News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Meriden

Started by Kevin, August 01, 2014, 08:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Ok then, leave all as is.....

And Stagecoach can register an express service Brum - Cov competing with NX
No?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on August 10, 2014, 09:56:37 AM
Ok then, leave all as is.....

And Stagecoach can register an express service Brum - Cov competing with NX
No?

They have done in the past, carried no-one which is why it doesn't run now, admittedly Saturdays only, X65 Northampton-Birmingham.

There was also the traditional Midland Red Express service Birmingham-Leicester, now why doesn't that run any more.

If you are in that much of a hurry to get from Pool Meadow to Birmingham there is currently an almost every two hours, 24 hours a day service currently running..... The 777

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on August 10, 2014, 10:06:57 AM
If you are in that much of a hurry to get from Pool Meadow to Birmingham there is currently an almost every two hours, 24 hours a day service currently running..... The 777

Touchee

I know I'm like a dog with a done on this one but it really does surprise me that there isn't anything faster than the current 900, given the possibility

Stu

Quote from: Kevin on August 10, 2014, 10:34:34 AM

Touchee

I know I'm like a dog with a done on this one but it really does surprise me that there isn't anything faster than the current 900, given the possibility

The train?  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

Quote from: Stu on August 10, 2014, 07:54:21 PM

Touchee

The train?  ;)

le sigh....
rephrase - "....that there isn't a faster bus than the current 900, given the possibility"

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on August 10, 2014, 08:24:33 PM
Quote from: Stu on August 10, 2014, 07:54:21 PM

Touchee

The train?  ;)

le sigh....
rephrase - "....that there isn't a faster bus than the current 900, given the possibility"

There is though, as I mentioned above there is the 777, what you mean is there is nothing quicker that you can use a bus pass or day ticket on. And there is good reason for that. It would never make any money at the small amount any operator would get from these tickets.

Kevin

Yeah tbh I didn't really think about the coach originally...
Either way, parting shot before I stop it:
Only a few years ago, the 951 was run down to the point of peak hours only, and i was then of the same view about the Walsall road as i am now about the Cov road... And look at the X51 now.

Again, I'll shut up now ;)

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on August 10, 2014, 09:46:11 PM
Yeah tbh I didn't really think about the coach originally...
Either way, parting shot before I stop it:
Only a few years ago, the 951 was run down to the point of peak hours only, and i was then of the same view about the Walsall road as i am now about the Cov road... And look at the X51 now.

Again, I'll shut up now ;)

The X51 works because the majority of its passengers are only on for 10 Minutes. The most popular stop on the X51 is Beeches Road. £1 for a 10 minute ride works. £1 for an hour ride doesn't.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk