News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

GRS Travel

Started by Tomjusttom, April 27, 2012, 11:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Wonder if GRS  will b called to  another PI due to failing to run to a registered
timetable

PM

Quote from: fleetline6477 on May 26, 2014, 08:26:14 PM
Their days on the 246 and other Dudley routes are numbered then if they can't use stops in bus stations. At Stourbridge they can unload opposite the entrance to the bus station but in Dudley they are snookered because they can unload by the shops opposite the car park but need to enter the bus station to turn around due to road closures.

The older white guy who used to drive for Joe's Travel is excellent and I would feel certain he follows the rules. I think the biggest problem could be with the antics of the owner, hence why I understand he needed to find somebody else to act as Transport Manager following a recent Traffic Commissioner ruler. Lead by example and others follow!

If that's the same Joe's driver I'm thinking so then I agree he is absolutely fantastic. He doesn't drive fast but when I went on their 11 he thanked and greeted every passenger and always waited for them to sit down...

the trainbasher

@karl724223 @DiamondDart @fleetline6477 looking it from an objective point of view, yes sometimes the GRS bus hasn't ran to its timetable, but on the other hand, at least it's more reliable than ampm. At one stage AMPM spent more time on the patch than in service.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

karl724223

When ampm could be bothered to turn up

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 26, 2014, 08:40:36 PM
@karl724223 @DiamondDart @fleetline6477 looking it from an objective point of view, yes sometimes the GRS bus hasn't ran to its timetable, but on the other hand, at least it's more reliable than ampm. At one stage AMPM spent more time on the patch than in service.

Indeed- don't think @karl724223 that I'm some great ambassador for GRS. After all, I was annoyed when elderly darts rocked up on the 16 competing against diamond's evolutions and versas!

I say give them time-if after 6 months the issues you mention haven't been resolved, I'll side with you 100%

karl724223

Sorry but operators like that should not be on the road in this day and age what they are getting up to

Tony

Quote from: karl724223 on May 26, 2014, 09:05:32 PM
Sorry but operators like that should not be on the road in this day and age what they are getting up to

It is not like he is a brand new operator. He has just been to a PI and told by the TC how to run a service. Breakdowns and bad traffic aside, if you can not make a profit by running to your timetable which is registered a few minutes in front of an existing operator you need to go and look somewhere else

driver

They also only had 3 busses out today instead of the usual 4 so some journeys must have been missed!

the trainbasher

Quote from: driver on May 27, 2014, 12:36:10 AM
They also only had 3 busses out today instead of the usual 4 so some journeys must have been missed!

Either that or they tightened the times up a bit today?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

karl724223

Saw the same two buses this morning still with the same light defects as last week

the trainbasher

A passenger in a taxi tapped the driver on the shoulder to ask him something. The driver screamed, lost control of the cab, nearly hit a bus, drove up over the curb, and stopped just inches from a large plate glass window.

For a few moments everything was silent in the cab, then the driver said, "Please, don't ever do that again. You scared the daylights out of me." The passenger, who was also frightened, apologized and said he didn't realize that a tap on the shoulder could frighten him so much, to which the driver replied: "I'm sorry, it's really not your fault at all. Today is my first day driving a cab. I have been driving a hearse for the last 25 years!"

driver

Dont no whats happened but only 2 busses out all day today! so not running to there 20 min frequency!

Stuharris 6360

@driver Perhaps they were repairing the lights on the other two.  :)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

driver

doubt it the marshall dart still has a none working break light and that was out

the trainbasher

@driver P202 and T202 were out, R182 was in the workshop and R923 was in the yard

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk