News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Quarry Bank high street 2 week closure from July 28th

Started by andrew1991, July 12, 2014, 03:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

I assume that means diversions of Forge Lane, Netherend Road, Bower Lane and Park Road which can, hopefully, accommodate deckers - i know there's no low bridge

Or via Dudley Wood Road :-)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

nitromatt1

s94

Interesting. For the sake of coping with traffic, St Annes Road, Quarry Road and Coppice Lane would be the most sensible diversion to me. Lots of parked cars and smaller roads around Park Road etc.

However, in the interest of serving the shops, the Park Road diversion is most likely imo. However towards Cradley, the road will remain open.

karl724223

karl724223

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 12, 2014, 03:39:52 PM
I assume that means diversions of Forge Lane, Netherend Road, Bower Lane and Park Road which can, hopefully, accommodate deckers - i know there's no low bridge

Or via Dudley Wood Road :-)
low trees and a 7.5 tonne weight limit

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

@karl724223 Does bobs coppice walk then bower lane have the weight restriction? (old 210, 211 & 212 now 213, 214 route) or is it all the way up to the church on Netherend from park Lane junction bower lane?

karl724223

Wouldn't be safe to send deckers round the old 210 route
Bower lane weight limit
Roads narrow round that area

s94

Usually when the high st is closed for some reason such as an accident, buses use Coppice Lane and Quarry Road but I didn't know if circumstances will be different on this case due to the prolonged nature of the closure.

richie

There is no weight limit along Dudley Wood that would affect a PSV plus the 141 used to use it. Quarry road would be the best diversion though it's a lot of traffic to use bower lane

s94

Sh4318

Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

the trainbasher

Quote from: s94 on July 15, 2014, 11:15:35 PM
Anyone know the diversion route yet?

Light Vehicles via maypole fields
Heavy vehicles via Dudley Wood Road according to my sources

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 16, 2014, 12:58:32 AM
Will the 213, 214 be affected?

Not as far as I'm aware.

s94

Thanks trainbasher. So it seems to expect the 4M, 53, 141, 241 go via Dudley Wood and Coppice Lane. Wonder if the 002 will do the same. Would expect the 208 and 004 to go via park road etc. 282 will have to either do a loop around woodland avenue or just carry straight along Coppice Lane to Merry Hill.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk