News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulb1973

Quote from: stim9847 on November 18, 2016, 11:36:24 AM
Hi,

With all the winds and gales we're experiencing, it reminds me of a news clip I saw when I was a child of a MK1 WMPTE Metrobus that had a tree fall on it somewhere. I think the driver may have died sadly. I've tried to find the article but to no avail....anyone any wiser?

I think it may have happened sometime around a hurricane occurring, but which one I'm not sure. 1980's?

Marc

That was the incident that led to the withdrawal of Mk1 Metrobus 2004 (BOK 4V) occurring around February 1990. I think there was a picture somewhere on the old Fotopic site - but that has long since disappeared. 2004 itself was sold to PVS for scrap c.1992.

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

andyr

The incident involving 2004 was in Pelsall. I belive the bus was operating the 346 service from Bloxwich to Walsall.

Mike K

Quote from: lauren1993 on November 17, 2016, 03:13:54 AM
4799 was involved in a collision with a pedestrian this evening in the city centre whilst on the 94. There was police everywhere and paramedics on the scene. The inspector then moved 4799 to a bus stop and parked it up with hazards on so the traffic could start moving again. There was severe congestion with buses at a stand still for at least half an hour.

Having walked through the Old Square area tonight and seen two separate incidents of what looked like homeless people collapsed in the street (I can only assume through the effects of alcohol or something stronger - people were assisting and the emergency services had been called), I'm not convinced that this was a bus related incident. There is a real homeless problem at that end of town these days

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

The Real 4778

Quote from: BusFan94 on November 10, 2016, 05:26:09 PM
I was on the 333X going to Darlaston and this women with a young kid who is at primary school and another women who might have been her sister got on the bus at the Homestead the first thing they did was say your F*****g late do you have some B*******t reason for why late like the bus broke down you decraseful idiot she then carried on swearing in front of her son some more young kids and babies. Meanwhile this primary school kid kept saying suck D***K to a year 8 kid. She the called this kid a F*****g tramp a bully and a Paedophile. She then got back up and started being racist to the driver. She got off in Bentley. The driver then asked to show him the ticket. To which she replied with more racist comments. The same year 8 kid got off to let passengers off and the young kid kicked and punched him and called him a P***Y. I think  this shows bad parenting and why kids are rude these days.

Awesome.  That's all.
Don't you start.

John

John

4924? involved in a crash on Kings Road, while on the 5. To City 33/66 using Rough Road and Hartley Road (if that's. The right name) to Finchley Road

Tony

WB 47 service has ben on diversion in the Church Road area due to a Diamond bus on fire this afternoon

Will

Quote from: Tony on November 24, 2016, 03:21:18 PM
WB 47 service has ben on diversion in the Church Road area due to a Diamond bus on fire this afternoon

Another Diamond fire christ that's the second one in 24 hours!!   ???  ::)
Stourbridge   125

JoNi

Eric Shaw

Reports on RadioWM of a bus fire in Station Road Solihull. No details given.

Tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk