News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

GRS Travel

Started by Tomjusttom, April 27, 2012, 11:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Tony on September 08, 2014, 11:30:30 AM
Quote from: Winston on September 08, 2014, 11:14:33 AM
Quote from: 4Q on September 08, 2014, 11:08:41 AM
PD1084253/6 - GURDAVER RAM T/A G R S TRAVEL, 38 BLACK LAKE, HILL TOP, WEST BROMWICH, B70 0PP
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: OXHILL ROAD, HANDSWORTH
Finish Point: ACOCKS GREEN
Via:
Service Number: 11A
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 28-OCT-2014
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY ONLY

Yet another one to try their hand on the Outer Circle.

What happened to them putting in an appearance on the 222?

I believe they have deregistered the 246 as well from the same date, looks like the Black Country has too many bus stations!

PD1084253/5 - GURDAVER RAM T/A G R S TRAVEL, 38 BLACK LAKE, HILL TOP, WEST BROMWICH, B70 0PP
    Cancellation Accepted: Operating between DUDLEY BUS STATION and STOURBRIDGE BUS STATION given service number 246 effective from 28-Oct-2014.

domino.99

Saw a bus come out of the GRS garage by Bilston Bus Station at around 3:30 showing 246E Brierley Hill, Short Journey (Trainbashers handywork:) )

the trainbasher

Was it a pointer or the crusader dart? If so yeah I can take the credit for that...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on September 08, 2014, 11:30:30 AM
Quote from: Winston on September 08, 2014, 11:14:33 AM
Quote from: 4Q on September 08, 2014, 11:08:41 AM
PD1084253/6 - GURDAVER RAM T/A G R S TRAVEL, 38 BLACK LAKE, HILL TOP, WEST BROMWICH, B70 0PP
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: OXHILL ROAD, HANDSWORTH
Finish Point: ACOCKS GREEN
Via:
Service Number: 11A
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 28-OCT-2014
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY ONLY

Yet another one to try their hand on the Outer Circle.

What happened to them putting in an appearance on the 222?

I believe they have deregistered the 246 as well from the same date, looks like the Black Country has too many bus stations!

No bus sttations on the 11A!  :) :)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

What would the frequency be?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 08, 2014, 06:31:18 PM
What would the frequency be?

Frequency, probably wait till the GRS driver sees a NX 11A in his mirror and then leave, did they ever publish a timetable for the 246?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

They used to be hilarious on the 16. There was an oldish guy who drove so slow but made sure he kept ahead of nx. However diamond were a bit to quick for GRS lol

domino.99

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 08, 2014, 05:12:15 PM
Was it a pointer or the crusader dart? If so yeah I can take the credit for that...
Similar to R404FFC

the trainbasher

If it was R404 then yes it's my work!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stu

Outer Circle passengers are going to be spoilt for choice, clapped out old NXWM buses, or clapped out old GRS buses!  8)

Would it have not made more sense to register these as 11E journeys, to operate both ways between Acocks Green and Handsworth?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

fleetline6477

Quote from: Stu on September 08, 2014, 08:56:04 PM
Outer Circle passengers are going to be spoilt for choice, clapped out old NXWM buses, or clapped out old GRS buses!  8)

Would it have not made more sense to register these as 11E journeys, to operate both ways between Acocks Green and Handsworth?

I would have thought they must have registered both ways otherwise buses will be at the AG end of the route.

I guess if you've been banned from Birmingham City Centre and from both Dudley and Stourbridge Bus Stations you have somewhat limited options. If Joe's loadings on  the 11 is anything to go by then GRS will carry very few passengers, especially off peak times. At least the GRS fleet is low floor.

Stuharris 6360

Thats a point Stu, how will buses get back to Handsworth to start on another journey? Perhaps they think if you register on the 11A, then you can run on the 11C to.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: fleetline6477 on September 08, 2014, 09:11:51 PM

I would have thought they must have registered both ways otherwise buses will be at the AG end of the route.

I guess if you've been banned from Birmingham City Centre and from both Dudley and Stourbridge Bus Stations you have somewhat limited options. If Joe's loadings on  the 11 is anything to go by then GRS will carry very few passengers, especially off peak times. At least the GRS fleet is low floor.

Were they actually banned or would they not pay the money to use them, hence why they couldn't operate the 222.

the trainbasher

Unless it's going to be a full 11A but with the route being split into 2 parts?

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 08, 2014, 09:16:07 PM
Unless it's going to be a full 11A but with the route being split into 2 parts?

There is nothing to stop them showing 11 A in both directions on half the route. Competitors don't have to use the same numbers as NX

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk