News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

First Buses 144 Route

Started by James4368, May 02, 2014, 10:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James4368

does 144 from Birmingham-Worcester cover network daytripper for whole journey or do I have to buy a childs fare?
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

the trainbasher

nDaytripper is valid from Birmingham to Rubery ONLY
Connecta is valid from Rubery to Worcester on the 144 ONLY

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PM

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on May 02, 2014, 10:01:43 PM
does 144 from Birmingham-Worcester cover network daytripper for whole journey or do I have to buy a childs fare?

You would buy a child fare from Rubery St Chad's to Worcester. From then on, probably cheaper to buy the £4 child Wyvern day available from the driver. Not sure how much return would be but with the Wyvern ticket you could hop onto any other First bus you see eg go to Great Malvern on the 44 group.

j789

As Diamond Dart says the cheapest option is the £4 child Wyvern day ticket. There is not a specific Worcester - Brum return ticket, only the Wyvern day ticket which covers all routes and will take you to Hereford if you so wish! Unless you are planning to travel on other companies routes the First day ticket is best value.

nitromatt1

Quote from: j789 on May 02, 2014, 11:13:21 PM
As Diamond Dart says the cheapest option is the £4 child Wyvern day ticket. There is not a specific Worcester - Brum return ticket, only the Wyvern day ticket which covers all routes and will take you to Hereford if you so wish! Unless you are planning to travel on other companies routes the First day ticket is best value.

I tried to buy that Wyvern day ticket on the 42 or 43 in Malvern once and was told I could only buy it on the 44. Looking at the ticket machine it seemed he could not issue them. He asked another passing 42/43 driver and he couldn't issue them either. Any idea why this might be?

j789

Those services are contract/subsidised services run on behalf of the council so day tickets cannot be purchased on them. They can however be used on such routes so Worcester plus and Wyvern tickets are accepted, just not issued. Same with the 382.

nitromatt1

Quote from: j789 on May 03, 2014, 11:18:59 AM
Those services are contract/subsidised services run on behalf of the council so day tickets cannot be purchased on them. They can however be used on such routes so Worcester plus and Wyvern tickets are accepted, just not issued. Same with the 382.

Regarding the Wyvern day ticket. How far can you actually go on it? Where are the boundaries? I gather you can go to Hereford on the 420 but how far onward can you travel on services from Hereford?

tank90

Quote from: Matt on May 31, 2014, 12:56:13 AM

Regarding the Wyvern day ticket. How far can you actually go on it? Where are the boundaries? I gather you can go to Hereford on the 420 but how far onward can you travel on services from Hereford?
Ross-on-Wye, Monmouth I would think.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

nitromatt1

Quote from: tank90 on May 31, 2014, 03:51:25 AM

If so that confirms my thought, that you can go from Birmingham city centre to a Welsh town with one bus ticket (and only 3 services), quite impressive really for £6/£4.

PM

Quote from: Matt on May 31, 2014, 09:03:45 PM

If so that confirms my thought, that you can go from Birmingham city centre to a Welsh town with one bus ticket (and only 3 services), quite impressive really for £6/£4.

It's incredible really! You can presumably use it to Ross-on-Wye on weekdays and then Monmouth as the 34 there only runs on Sundays?

I really must do another FMR day!

Got to be honest though, not as impressive as the Arriva North East day ticket at £7.50 to the extremities of Scarborough, Berwick and Carlisle!!

tank90

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 31, 2014, 09:18:31 PM
Quote from: Matt on May 31, 2014, 09:03:45 PM

It's incredible really! You can presumably use it to Ross-on-Wye on weekdays and then Monmouth as the 34 there only runs on Sundays?

I really must do another FMR day!

Got to be honest though, not as impressive as the Arriva North East day ticket at £7.50 to the extremities of Scarborough, Berwick and Carlisle!!
f
Well if a rumour rings true Breacon maybe the extreme western point o a wyvern day ticket. But yes the First 34s only run for the summer on Sundays from Hereford to Ross then Ross to Monmouth all day then back to Hereford. But £6.20 from Queensway to Canterlope Rd Ross on wye is good going. Cheaper than Herefor to Gloucester I think.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk