News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

Quote from: frostjay974 on August 11, 2024, 10:34:32 PMThere may be elderly people with certain disabilities people carrying heavy bags parents with pushchairs, small children etc.  who may have issues moving around especially whilst the bus is still moving. As for the others who don't fit that criteria and like to get out of their seats once the bus has stopped I do agree that it is their fault if they have to push past the passengers boarding to get off
Take it you've never read the conditions of carriage 

ellspurs

It seems to be a thing when I've been on the bus where people will press the bell, then wait for the bus to stop before getting up to get off. Then they get angry when they do this from upstairs and the driver hasn't noticed them because someone else go off the bus and they get ready to pull away. 

Way in the past it was frowned upon to even press the bell (scolded many times as a kid), and you just had to get up and wait by the door. Habits change I guess.

Jack

Quote from: ellspurs on August 12, 2024, 03:14:59 PMIt seems to be a thing when I've been on the bus where people will press the bell, then wait for the bus to stop before getting up to get off. Then they get angry when they do this from upstairs and the driver hasn't noticed them because someone else go off the bus and they get ready to pull away.

Way in the past it was frowned upon to even press the bell (scolded many times as a kid), and you just had to get up and wait by the door. Habits change I guess.
It's become more of an issue ever since Covid has been. I completely understand those who are less able to stand and take extra time but when it's some who's of young or middle age who does it, it annoys me.

frostjay974

Quote from: Stu on August 11, 2024, 08:32:49 PMI saw this story and it disgusted me.

First of all, it seems they got on without paying. The least these scrotes could do if they're blagging free rides is to show a bit of respect to the driver and other passengers.

What makes things worse is that his mother is a bus driver, great bit of parenting there!

I hate to imagine what would have happened if the driver confronted him for not paying...

Rachvince53

Quote from: frostjay974 on August 11, 2024, 10:34:32 PMThere may be elderly people with certain disabilities people carrying heavy bags parents with pushchairs, small children etc.  who may have issues moving around especially whilst the bus is still moving. As for the others who don't fit that criteria and like to get out of their seats once the bus has stopped I do agree that it is their fault if they have to push past the passengers boarding to get off
I was always brought up to let people get off before attempting to board and always try to see if anyone is getting off. 

markcf83

Quote from: Trident 4609 on January 18, 2020, 07:04:04 PMJust seen a photo of one of First Glasgow's E400MMC's (38 branded) well alight on the upper deck. Looks pretty bad.
Incredible news from Glasgow. 34368, the bus involved and which many including me had thought would never be used again,has according to the latest issue of Buses has returned to service. I now refer to this as Lazarus.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Mayfield

Should be Phoenix, rises from the ashes of its predecessor 

markcf83

Quote from: Mayfield on August 16, 2024, 08:31:10 PMShould be Phoenix, rises from the ashes of its predecessor
Fair point. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Blue Versa in RTC on Jennens Road at the junction with Cardigan Street on its way into the City 17:45. YJ61CHH? Not sure who owns this?
Presumably on Coleshill Rail Replacement?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Couldn't see clearly what had happened but while on the 80 earlier today on my way to Smethwick, I saw three buses stuck on Gillott Road alongside a smashed car, by the junction with Icknield Port Road.

Gillott Road was of course being used as a diversion route for the 11A/C and 80 services this morning while Dudley Road was closed in both directions near the junction with City Road.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sandy Lane

Isle of Wight decker involved in front end collision at 00:05 early this morning at Wroxall. 
https://www.islandecho.co.uk/head-on-bus-crash-sees-air-ambulance-called-to-wroxall/ 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

BlackCountryBusSpotter

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/most-dangerous-bus-service-west-29868187
Some Stats about Bus Routes with the moat amount of Crime reported on assuming the normal 11 is the PN11 between Walsall and Dudley which has more Crime than the outer Circle, the WN59 is fourth and a surprising inclusion is the WA37 assuming they don't mean the 37 that is now the 4 in Birmingham. That is I think seventh, 

If any of the Darlaston routes would have have crime I would have maybe expected the 34 going through Rough Hag although it has calmed down a lot over recent years there is still people getting robbed down there. But the 37 does pass through Bentley and Lodge Farm I guess and deals with the Willenhall Comp Kids who used to cause issues on the Thandi 37. 

Not included are the WA29, WB80/87/82 heard they can be bad, WN11 as it passes through Underhill, WA51/X51 that used to be bad from what I can remember more the 51 than the X51

Any other routes people are surprised not to see on the list

Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Rachvince53

ellspurs

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on September 09, 2024, 11:49:19 AMhttps://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/most-dangerous-bus-service-west-29868187
Some Stats about Bus Routes with the moat amount of Crime reported on assuming the normal 11 is the PN11 between Walsall and Dudley which has more Crime than the outer Circle, the WN59 is fourth and a surprising inclusion is the WA37 assuming they don't mean the 37 that is now the 4 in Birmingham. That is I think seventh,

If any of the Darlaston routes would have have crime I would have maybe expected the 34 going through Rough Hag although it has calmed down a lot over recent years there is still people getting robbed down there. But the 37 does pass through Bentley and Lodge Farm I guess and deals with the Willenhall Comp Kids who used to cause issues on the Thandi 37.

Not included are the WA29, WB80/87/82 heard they can be bad, WN11 as it passes through Underhill, WA51/X51 that used to be bad from what I can remember more the 51 than the X51

Any other routes people are surprised not to see on the list

Hah, of course Birmingham Mail would illustrate that article with buses that go to Chelmsley Wood. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk