from Coventry, that date from the late 1940's up to the 1990's and cover the "COVENTRY TRANSPORT", "WMPTE" and "WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL" era of Bus travel here in Coventry !!!

I've also got a "TIMESAVER" Blind, which i've had for at least 20 years now and is virtually in like new condition ?  I only purchased it because the 900 Timesaver service runs to & from Coventry and so that was my only reason for buying it, because of its Coventry connection !!!

For some reason, i've also got a Hockley Garage blind, but why i have it or where i actually got it from, that i don't know ???lol.  I might get rid of that one soon ???

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 22, 2015, 12:35:33 PM
If you sell any let me know and I can perhaps talk to a few people or get one myself. The Timesaver blind sounds interesting!

Wouldn't mind the Hockley blind, myself. In fact, I live fairly close to the former garage... Would be happy to buy it, for a reasonable price, contact me if you wish. @Coventry Transport Dude

CL

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on August 19, 2015, 11:05:30 PM
I've only just noticed your message here and so i'm "SORRY" for taking so long to reply back to you !  I think the Hockley blind might well be up in my loft and so as soon as i find it, i'll let you know and we'll sort something out ???  I'd be happy if i knew it had gone on to a good home and back to the City where it rightfully belongs, so i'll certainly contact you as soon as i can find it ???

Take care for now and i'll speak to you soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No worries about the late reply. ;) PM me, should you have any statements or questions. @Coventry Transport Dude

CL

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bus-Destination-Blind-/261999897892?hash=item3d00692d24

Cosmos Font: Travel Coventry top blind. Presumably from a Merc? I don't recall any other vehicle type at CV with rollerblinds. Quite a cheap listing too, at a £25 total price, considering single destinations are somewhere around the £20 mark...

trident4370

It's from a B6 ;) I need YW, AG, BC, and PB One-piece blinds if anyone can help :D

CL

Quote from: trident4370 on August 24, 2015, 04:26:26 PM
It's from a B6 ;) I need YW, AG, BC, and PB One-piece blinds if anyone can help :D
I'd forgotten about the B6s at CV! And now that I think about it, CV had some rollerblind Solos as well, didn't they? I don't know though, those destinations look too close together for a B6 blind...

uniquicity

Quote from: clayderman on August 24, 2015, 05:52:52 PM
those destinations look too close together for a B6 blind...

I agree :p

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk