News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

29 - Birmingham to Northfield

Started by Mike360, May 20, 2012, 02:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike360

I think the 29 should be increased to every 10 minutes running the full route by getting rid of the 29A service which I and others find useless because the 29 usually always leaves Northfield pretty full and is a popular service. When waiting for the 29 to come back to Northfield, a 29A can come first quite empty and then the 29 which I want will turn up late and full and It's not just me who thinks the 29A should be scrapped and the main 29 increased in frequency as I've heard others talking about it so I just thought what others think if they use this service.

Well I don't know the route that well, but if you get rid of the 29A, you get rid of the link between Shenley Fields and Weoley Castle, Harborne, Five Ways and Birmingham

Quote from: Mike360 on May 20, 2012, 02:47:23 PM
I think the 29 should be increased to every 10 minutes running the full route by getting rid of the 29A service which I and others find useless because the 29 usually always leaves Northfield pretty full and is a popular service. When waiting for the 29 to come back to Northfield, a 29A can come first quite empty and then the 29 which I want will turn up late and full and It's not just me who thinks the 29A should be scrapped and the main 29 increased in frequency as I've heard others talking about it so I just thought what others think if they use this service.

danny

Where is shenley fields because tbo I thought the 29A was a short working lol
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

To my knowledge Shenley Fields is in Northfield
Both the 29/A operate Weoley Castle then go to two different parts of Northfield
The 29A is a full working, I think it used to be a short working

29 - Lockwood Rd - Birmingham (via. Northfield, Harborne, Five Ways)
29A - Shenley Fields - Birmingham (via. Northfield, Harborne, Five Ways)

Quote from: danny on May 20, 2012, 06:47:43 PM
Where is shenley fields because tbo I thought the 29A was a short working lol

danny

Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Mike360

Well yeah the 29/29A both run the same route to and from Birmingham and Weoley Castle Square.
Then the 29 runs from Weoley Castle to Northfield (Lockwood Road).
The 29A runs from Weoley Castle to Shenley Fields (Shenley Lane) which is about 4/5 stops from Castle Square.

fleetline6477

Northfield does need a greater frequency than every 20 minutes. I think both the 29 and 29A should remain along their current routes but extend the current 29A along from Shenley Lane up to Lockwood Road along the old 29 route.

lgr

Well a very close friend of mine lives right next to the Shenley Fields terminus and I'm sure she would be inclined to disagree with you massively.

I think this suggestion is ridiculous really. The idea of Northfield needing a greater frequency... to where?! If you want to go to town you get the 29/61/63/143/144/X62.

If you want to get to Weoley Castle you get the 29/49.

If you want to get to Harborne you get the 29/64.

As for Five Ways you can either get the 29, the train, or get the X62 and just walk for ten minutes up Broad Street.

All the major areas along the 29 route are served by other services, really. Though I would say it should go back to double decker operation at peak times.

Also, fleetline6477, the 49 covers Shenley Lane - Northfield as it is.

Phil

Here's an idea, why not extend the 29A to Northfield, rather than turning round on top of the hill. That way you have your 10 minuite frequency between Weoly Castle and Northfield, and you could cut the 49 back to Northfield

Mike360

It would be a good idea to extend the 29A to Northfield by still going through Shenley Fields which would mean Northfield will be served by an increased frequency. The 29 and 29A seems to be useless at the moment with other people saying the same thing as it is often running late meaning a big gap from one bus to another so along wait.

sonic84

How about extending the 29A to Lockwood Road as per previous suggestions, but to minimise the running time, vehicle requirements have it run direct between Barnes Hill and Harborne as per the 22/23

jnl1984

Quote from: sonic84 on September 26, 2012, 08:59:05 PM
How about extending the 29A to Lockwood Road as per previous suggestions, but to minimise the running time, vehicle requirements have it run direct between Barnes Hill and Harborne as per the 22/23

What about Quinton Road - i think this provides a pretty crucial and alternative link to the Q/E... (Ok, its not on the 'door step', but its close enough)
I also think, especially during peak times, it is infact quicker to go via Quinton Road to Harborne..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk