News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

Quote from: sandboy20 on June 30, 2022, 10:21:41 AMApparantly the Stagecoach Coventry daysaver ( Adult £4) is now valid as far as Nuneaton - no doubt
prompted by loss of market share to National Express Coventry
And now valid to Binley Woods as well I think?

ellspurs

The Diamond in Stratford news has stated that Stagecoach have been awarded the tenders to cover the emergency tenders from the services that Diamond have lost. With Stagecoach's twitter full of news of cancelled services at short notice, are they going to have the capacity to cover it?

Also, they've won the tender for the service 7 from Measham to Fenny Drayton in North Warwickshire (2-hourly service) from Roberts. Roberts had been operating that service for quite some time, although I've not seen many passengers use it.

Tony

QuoteThe Diamond in Stratford news has stated that Stagecoach have been awarded the tenders to cover the emergency tenders from the services that Diamond have lost. With Stagecoach's twitter full of news of cancelled services at short notice, are they going to have the capacity to cover it?

Also, they've won the tender for the service 7 from Measham to Fenny Drayton in North Warwickshire (2-hourly service) from Roberts. Roberts had been operating that service for quite some time, although I've not seen many passengers use it.
And they have to staff the commonwealth games next month.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Tony on June 30, 2022, 06:32:39 PMAnd they have to staff the commonwealth games next month.
Could we see other companies called into help at the last minute? :/
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

QuoteCould we see other companies called into help at the last minute? :/
They are using other companies as well, but I have heard that every Stagecoach company will need to provide 10% of their staff, don't know that is definitely correct though.

the trainbasher

And now Stagecoach Warks have won the Warks tender for the X20... (Stratford Hearld)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Coventrybususer95

I wonder if it will be a Nuneaton or Leamington spa route
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

the trainbasher

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on July 03, 2022, 02:37:41 AMI wonder if it will be a Nuneaton or Leamington spa route
Iirc the Coventry - Solihull bit was a TfWM tender (IIRC it was tendered since Central Connect ran it (but I'm not 100% sure?) as the 82 - the revised version that only partly replaced the NX Cov 82) and I think it still is, so I think it will be Stagecoach Leamington for the Stratford - Solihull section, as Diamond said they were keeping the Solihull - Coventry bit

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 03, 2022, 02:43:15 AMIirc the Coventry - Solihull bit was a TfWM tender (IIRC it was tendered since Central Connect ran it (but I'm not 100% sure?) as the 82 - the revised version that only partly replaced the NX Cov 82) and I think it still is, so I think it will be Stagecoach Leamington for the Stratford - Solihull section, as Diamond said they were keeping the Solihull - Coventry bit
Wonder if the new x20 will continue to serve coventry or will it become a new express route between Stratford and Solihull 

Justin Tyme

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 03, 2022, 02:43:15 AMIirc the Coventry - Solihull bit was a TfWM tender (IIRC it was tendered since Central Connect ran it (but I'm not 100% sure?) as the 82 - the revised version that only partly replaced the NX Cov 82) and I think it still is, so I think it will be Stagecoach Leamington for the Stratford - Solihull section, as Diamond said they were keeping the Solihull - Coventry bit

I think that's likely - with the Stagecoach service probably run from Stratford, which is an outstation of Leamington depot nowadays.

It was Johnsons who combined the 82 (Coventry - Solihull: TfWM tender) with the 20 (Shirley Station - Stratford: mainly commercial) to form the X20 in 2019.  Will the new Stratford service run through to Solihull, or will it only reach Shirley, which would just about allow buses to do a round trip in a tidy 2 hours?

Coventrybususer95

Am I the only person confused by this where will they change drivers if needed I mean the x18 coventry to Stratford change in Leamington so would a driver be able to complete it in his allotted driving time 

Stu

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on July 03, 2022, 04:42:23 AMWonder if the new x20 will continue to serve coventry or will it become a new express route between Stratford and Solihull
If I'm reading things correctly, Stagecoach will operate the X20 between Stratford and Solihull only.

I would imagine that Diamond will renumber the Solihull to Coventry section back to 82.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on July 03, 2022, 10:30:14 AMAm I the only person confused by this where will they change drivers if needed I mean the x18 coventry to Stratford change in Leamington so would a driver be able to complete it in his allotted driving time
As Stagecoach are set to do a load of the ex Johnsons routes, I suspect they'll do driver changes at Stratford

MW

The X20 are two separate tenders.

20 (Stratford to Shirley) - subsidised by WCC

82 (Solihull to Coventry) - subsidised by TfWM

Johnson's simply merged them together, presumably for operational efficiencies and to attract more passengers. The new operator(s) have no obligation to continue running them as a "through route".

This is why you'll also notice that from Coventry, buses would display Solihull as the destination, and "then Stratford" or similar.

4369Beast

In the case of the X20 between Stratford & Solihull, the actual wording is:

Will operate current timetable in full until 14/8/22. From 14/8/22 service will operate between Coventry to Solihull only. We understand Warwick County Council intend to tender a replacement service for withdrawn Solihull to Stratford section.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk