News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

October 2014 tenders - discussion

Started by the trainbasher, April 04, 2014, 04:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

So, as mentioned in another thread, there will be a big batch of tender changes in the Black Country area in October. What does everyone think will be changed as this would probably be the first batch under the new tender system.

Personally I reckon that the 226 won't have any trips after 2215 ex merry hill/Dudley and that Sundays on there won't go to West Bromwich. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the 2215 ex Dudley got withdrawn and the 2215 ex Merry hill got amended to terminate at Kingswinford - Or even got amended to run via Lodge Farm and Netherton to part replace the tendered 243 and 81.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 04, 2014, 04:23:41 PM
So, as mentioned in another thread, there will be a big batch of tender changes in the Black Country area in October. What does everyone think will be changed as this would probably be the first batch under the new tender system.

Personally I reckon that the 226 won't have any trips after 2215 ex merry hill/Dudley and that Sundays on there won't go to West Bromwich. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the 2215 ex Dudley got withdrawn and the 2215 ex Merry hill got amended to terminate at Kingswinford - Or even got amended to run via Lodge Farm and Netherton to part replace the tendered 243 and 81.

Good idea to make a thread. First off, does anyone know which routes are up for tender as presumably they are not re-tendering 2012 stuff as that would no doubt incur extra cost?

Stuharris 6360

It depends, some 2012 & 3 tenders, weren't they just for 1 or 2 years, so they make come up for retender.

To me, with a little thought, you could save money & still cover the routes,

eg: withdraw services 298/9 and reroute one 276 an hour (276A) via that route in Oldswinford Hagley Road & Lye Springfield Ave.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

PM

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 04, 2014, 04:39:14 PM
It depends, some 2012 & 3 tenders, weren't they just for 1 or 2 years, so they make come up for retender.

To me, with a little thought, you could save money & still cover the routes,

eg: withdraw services 298/9 and reroute one 276 an hour (276A) via that route in Oldswinford Hagley Road & Lye Springfield Ave.

The Arriva ones were for 5... The main way to save money I would have thought is hoping Arriva/Diamond submit competing package bid prices

danny

Methinks the 122 Oldbury-Bearwood will be completely axed. Saw a sooo on their other day carrying nothing more than air.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Jay

I do agree with you but on the 226 i will make 2215 the last one on mon to sat but 2115 on the sunday as it carry 1 if diamond is lucky and then get rid off routes that does not carry and make the others part tenders (day times)
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

bususer12

Quote from: Jon on April 05, 2014, 09:47:10 AM

I do agree with you but on the 226 i will make 2215 the last one on mon to sat but 2115 on the sunday as it carry 1 if diamond is lucky and then get rid off routes that does not carry and make the others part tenders (day times)

I would hope that the very underused routes are axed too, i.e 24,282,240

PM

Quote from: bususer12 on April 05, 2014, 01:46:36 PM

Personally, I'm not "hoping" anything is axed but if it is, less-used routes should go first. I would still have scrapped ring and ride before tendered bus services though and Centro bureaucracy, at the same time, ensuring operators manage bus stops and produce timetable guides themselves. Centro information centres could also have closed and been converted into NX travelshops. Just think, all these services that operators' margins will be put under pressure from could have been retained had the Metro extention vanity project been scrapped...

the trainbasher

Right - Ive designed some routes that take in tendered and commercial routes (the commercial routes mainy arriva ones)

Taking in some of the 24/223/229/545 - http://bit.ly/1hR4sL0 (Renumbered to 83/84)

Taking in the 223/224 - http://bit.ly/1qdgXTG (Renumbered to 24)

Taking in parts of the 24/240/298/299 - http://bit.ly/1lEQxs0 (Renumbered to 40)

Taking in the 124/282 - http://bit.ly/1inbyEE (Renumbered to 85)

Taking in parts of the 205/208 - http://bit.ly/PCbTv6 (Could be numbered 29 nights and Sundays? - The Daytimes would remain along the same routes as 25/28)

Taking in the 217/231 - http://bit.ly/1hvM1H8 (Could take the number 31 instead)

Taking in the 142/217/288/X96 - http://bit.ly/1indY6n (Could be numbered 92?)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Metrorider

I was driving the 23.15 from Dudley last night and it picked up 4 from Dudley and also 1 from West Brom that went all the way to Kingswinford so it does sometimes carry more than 1 person.
Paul.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: bususer12 on April 05, 2014, 01:46:36 PM

and the 288, only a couple of journeys each way are ever used a lot.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

Does anyone know if any results have been announced or will they be announced in September?

Westy

BN

We've had results, gains and losses but in all a good result. Not all operators have accepted the wins yet.

the trainbasher

I've heard a interesting rumoured win for one operator but that's unconfirmed and at least one route hasn't been decided despite bids being recieved

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk