News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Early running services (all operators)

Started by nitromatt1, May 04, 2014, 06:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Basically, any sightings of services running considerably ahead of timetable can be posted here.

For instance, I missed an evening WMSNT 297 a while back which was running 6 minutes earlier than the time stated at the bus stop (Old Hill railway station).

Steve6544

I saw a 222 a couple of months back expected to leave at :02 and arrived at :59

Gareth

There is nothing worse than an early running bus. I had an incident a few months ago where after waiting almost 30mins for my last 8c from the Jewellery Quarter, I gave up and angrily got a taxi home. After emailing customer care to enquire if the bus was running very late, cancelled or 10mins or more early, they confirmed to me it had ran early. For the last bus of the night to be running at least 10mins early is unforgivable. Luckily my taxi was refunded by them, along with two free daysavers  :)

Russ Smith

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/national-express-buses-in-birmingham-leaving-258477

Might be of interest to some. I must admit though, early running is dealt with really well in the West Midlands. I often notice drivers waiting not only at timing points, but driving considerably slower and waiting the stops in between timing points. You don't get that up here in Leeds!

winston

Quote from: Russ Smith on May 05, 2014, 02:37:49 PM
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/national-express-buses-in-birmingham-leaving-258477

Might be of interest to some. I must admit though, early running is dealt with really well in the West Midlands. I often notice drivers waiting not only at timing points, but driving considerably slower and waiting the stops in between timing points. You don't get that up here in Leeds!

That article is dated Oct 2012, AVL has been brought online since then as well.

Russ Smith

Quote from: Winston on May 05, 2014, 02:40:39 PM

Sorry, didn't check the date, just remembered having it in my favourites. Do you know what hours AVL operate?

winston

Quote from: Russ Smith on May 05, 2014, 02:45:00 PM

Sorry, didn't check the date, just remembered having it in my favourites. Do you know what hours AVL operate?

Tony will be able to answer that one.

BN

Quote from: Winston on May 05, 2014, 03:07:54 PM
Quote from: Russ Smith on May 05, 2014, 02:45:00 PM

Tony will be able to answer that one.

7-7 mon to sat on the depot radios

nitromatt1

The 2245 9 to Birmingham at my stop on Manor Way passed considerably early, 2-3 minutes

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Matt on May 30, 2014, 10:46:25 PM
The 2245 9 to Birmingham at my stop on Manor Way passed considerably early, 2-3 minutes

Is it a timing point? Personal opinion, I would call anything over 2.5minutes as running early. That's just my personal opinion. But I think it only deserves to be reported to an operator if more then 4.5/5mins early.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 31, 2014, 04:07:44 PM

Is it a timing point? Personal opinion, I would call anything over 2.5minutes as running early. That's just my personal opinion. But I think it only deserves to be reported to an operator if more then 4.5/5mins early.

Noo, but he must have left the bus station early to get to my stop so early. I noticed on its way back from city an hour later it was again 2-3 minutes early. Obviously I won't give any identification but there's one driver on late night 9s who always runs a couple of minutes early.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Matt on May 31, 2014, 08:39:51 PM

Noo, but he must have left the bus station early to get to my stop so early. I noticed on its way back from city an hour later it was again 2-3 minutes early. Obviously I won't give any identification but there's one driver on late night 9s who always runs a couple of minutes early.

Probably an ex-BC driver I know, sounds like his type of driving! Good lad actually. And your watch isn't out per chance?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 31, 2014, 09:59:31 PM
Quote from: Matt on May 31, 2014, 08:39:51 PM

Probably an ex-BC driver I know, sounds like his type of driving! Good lad actually. And your watch isn't out per chance?

No, I was using a radio controlled clock which is accurate to the second

trident4370

10:20 X51 (trident) just left at 10:18 according to both the bus stop and my phone... thanks for that driver if youre on here 

Matt.N0056

a diamond 71 was either a few minutes early this evening or nearly half hour late

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk