News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Open day Wolverhampton garage

Started by karl724223, July 01, 2014, 01:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Matt on July 18, 2014, 06:35:04 PM
Quote from: Tony on July 18, 2014, 06:31:31 PM
Quote from: Matt on July 18, 2014, 06:27:57 PM
Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on July 18, 2014, 06:26:53 PM
Quote from: Matt on July 18, 2014, 06:24:12 PM
Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on July 18, 2014, 06:18:41 PM
is this still happening at WN

No, it's happening at BY.

Bordseley Garage?

Yes. They decided at the last minute that Bordesley would be a more interesting venue.

Stop being an idiot. His question was quite sensible, yes I know it can be read another way, but the second comment was completely uncalled for.

Yes James, it is at WN

Lighten up Tony. There's also going to be an Italian bloke called Citsacras Gneib who can unicycle backwards performing at the event.

Our friend @Mike K in a unitard more then likely then.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

Quote from: fleetline6477 on July 20, 2014, 10:43:42 PM
Quote from: Westy on July 20, 2014, 05:09:27 PM
Someone managed to find the Thomas More & Dicky Dodd displays on the hybrid!

On the B6, destinations found were Pattingham & strangely Essington via Wednesfield.

Now I know Twm used to run to Pattingham (Old 516 & 517) but when was Essington served by Twm last?

Great day by the way.

If my memory serves me right the route was 316 which ran Essington - Walsall via New Invention or Bloxwich and was an early morning single Mondays to Fridays journey that finished about 10 years ago. I thought it ran from Essington rather than to Essington. Other people may have a more accurate memory for you.

Yes that is now Coastal Liners 16. But the 316 operated from Walsall so why is it on WN blinds?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Nathan on July 20, 2014, 10:54:02 PM

On the B6, destinations found were Pattingham & strangely Essington via Wednesfield.

Now I know Twm used to run to Pattingham (Old 516 & 517) but when was Essington served by Twm last?

Great day by the way.

If my memory serves me right the route was 316 which ran Essington - Walsall via New Invention or Bloxwich and was an early morning single Mondays to Fridays journey that finished about 10 years ago. I thought it ran from Essington rather than to Essington. Other people may have a more accurate memory for you.

Yes that is now Coastal Liners 16. But the 316 operated from Walsall so why is it on WN blinds?

It also had Bobbington (old 584), Timbertree (old 243) and Ashwood Park (old 264/265) too on the B6 Rollers

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Mike K

Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 20, 2014, 10:45:33 PM

Bordseley Garage?

Yes. They decided at the last minute that Bordesley would be a more interesting venue.

Stop being an idiot. His question was quite sensible, yes I know it can be read another way, but the second comment was completely uncalled for.

Yes James, it is at WN

Lighten up Tony. There's also going to be an Italian bloke called Citsacras Gneib who can unicycle backwards performing at the event.

Cheeky ****er  ;). Why's the @ thing not working?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Mike K on July 20, 2014, 11:26:46 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 20, 2014, 10:45:33 PM

Bordseley Garage?

Yes James, it is at WN

Cheeky ****er  ;). Why's the @ thing not working?

Because of the database rollback

Westy

Quote from: Nathan on July 20, 2014, 10:54:02 PM

Great day by the way.

I remember that 316.

It went down from New Invention onto Sneyd Lane & followed the 301 route to Walsall(No surprise there!)

Wouldn't have Wolves won a contract at some point from Staffs to operate to Essington?

I'm no expert on that part of the world, but from looking at the A to Z from memory, can't you get from Griffiths Drive (The Ashmore Park loop) onto Essington somehow?

Surely it would have been cheaper to run a regular service to & from Essington as extensions to the 59 service instead of faffing about with what became the 68 Arriva service, especially as said company have had comments regarding the reliability of that service I've noticed over the years from various sources?

Isle of Stroma

A very long shot, but seeing as loads of you on here were there - nothing ventured etc...

Sometime around 12:15, My daughter lost her Cadburys Caramel bunny soft toy from her bag - either at the depot itself, or as we made our way to the bus stop for T580JTD back into town (I checked with T580's driver later on but it hadn't been handed in there). Said toy is about 8" high, brown/white & has a small green ink stain on the front.

I spoke with staff @ PL later on but no joy. The toy itself is worthless but is a big favourite (hence being taken out for the day) & has sentimental value to my daughter.

If anyone here picked it up or knows of its whereabouts, my daughter & I would be very pleased to hear from you (via pm if you wish, no questions asked etc), there'll even be some small form of reward for the safe return. ;-)

Cheers.

Isle of Stroma

Toy-related woes aside, I didn't stay long - just enough for a quick once-around, but it was good to revisit a depot that I had last visited (well, ok, bunked if you must know!) in the early days of WMT. Good to see Steve (Levante) & have a quick catchup, along with seeing a few other familiar faces. Also paid my respects to the premises opposite the depot, many of whose products I enjoyed riding on way too long ago - incidentally the blue badge is still thee on the wall. - I wonder how many who attended today were aware of what used to be just over the road?

Ex pensnett driver

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on July 21, 2014, 12:49:45 AM
A very long shot, but seeing as loads of you on here were there - nothing ventured etc...

Sometime around 12:15, My daughter lost her Cadburys Caramel bunny soft toy from her bag - either at the depot itself, or as we made our way to the bus stop for T580JTD back into town (I checked with T580's driver later on but it hadn't been handed in there). Said toy is about 8" high, brown/white & has a small green ink stain on the front.

I spoke with staff @ PL later on but no joy. The toy itself is worthless but is a big favourite (hence being taken out for the day) & has sentimental value to my daughter.

If anyone here picked it up or knows of its whereabouts, my daughter & I would be very pleased to hear from you (via pm if you wish, no questions asked etc), there'll even be some small form of reward for the safe return. ;-)

Cheers.

It was on the floor by the coach I put it in coach windscreen as I thought it belonged to the driver as a mascot

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: pensnettdriver on July 21, 2014, 01:12:13 AM
It was on the floor by the coach I put it in coach windscreen as I thought it belonged to the driver as a mascot

Thanks for that. Steve's an old mate, I've sent him a message so fingers crossed he still has it. Cheers!

D10

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on July 21, 2014, 01:01:49 AM
Toy-related woes aside, I didn't stay long - just enough for a quick once-around, but it was good to revisit a depot that I had last visited (well, ok, bunked if you must know!) in the early days of WMT. Good to see Steve (Levante) & have a quick catchup, along with seeing a few other familiar faces. Also paid my respects to the premises opposite the depot, many of whose products I enjoyed riding on way too long ago - incidentally the blue badge is still thee on the wall. - I wonder how many who attended today were aware of what used to be just over the road?

You were a lucky GUY to be able to be able to have ridden on them in service. It must have been interesting to see Guy products operating out of the Corporation and then PTE garage on the other side of Park Lane!

Isle of Stroma

'Caramel' has been traced & is awaiting collection tomorrow, thanks very much once again for the lead!

James4368

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on July 21, 2014, 02:08:37 AM

Thanks for that. Steve's an old mate, I've sent him a message so fingers crossed he still has it. Cheers!

I know steve been on some journeys with him and saw him yesterday with MD8 at WN
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Ex pensnett driver

Glad you got it sorted and glad I could be of some help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk