News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

RIP Ron Morgan

Started by Tony, July 29, 2014, 08:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Ron Morgan (Mad Ronnie) passed away last night at 23:00

Rob H

R.I.P Ron

My thoughts are with his family and friends
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

danny

R.I.P Ron. Thoughts with family and friends.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

B.C Driver

A lovely guy, will be missed. Feeling quite sad.  :'(
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

crepello

Yes indeed sad news..........a real character- so thoughts are with his family and close friends.

Solo1

For all of you that knew Ron Morgan his funeral is Friday 15/08/14. 1200 from 88 balsall heath road, Edgbaston to arrive Lodge hill crem at 1300 hrs.

Solo1

Update! For those wishing to travel to Ron Morgan's funeral by bus, this Friday 15th. Buses will be leaving Birmingham city centre, Hill street at 1130 then making their way to meet up with cortege at 88 Balsall heath road Edgbaston, B5 7NG. At 1200 buses will depart to arrive at lodge hill crem for 1300. Wake to be held at West Midlands travel sports and social transport stadium, wheelers lane, kings heath B13 0ST from 1400. In addition a bus with depart Walsall- Hatherton road coach Stop at 1030. Scott arms 1050 to link up with other buses in hill St in city.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

James4368

Me ,Nathan , winston and jack5512 spotted the cortège passing centenary square 1145
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

John

winston

Quote from: John on August 16, 2014, 09:58:58 AM
A Pershore Road bus will be named in honour of Ron
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/watch-special-funeral-cortege-double-7624392

I only really knew of him, but it looks as though he's had the kind of send off he would of wanted.

I expected the cream & blue Metro Mk I to be 6832 SDA832S which he part owned.

Tony

Quote from: John on August 16, 2014, 09:58:58 AM
A Pershore Road bus will be named in honour of Ron
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/watch-special-funeral-cortege-double-7624392

I believe it will be 4613 when it is repaired from fire damage, that is the bus requested by the family.

JB93

Was sad to hear about Ron, I used to see him often and chatted to him on quite a few occasions!

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Winston on August 16, 2014, 11:22:35 AM
I expected the cream & blue Metro Mk I to be 6832 SDA832S which he part owned.

'twas 7007, whch I had a lift back on afterwards. Others were 1956 (which conveyed Ronnie), 2957 1266 & 3009.

Eric Shaw

Boxing Day brings back memories of Ron. Some years ago on Boxing Day Lea Hall decided to put their last few Metrobuses on all their double deck routes. Ron somehow got to hear of this and spent much of the day in the Square Peg in Corporation Street, indulging in his two favourite hobbies, Metrobuses and beer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk