News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Redditch

Started by jc, June 06, 2014, 10:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

Red 30501 on the 1 in Coventry today

MW

I'd recommend 32217 to anyone who's interested in a fast Streetlite 👍🏼

B61 ANDREW

No the best of days for Redditch today as KU52RYK was broken down this morning outside The Alexandra Hospital and one of the 300xx DAF / Plaxtons was broken on Woodrow Drive early this afternoon. Guess the staff at Redditch are not too happy as the newish StreetLites have gone off lease and the new ones promised have gone elsewhere . . . .  :-[

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on September 29, 2018, 07:42:53 PM
That's the route is allocated to while it's at Redditch
Do you know how long its likely to be at Redditch for?
It was still on there today.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Quote from: 2206 on October 09, 2018, 09:25:25 PM
Do you know how long its likely to be at Redditch for?
It was still on there today.

It's a transfer

sonic84

There is a consultation up for potential changes to the 55 and the 70 to make the services more commercially viable.

https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/5570-service-consultation/

The proposal is for the 70 to Astwood Bank as now but on the return to Redditch divert to the Alexandra hospital and then go on to Redditch following the existing 55 route.

The 55 will then run the reverse of the above 70 route. Both services are reduced to hourly.

MW

Best Streetlite & best Solo at Redditch depot are tonight's S2 & S3.

Dylanbusboy45

40544 noted in service on the 57 today

willr7

The 3 Mellor Strata's have been delivered to Redditch depot.
These are;
KD68 DVC (21216)
KD68 DVF (21217)
KD68 DVH (21219)

mark114

willr7

Quote from: mark114 on February 24, 2019, 03:55:05 PM
Are these 3 for Redditch only

Yes, I believe they are for use on the new C42 service in Coventry and the retained Solihull A1 (previously S1) service leaving 1 spare.

There should also be 2 others from this batch which are intended for use at Tividale depot.

mark114

Thank you so much for that info Willr7 it's greatly appreciated

paulb1973

I originally posted this in the Johnson's thread on 25/2 - but it belongs here I presume as they are now running Coventry route 42:

Route 42 towards Brownshill Green is:
Pool Meadow Bus Station, Fairfax Street, Trinity Street, Ironmonger Row, Cross Cheaping, The Burges, Corporation Street, Upper Well Street, Ringway Hill Cross, Holyhead Road, Moseley Avenue, Poole Road, Christchurch Road, Scots Lane, Holloway Field, Scots Lane, Duncroft Avenue, Norman Place Road, Birchfield Road, Eversleigh Road, Overslade Crescent, Mapleton Road, Birchfield Road, Brownshill Green Road, Wall Hill Road, Hawkes Mill Lane, Browns Lane.

And the route 42 back towards Coventry:
Browns Lane, Hawkes Mill Lane, Brownshill Green Road, Birchfield Road, Mapleton Road, Overslade Crescent, Eversleigh Road, Birchfield Road, Norman Place Road, Duncroft Avenue, Scots Lane, Holloway Field, Scots Lane, Christchurch Road, Poole Road, Moseley Avenue, Holyhead Road, Ringway Hill Cross, Upper Well Street, Corporation Street, Hales Street, Fairfax Street, Priory Street, Pool Meadow Bus Station.

Or are they just running straight back down Brownshill Green Road, Norman Place Road then Duncroft Ave etc. on the return leg? (missing out the Crescent area)

JPC

Yes, Inbounds are straight down Brownshill Green Road and Norman Place Road,  I had sort of moaned about it in the Management Q&A thread, hopefully TfWM will adjust the route after they get a number of complaints.
Mind this is also occurring right in front of ours eyes in the City Centre, some NX cross-city routes have routing in one direction which doesn't match the opposite direction.  ::)

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on February 25, 2019, 05:43:18 PM
Yes, Inbounds are straight down Brownshill Green Road and Norman Place Road,  I had sort of moaned about it in the Management Q&A thread, hopefully TfWM will adjust the route after they get a number of complaints.
Mind this is also occurring right in front of ours eyes in the City Centre, some NX cross-city routes have routing in one direction which doesn't match the opposite direction.  ::)

That's a bit strange - so (as you alluded to I think) the Birchfield/Overslade Cres etc area have to go outbound to go inbound! Or more likely, walk to Brownshill Green Rd or Norman Place Rd. Did Johnson's/NXC's 42 go around Holloway Field - I suppose they must have done?!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk