News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Running Boards

Started by domino.99, July 05, 2014, 06:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domino.99

Has anyone got an image of a NXWM running board or can guide me in the right direction. Preferably WN OR PE but that doesn't really matter.

Niall

This person on flickr has some Coventry ones on their photostream: https://www.flickr.com/photos/50112126@N03/
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

nitromatt1

domino.99

Quote from: Matt on July 05, 2014, 08:38:15 PM

Just asking how did you get that and do you have any others if so can you send them me via pm please  :)

Stuharris 6360

Still prefer how they did them in the old days, in tabular form!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

domino.99

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 05, 2014, 09:00:47 PM
What did they look like?

4130Quinton

The bus certainly never gets rest with a rota like that anyway!! Driver changes are presumably at Merry Hill on the X96?

domino.99

Quote from: 4130Quinton on July 05, 2014, 09:03:56 PM
The bus certainly never gets rest with a rota like that anyway!! Driver changes are presumably at Merry Hill on the X96?
Yeah they do.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: NXDom on July 05, 2014, 09:03:13 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 05, 2014, 09:00:47 PM
What did they look like?

Basically in the form of a table, with the stopping points written across the top and then times were written underneath, they weren't so big as these running cards and were ideal when a bus ran all day on a particular route.

However when buses kept swapping routes all day, quite regular in the 70s & 80s, then the boards would become rather cumbersome.

Remember a driver showing me a Saturday Stourbridge board once (probably around 1977/8) and the bus was all over the place, apart from not operating the 130 & 256, think it operated nearly every other Stourbridge route and was 4 pages long.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

domino.99

Stuharris 6360

Problem is these days, the driver has to input more info into his ticket machine, therefore more info has to be shown on the running card.

In the days when Autofare started, the driver didn't record anywhere what travelcards and passes he was shown, and if you paid a fare, you got a ticket the size of a postage stamp with a code printed on it to represent what fare you had paid. A chart was displayed on the bus to show what the codes meant. As a code didn't exist for every fare, it was possible to have to have more than one ticket (eg: 1/2 fare Stourbridge to Birmingham was 8p, but an 8p code didn't exist, so either the driver gave you one for 7p, which was wrong, or gave you a 5p and 3p ticket)

But theres me going off topic.

Westy

When did the longer white tickets start being issued? (When the issuing machines were computerised!)

I'm guessing mid to late 80's, before deregulation.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Westy on July 05, 2014, 10:15:01 PM
When did the longer white tickets start being issued? (When the issuing machines were computerised!)

I'm guessing mid to late 80's, before deregulation.

Thats an interesting question, i know that the postage stamp tickets didn't last long and new ticket macines were installed, but i don't think at the time that they were computerised as such. In my 1984 WMPTE timetable book, it shows paper tickets being issued.

the trainbasher

Heres one from 2008 from WN which i put in my Dropbox

https://db.tt/OPpnuVpM

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 05, 2014, 10:24:13 PM
Heres one from 2008 from WN which i put in my Dropbox

https://db.tt/OPpnuVpM

yes that's the type i meant, showing the single journey that WN used to do on the 246 (and for which i once had to direct the driver between Brettel lane and Dudley because he didn't know the route)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk