News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Smoking on buses

Started by Trident 4194, August 07, 2014, 03:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

What can bus drivers do about people smoking on buses?

andrew1991

Tell them to stop, tell them to get off, do nothing.

Or the fun one, throw a bucket of water on them (management wouldn't be a fan of that though)

Tony

Quote from: Andrew on August 07, 2014, 04:28:03 PM

Or the fun one, throw a bucket of water on them (management wouldn't be a fan of that though)

None of those 4 are correct. The first two, because drivers are not supposed to leacve the cab to challenge people, and smoking 'normally' happens on the top deck of a double deckers

andrew1991

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2014, 04:32:48 PM

None of those 4 are correct. The first two, because drivers are not supposed to leacve the cab to challenge people, and smoking 'normally' happens on the top deck of a double deckers

I know they're not supposed to get out of the cab but they sometimes do.

Isn't there a screen on the wayfarer for reporting anti social behaviour ?

domino.99

Quote from: Andrew on August 07, 2014, 04:40:56 PM
Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2014, 04:32:48 PM

I know they're not supposed to get out of the cab but they sometimes do.

Isn't there a screen on the wayfarer for reporting anti social behaviour ?
Yeah there is not sure what happens if pressed.

Bob

What year did NX or WMT/Wumpty ban smoking on buses, didnt it use to be upstairs only or at the back of single deckers when it was allowed?

YWDriver

Button on the wayfarer to report the smoking which is then collected to look for any particular hotspots. Apart from that, there is not much we can do unfortunately.

Gareth

Quote from: Bob on August 07, 2014, 09:20:31 PM
What year did NX or WMT/Wumpty ban smoking on buses, didnt it use to be upstairs only or at the back of single deckers when it was allowed?

I think it was 1991.

lynx1103

Quote from: Gareth on August 07, 2014, 11:23:13 PM
Quote from: Bob on August 07, 2014, 09:20:31 PM

I think it was 1991.

Remember being 1991 as new scania n113 bei g delivered to Birmingham Central
And 3201 painted allover advert for West Midlands Travel healthier way to travel.

Jay

My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

YWDriver

Quote from: Jon on August 09, 2014, 11:03:47 PM
What about vaping?

Officially it is also not allowed but it is obviously a lot harder to report unless you actually see someone doing it.

Quote from: YWDriver on August 07, 2014, 11:01:30 PM
Button on the wayfarer to report the smoking which is then collected to look for any particular hotspots. Apart from that, there is not much we can do unfortunately.

Incorrect..You can do something about it. It can be reported to safer travel by text, they gather information and theoretically then target specific areas. In order for something to be done people need to complain and report it (drivers and passengers), problem is most 'can't be bothered' Pressing buttons on the wayfarer does absolutely nothing! its unacceptable in this day and age that passengers have to put up with other peoples smoking especially children and the elderly and as for the 'that's how it is attitude' don't start me.... >:( >:( >:(
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Mike K

This may be oversimplifying it but could smoke alarms not be fitted towards the back of the upper saloons? Could send an automatic alert if triggered and if clearly signed would surely act as a deterrent.

Matt.N0056

What annoys me is when people get on the bus for all of 5/10 minutes and smoke on the bus. Why not wait till your off?!

Trident 4194

It's even worse when it's drugs. I avoid the top deck now because of the 'chavs' that decide it is perfectly ok.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk