News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Open day Wolverhampton garage

Started by karl724223, July 01, 2014, 01:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James4368

do we get to look inside what NXWM buses are parked on sunday?
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Solo1

Quote from: Nathan on July 03, 2014, 03:33:01 PM
Alot of the garage i'd imagine will be out of bounds with the garage being full of buses on a Sunday. The buses usually parked by the gates on a Sunday will be pushed further back down the yard
I would of thought all the buses would of been parked down the botom yard

James4368

I might wear my NX hi viz on the day :)
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Trident 4609

Quote from: Solo1 on July 03, 2014, 05:38:53 PM
Quote from: Nathan on July 03, 2014, 03:33:01 PM
Alot of the garage i'd imagine will be out of bounds with the garage being full of buses on a Sunday. The buses usually parked by the gates on a Sunday will be pushed further back down the yard
I would of thought all the buses would of been parked down the botom yard

There are usually some B7's parked in the front yard (You can see from the main road)

Ashley

Just to clarify, every bus not being used by WN on the day will be on display in one way or another so all will be avilable to photograph. Naturally some areas of the garage won't be on show but any visitors will find out the definate litenary on the day

Tony

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on July 03, 2014, 07:21:39 PM

Not a good idea, and you may be asked to remove it. Remember the general public won't be wearing hi-vis, but staff helping the public will. Any member of the public requiring assistance is likely to turn to someone wearing an NX hi-vis and you would not be able to help.

Stu

Quote from: Tony on July 03, 2014, 08:54:50 PM
Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on July 03, 2014, 07:21:39 PM

Not a good idea, and you may be asked to remove it. Remember the general public won't be wearing hi-vis, but staff helping the public will. Any member of the public requiring assistance is likely to turn to someone wearing an NX hi-vis and you would not be able to help.

I agree, if you're lucky enough to have one, stick to wearing it in private. I hope you weren't wearing it on your recent 'visit'!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Solo1

how many will be in the depot to photo & any one know how many of each type wil be there

CL

Any alternative routes? This'll be my route to the garage...

74: Hockley to West Brom (12:55 to 13:22)
79: West Brom to Wolverhampton Bus Station (13:32 to 14:18)
2: Wolverhampton to Bus Garage (14:20 to 14:29)

I should get there earlier, however, I'm not intending on leaving my house around 11-ish. I should leave my house around 12:20 in mind of a 1hr 30min journey (roughly). Seeing as the 74 has a higher frequency than the 75, I've chosen to specify that bus to West Brom. I'm sure either will do...

Do Spectra's operate the 79 on Sundays often? Just curious, only ever been on them once, while they were still at BC...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

P419 EJW

Could get a bus to Birmingham and get a tram from Snow Hill to Wolverhampton. Trams runs every 15 minutes on Sundays. :) Then a quick journey on WN 2 to the garage.

Sh4318

The quickest way to get to Wolverhampton from Birmingham would be by train (New Street station).
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

CL

No worries. I'd just get the bus - not a fan of paying extra for the train/tram when I have a Term Plus bus pass.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4609

Quote from: clayderman on July 03, 2014, 09:46:39 PM
Any alternative routes? This'll be my route to the garage...

74: Hockley to West Brom (12:55 to 13:22)
79: West Brom to Wolverhampton Bus Station (13:32 to 14:18)
2: Wolverhampton to Bus Garage (14:20 to 14:29)

I should get there earlier, however, I'm not intending on leaving my house around 11-ish. I should leave my house around 12:20 in mind of a 1hr 30min journey (roughly). Seeing as the 74 has a higher frequency than the 75, I've chosen to specify that bus to West Brom. I'm sure either will do...

Do Spectra's operate the 79 on Sundays often? Just curious, only ever been on them once, while they were still at BC...

If you miss the 2 (Every 30 mins) you also have the 11 (Every 20 mins on Sundays) which stops at the end of Park Lane on Cannock Rd (Departs from Stand J) :)

Spectra's don't operate on any route on Sundays (Neither do Mercs). 79 is fully Trident Saturdays and Sundays @clayderman :)

Stuharris 6360

@clayderman Your not allowiung yourself much time getting there at 14:30 when the event finishes at 16:00, was just thinking you might want to go earlier as there is bound to be a lot to look at.

Only wish i could make it myself, but at Stobart Truck Fest.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

domino.99

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk