News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Managed to break 9355 today.

Air bags exploded, and consequently leaking air.

Just about got it back to WA. Suspension felt absolutely terrible juddering everywhere.

It'll be parked in the training line of buses nose in.

Might be getting a Metro or a Merc tomorrow as a replacement however :)

lynx1103

Quote from: BU07 LGO on April 29, 2015, 09:18:28 PM
I'm still waiting for a go on one :( all I ever get are euro 5 enviros :(

Work brownhills or wilenhall rotas you'll get them regular then

BU07 LGO

Quote from: lynx1103 on April 30, 2015, 04:51:50 PM
Work brownhills or wilenhall rotas you'll get them regular then

Id love to swap to Brownhills, but been new they've stuck me on streetly :(

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Michael on April 30, 2015, 04:45:24 PM
Managed to break 9355 today.

Air bags exploded, and consequently leaking air.

Just about got it back to WA. Suspension felt absolutely terrible juddering everywhere.

It'll be parked in the training line of buses nose in.

Might be getting a Metro or a Merc tomorrow as a replacement however :)

How you finding it?

MW

Quote from: BU07 LGO on April 30, 2015, 05:27:03 PM
How you finding it?

Enjoyable to say the least. Curbed it about 5 times since day one, but I think I'm doing okay. Done loads of tight turns today driving around Wolverhampton, Stourbridge, Dudley and West Brom.

But yeah I'm finding it good. Panicked a bit when the bus went bang and the air was lost, but hey, lol.

Not sure if you've seen the other garages, but Walsall doesn't seem to be good facility wise. The Birmingham ones have proper restaurants/canteens and snooker tables!

Tony

Quote from: Michael on April 30, 2015, 05:59:22 PM
Enjoyable to say the least. Curbed it about 5 times since day one, but I think I'm doing okay. Done loads of tight turns today driving around Wolverhampton, Stourbridge, Dudley and West Brom.

But yeah I'm finding it good. Panicked a bit when the bus went bang and the air was lost, but hey, lol.

Not sure if you've seen the other garages, but Walsall doesn't seem to be good facility wise. The Birmingham ones have proper restaurants/canteens and snooker tables!

Walsall has a proper canteen. They have pool tables in the town centre facility though, not the garage

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Michael on April 30, 2015, 05:59:22 PM

Yeah tbh I only ever go to the garage if im starting or finishing there or to look at my rota!

I chose Perry Barr or Walsall because I live in pheasey so theres not a lot in it . I just said ill go with whatever is needed and it was Walsall!

The good thing is how all the changeovers are in the bus station.

MW

Quote from: BU07 LGO on April 30, 2015, 06:21:49 PM
Yeah tbh I only ever go to the garage if im starting or finishing there or to look at my rota!

I chose Perry Barr or Walsall because I live in pheasey so theres not a lot in it . I just said ill go with whatever is needed and it was Walsall!

The good thing is how all the changeovers are in the bus station.

Th changeovers seem like a pro at Walsall. At AG you could be changing over at Perry Barr apparently, with the 11, which seems like a bit of a pain. Solihull is bearable I suppose!

I think the new starters are to be put on the 1/71/72 or the 11 rota at AG, unfortunately and apparently. Would like the City routes ideally (5/31/37)

Tony

Quote from: Michael on April 30, 2015, 06:26:50 PM
Th changeovers seem like a pro at Walsall. At AG you could be changing over at Perry Barr apparently, with the 11, which seems like a bit of a pain. Solihull is bearable I suppose!

I think the new starters are to be put on the 1/71/72 or the 11 rota at AG, unfortunately and apparently. Would like the City routes ideally (5/31/37)

All Outer Circle reliefs are done outside the garage, you wouldn't do it at Perry Barr!

Trident 4194

The 16 changes drivers in handsworth wood most of the time

Stu

Quote from: Michael on April 30, 2015, 06:26:50 PM

Quote from: Tony on April 30, 2015, 06:29:26 PM
All Outer Circle reliefs are done outside the garage, you wouldn't do it at Perry Barr!

The 31, and I presume also the 1, change duties outside the garage.
37 duty change is in Acocks Green village.
5 duty change is at Sarehole Mill (last time I observed this anyway - presumably drivers then get the 11 back to garage)
I guess the other services duty changes are in Solihull.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

Interesting 2900's reviews on the past two pages. I didn't realise 2900 hasn't passed his PCV test yet? And was driving B10's for the last few days?

To save the messing around, this thread will now be "Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions"
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

MW

Quote from: Tony on April 30, 2015, 06:29:26 PM

That's what I thought! The instructors at seem to think otherwise! Glad to here that anyway, it's a relief (pardon the pun)

Tony

Quote from: Michael on April 30, 2015, 08:11:29 PM
That's what I thought! The instructors at seem to think otherwise! Glad to here that anyway, it's a relief (pardon the pun)

I think the instructor would be referring to some running boards starting at Perry Barr, not reliefs. The instructors know better than that

MW

Quote from: Tony on April 30, 2015, 08:13:56 PM
I think the instructor would be referring to some running boards starting at Perry Barr, not reliefs. The instructors know better than that

Turns out he was referring to many years ago it did, must be when PB ran the 11C.

Had 1689 today! Much much better than the B10Bs!! Very responsive, spot on brakes and the power was there. Was on the limiter for ages, down A roads to get down to Coventry Garage. Also slows down a lot when releasing the accelerator (is this the retarder?) unlike the B10Bs.

All in all an excellent vehicle in my limited experience. Should be moving to the Ultras next week. I'll have to see what they're like.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk