News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

septmember re WCC subside cuts

Started by Cedric, July 01, 2014, 10:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: tank90 on August 25, 2014, 04:41:05 PM
Quote from: Winston on August 25, 2014, 04:15:59 PM
Quote from: 111 Roughley on August 25, 2014, 01:25:51 PM
Quote from: Matt.N0056 on August 25, 2014, 12:33:43 PM
Has it been mentioned that the Diamond 62 seems to be 2 mins before The Green bus'?
I hadn't noticed, but yes you're right. It's just about every journey Green Bus plan to run. I'm not an expert on the Traffic Commissioner's remit, but to allow Diamond to do this on shorter notice than usual when they were presumably able to see Green Bus's timetable submitted on the normal timescale would be unfair. Whether that's the legal position I don't know. What the attraction of this route is I also don't know. Green Bus's famous deckers might actually be welcome on certain other Redditch routes, though may be empty on this one.

It isn't the route that's the attraction, it's keeping TGB out of Redditch

Yes and no if TGB had more competative fares yes but as they don't no its about passenager numbers across the whole network on Eastside.

Tank, you're not looking at the bigger picture, TGB's win of the 62 is fairly insignificant, it's the fact that once TGB are operating within Redditch and if the Diamond changes are as unpopular as comments on here suggest, there is nothing stopping TGB then setting up in competition with Diamond on the 57/58 & other routes & reducing it's fares on the 62. Diamond could find themselves on the receiving end of competition like when Red Diamond setup against First.

tank90

Quote from: Winston on August 25, 2014, 04:49:29 PM
Has it been mentioned that the Diamond 62 seems to be 2 mins before The Green bus'?
I hadn't noticed, but yes you're right. It's just about every journey Green Bus plan to run. I'm not an expert on the Traffic Commissioner's remit, but to allow Diamond to do this on shorter notice than usual when they were presumably able to see Green Bus's timetable submitted on the normal timescale would be unfair. Whether that's the legal position I don't know. What the attraction of this route is I also don't know. Green Bus's famous deckers might actually be welcome on certain other Redditch routes, though may be empty on this one.

Yes and no if TGB had more competative fares yes but as they don't no its about passenager numbers across the whole network on Eastside.

Tank, you're not looking at the bigger picture, TGB's win of the 62 is fairly insignificant, it's the fact that once TGB are operating within Redditch and if the Diamond changes are as unpopular as comments on here suggest, there is nothing stopping TGB then setting up in competition with Diamond on the 57/58 & other routes & reducing it's fares on the 62. Diamond could find themselves on the receiving end of competition like when Red Diamond setup against First.

Yes I see where you are coming from Winston but Red Diamond came in with the lower fares from the start unlike TGB thats my point.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

Quote from: tank90 on August 25, 2014, 05:35:33 PM
Quote from: Winston on August 25, 2014, 04:49:29 PM

Yes I see where you are coming from Winston but Red Diamond came in with the lower fares from the start unlike TGB thats my point.

At present it isn't a 'like for like' example, as the 62 is tender win. Where Red Diamond launched commercial services in competition with existing First services immediately with lower fares, the point I'm trying to make, is that could well be the next step for TGB if they are have a presence in Redditch. TGB are withdrawing their 22 commercial service during late Sept & will only have the 50 after that in B'ham

Kevin

Just been on the 145 from Longbridge to Blackwell, and spoke to the driver for a bit.
Annoyingly for me, although the service is being greatly improved, I'm personally screwed cause the last bus is now 10 mins earlier, so going straight from work on the train I'm gonna miss it so I'll have to start walking from Barnt Green a lot more.
The driver seemed a bit confused why suddenly there's gonna be a bus every hour and Diamonds 145a on top of it, considering the loads he's used to during the day. Granted he didn't even want to take any money for it "haven't taken any cash all day".
Hope it works out, brings back memories of WMT running every hour all the way from brum :D

Caught the 141 as well on me travels last week, seemed no different to the 145 in terms of numbers.
Curious.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

PM

Quote from: Kevin on August 26, 2014, 07:14:37 PM
Just been on the 145 from Longbridge to Blackwell, and spoke to the driver for a bit.
Annoyingly for me, although the service is being greatly improved, I'm personally screwed cause the last bus is now 10 mins earlier, so going straight from work on the train I'm gonna miss it so I'll have to start walking from Barnt Green a lot more.
The driver seemed a bit confused why suddenly there's gonna be a bus every hour and Diamonds 145a on top of it, considering the loads he's used to during the day. Granted he didn't even want to take any money for it "haven't taken any cash all day".
Hope it works out, brings back memories of WMT running every hour all the way from brum :D

Caught the 141 as well on me travels last week, seemed no different to the 145 in terms of numbers.
Curious.

I agree it seems an odd route to get territorial on. I don't see why Diamond, if they'd really wanted the route that much, simply don't register the 145 as WMSNT are running it? Unless it's a plan to provide a skeletal service so WCC withdraw any funding that "igo" aka WMSNT may be getting?

Cedric

updated information on this link for all operators
link dated 27/8/14

there is a update on the diamond website  for there services as well

one query from looking at both  one says that the no10 leaves offmore farm at 10.09 am(as now) the other says it leaves at 10.14 am
this is the only change I can see . seams   strange  to alter just one  journey  to me. unless there is a error in putting the table on the sites
diamond 8\10/125/292

111 Roughley

I was moaning about the last 247 to Evesham leaving Redditch for Evesham at 1515/1523 on the new timetable on Diamond's site. The timetable has now changed in various ways. The 1515/1523 now departs at 1510, but the 1735 departure which was going to end at Alcester is now extended to Evesham, so also Evesham gets a later return journey. I still feel that with the first journey from Alcester to Redditch being at 0855 reaching Redditch at 0925 that Diamond are handing the baton to Stagecoach. Stagecoach's 26 with its peak time service, regular times, and the fact it serves more of Alcester than the 247 means that the 26 will be the main service Redditch to Alcester. Diamond may have seen off First, but there are bigger adversaries than WMSNT and Green Bus.
The Sunday service on the 55H/56H is now on Diamond's site. Let's hope it's not too chaotic with all the changes.

tank90

Quote from: 111 Roughley on August 30, 2014, 10:28:10 AM
I was moaning about the last 247 to Evesham leaving Redditch for Evesham at 1515/1523 on the new timetable on Diamond's site. The timetable has now changed in various ways. The 1515/1523 now departs at 1510, but the 1735 departure which was going to end at Alcester is now extended to Evesham, so also Evesham gets a later return journey. I still feel that with the first journey from Alcester to Redditch being at 0855 reaching Redditch at 0925 that Diamond are handing the baton to Stagecoach. Stagecoach's 26 with its peak time service, regular times, and the fact it serves more of Alcester than the 247 means that the 26 will be the main service Redditch to Alcester. Diamond may have seen off First, but there are bigger adversaries than WMSNT and Green Bus.
The Sunday service on the 55H/56H is now on Diamond's site. Let's hope it's not too chaotic with all the changes.

Oh but it is as Diamond are hell bent on changing the timetable Monday and nobody knows so its going to be chaos. the Traffic Commionsioner has not yet ageed the changes and its going to bite diamond back.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

the trainbasher

Quote from: tank90 on August 30, 2014, 12:40:41 PM

Oh but it is as Diamond are hell bent on changing the timetable Monday and nobody knows so its going to be chaos. the Traffic Commionsioner has not yet ageed the changes and its going to bite diamond back.

I'm heading over Worcs on Monday (mainly to see the new Igo buses and also the TGB route) so I'll be able to see the chaos...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

tank90

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 30, 2014, 12:54:33 PM
Quote from: tank90 on August 30, 2014, 12:40:41 PM

I'm heading over Worcs on Monday (mainly to see the new Igo buses and also the TGB route) so I'll be able to see the chaos...

Igo ?

Dan

Trident 4609

Igo is the new name for WMSNT's bus business

winston

Quote from: Nathan on August 30, 2014, 04:13:56 PM

It's about time that the WMSNT name was dropped, especially as they seem as though they are here to stay operating bus services and expanding rapidly.

tank90

Quote from: Winston on August 30, 2014, 04:26:41 PM

It's about time that the WMSNT name was dropped, especially as they seem as though they are here to stay operating bus services and expanding rapidly.

Oh right I would have gone with West Midlands Travel, but Igo is different as long as its not iGo as Apple will be knocking.

Dan

111 Roughley

Quote from: tank90 on August 30, 2014, 05:36:45 PM

Oh right I would have gone with West Midlands Travel, but Igo is different as long as its not iGo as Apple will be knocking.
I think we're meant to say it as in 'I go to Droitwich'. Apparently it's owned by a charity, and it appears to undercut everybody else on tenders. I wonder how it does this? I still think it's a mystery why the combined new 145 is hourly and a big improvement on the previous services. The Council was looking to save money: why pay for an improvement? It couldn't be a commercial service, could it? This would explain Diamond's tactics, though I can't believe anyone would offer to run this route commercially. 

tank90

Quote from: 111 Roughley on August 30, 2014, 06:51:51 PM
Quote from: tank90 on August 30, 2014, 05:36:45 PM

I think we're meant to say it as in 'I go to Droitwich'. Apparently it's owned by a charity, and it appears to undercut everybody else on tenders. I wonder how it does this? I still think it's a mystery why the combined new 145 is hourly and a big improvement on the previous services. The Council was looking to save money: why pay for an improvement? It couldn't be a commercial service, could it? This would explain Diamond's tactics, though I can't believe anyone would offer to run this route commercially.

Ok typical charity then but still Igo its worse than uno....

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk