News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coming to the 141....

Started by fleetline6477, July 04, 2014, 06:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetline6477

This morning I was speaking to the regular driver who operates the a.m. peak running board on the 140 / 241. He said that with the changes to the 140 / 241 / 141 timetables at the end of July WB will be operating a peak board on the 141 instead of 140 / 241

So coming to the 141 WB buses and potentially a regular sighting of a B7 Gemini, not sure what timings it will operate.

Stuharris 6360

@fleetline6477 Do we know if it is going to be that driver that operates it, hope so he's a lovely guy?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

fleetline6477

YES, I think so because he made reference to doing route training for it.

CL

Would be nice to see a B7 President. It's not a violation, is it? The 83/89 go into the city all the time... Correct me if i'm wrong, but is Colmore Row part of the LEZ? Or really just around Moor Street...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

karl724223

The copies of all the 141 boards I have there is a 141 board that's outside the merry hill rota that board does three 140s and one 241 only   Told it's going to be a special duty

the trainbasher

@clayderman the only part of the city centre that isn't part of the emissions zone is the 22 green bus terminus

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stu

Quote from: clayderman on July 04, 2014, 09:28:28 PM
Would be nice to see a B7 President. It's not a violation, is it? The 83/89 go into the city all the time... Correct me if i'm wrong, but is Colmore Row part of the LEZ? Or really just around Moor Street...

Colmore Row isn't in London, so isn't part of the LEZ.  :P
https://www.tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low-emission-zone

141 has a core frequency of 2 buses per hour (every 30 mins), so isn't affected by the QPS in Birmingham. So yes, Presidents, Mercs or B6LEs could all be used.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4609

On the current WB 140/241 at the top of the running card it says that only double deckers 4225-4717 can be used on the board (So no Presidents). Maybe as it goes onto the Soho Rd corridor. So i wonder if this will still be the case

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk