News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Doors

Started by Trident 4194, August 12, 2014, 07:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 13, 2014, 08:46:32 PM
That's not very nice ls lol. I understand once they've left, they've left but when they see yOurunning then drive off that frustrates me

If you ever do the job, you'll understand. I'm not going to bother to explain it but I'm sure its the same opinion as other drivers,not so sure ababout Tony as we All know he's a top company man ;) ;) haha /Jest the owner
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

That's not very nice ls lol. I understand once they've left, they've left but when they see yOurunning then drive off that frustrates me

Get to the stop before the bus pulls up then or wait for the next one then!

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 13, 2014, 08:53:00 PM

If you ever do the job, you'll understand. I'm not going to bother to explain it but I'm sure its the same opinion as other drivers,not so sure ababout Tony as we All know he's a top company man ;) ;) haha /Jest the owner

Admit it LS, it depends on the stop and the time! If you are at a stop like the one opposite New Street station, you know if you open them again.... and again for the next runner in the peak, so you never get away, so you follow you policy. If you are on time at a stop where only two people ever get on, running on time, you will normally open them again

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on August 13, 2014, 08:55:58 PM

Admit it LS, it depends on the stop and the time! If you are at a stop like the one opposite New Street station, you know if you open them again.... and again for the next runner in the peak, so you never get away, so you follow you policy. If you are on time at a stop where only two people ever get on, running on time, you will normally open them again

Exactly. I've noticed its like the Cranes Park stop Moor Street - they want to get on when your at the lights on red! Drivers I've seen sometimes let them. If they all did 0 tolerence then people wouldn't even bother to ask
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

Isn't it right that as soon as you're out of the bus stop box, no picking up or dropping off until the next registered bus stop?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

j789

As has been said as a passenger you must appreciate it from the driver's point of view why sometimes the bus moves away when a passenger is running to the stop. If you have ever been to crowngate bus station in Worcester you would see the problem. The 35 route is the worst for this because of the volume of passengers. When I started driving at Worcester I would always let people on even if I was just about to move off. After 1 particular journey where it took me 10 mins to move off the stand because of constant passengers - you let 1 person on then another 10 turn up - I quickly learnt you can't be mr nice guy driver all the time. We have to run to a timetable and put up with a few disgruntled passengers who may have to wait another 5 mins!

Sh4318

I think it's really funny :D
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

andrew1991

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 13, 2014, 10:59:47 PM

Maybe you need to be a leggy blonde with a big bust lol  :P

Trident 4194

In merry hill there was a person running for 241 but the driver had already pulled away, but the nice bus driver went to the next stand to pick her up.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 14, 2014, 08:00:40 AM
In merry hill there was a person running for 241 but the driver had already pulled away, but the nice bus driver went to the next stand to pick her up.

Well he would've failed his DQM if there was one on board.
until it cought fire

Trident 4194

What's the DMQ? I now agree with you Ls, when on 9 in colmore row 9 about to depart but saw a person running so opened back up, then about another 15 people just appeared from nowhere, and got on

the trainbasher

Where upstairs have the drivers quality checked to make sure they are up to standard

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Mike K

Quote from: Andrew on August 13, 2014, 11:18:17 PM
Quote from: Sh4318 on August 13, 2014, 10:59:47 PM

Maybe you need to be a leggy blonde with a big bust lol  :P

That might explain why drivers stop for me at the weekend but not during the week...

vinh1000

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 14, 2014, 04:57:29 PM
What's the DMQ? I now agree with you Ls, when on 9 in colmore row 9 about to depart but saw a person running so opened back up, then about another 15 people just appeared from nowhere, and got on
Driver Quaity Management i think
Some of the drivers I know at PB always worry as you never know when it happens (as i read in a NX newsletter once its too sneaky)
Wonder if they give A's often @Liverpool Street most of them get B at the most

Wumpty

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 12, 2014, 07:59:41 PM
I remember in the Midland Red/Early WMPTE days that it was quite common for buses to be driven round with the doors open in the warmer weather, would never be allowed now!

Wasn't there a Walsall engineer sacked for letting a spotter hang out the front doors of a Metrobus some years ago? The MB's had no interlocks on them IIRC.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk