News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Suggestions for minibus destinations...

Started by Step-on-it, June 10, 2014, 10:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

4 years ago a merc vario could be seen in Deal...now it's Solos! (With a B10M on the Mill hill bit in the AM Peak)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Step-on-it

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. We had a semi-successful trip to Bromsgrove... By the time we got there and had our dinner there was only one Merc out, PEZ 3058. We did score 5 other buses from 4 different bus companies and we used a Connecta Day Tickets at £6.50. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Worcestershire had a multi-operator ticket. We dropped on Hanson 1520 whilst we were out at Catshill and similarly we dropped on Central Buses MX56 HYA. We were however denied a ride on First Worcester 33039 as 2 minutes after it arrived in Bromsgrove and we had got settled on the bus and the driver declared it a failure! Here is a small picture of PEZ 3058 in action...

Regards,
Mark.
Bus bashing across the Midlands & North West...

B61 ANDREW

MRD of Catshill use N922NAP on local Bromsgrove services.  This vehicle is still in Stagecoach livery and is kept in pristine condition. :) Apologies to Mr Step on it, only just read your posting as I have been away. Did you see Clearways garage in Catshill while you were there ?  If "PEZ" was out at work,then S895SNY,the other Mercs mini should have been on the depot ??

Step-on-it

We did see the depot and there were a row of unidentified Mercs / minibuses...

tc

If you can get down to Cornwall, Western Greyhound still operate 34 Merc Varios! Plus First's Cambourne depot has a fair few step entrance buses hanging on including Volvo Olympians, Dennis Darts and a coach seated Merc 0814D.

Tony

Quote from: tc on June 17, 2014, 10:24:44 PM
If you can get down to Cornwall, Western Greyhound still operate 34 Merc Varios! Plus First's Cambourne depot has a fair few step entrance buses hanging on including Volvo Olympians, Dennis Darts and a coach seated Merc 0814D.

And don't forget the two ex Worcester Varios 52526 & 52554 which are still showing as current on the 28th May fleetlist

Step-on-it

I  wish we could do Cornwall, but it's too far for a daytrip...  :(

SEVERNLINK

Quote from: Step-on-it on June 17, 2014, 01:53:26 PM
I haven't seen S895SNY out lately..mostly been PEZ which I saw heading back to the depot the other evening sounding a bit rough.
That blue minibus second one along in step-on-its picture was on the Charfords a couple of weeks ago can't remember reg think it started MX56???

nitromatt1

I was rather surprised to see a see a Stagecoach Vario, 40922, in service in Catshill yesterday, until I realised later that it now belongs to MRD and was on the 322.

SEVERNLINK

Quote from: SEVERNLINK on June 28, 2014, 02:12:20 PM
Quote from: Step-on-it on June 17, 2014, 01:53:26 PM
I haven't seen S895SNY out lately..mostly been PEZ which I saw heading back to the depot the other evening sounding a bit rough.
That blue minibus second one along in step-on-its picture was on the Charfords a couple of weeks ago can't remember reg think it started MX56???
Just popped to Aldi and that blue Merc was on the Charfords again its MX55UZT
http://www.usedcommercialvehiclesales.co.uk/component/rdautos/detail/36-mercedes-benz-vario-814-25-seater

StourportSam

R&B Travel have been using a Beaver on the 291 Kidderminster - Tenbury Wells recently. This again is covered by the County Connecta.
This was also used on the 751/760 until withdrawal of those routes mid-June.

A little more obscure but a step entrance coach is used on the Coniston Coaches service 213 Stourport - Astley Burf circular (two trips on Fridays only).

Cornwall is indeed a step-entrance stronghold. Travel Cornwall also have step entrance Mercs like WG and FK.

B61 ANDREW

Cotswold Green's N951NAP was in Gloucester in service at lunch time today.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk