News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Demonstrators at Summer Lane

Started by Tony, March 21, 2014, 09:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

It was always nice when I worked at Summer Lane for a demonstrator to turn up for the 'Gaffers' to look over.

Then 37 years later   http://www.wmbusphotos.com/MidlandClassic/80.html

Niall

Must have been this bus I saw going down Great Charles Street Queensway in Birmingham this evening. I didn't see the front and couldn't read the rear number plate through the glass.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Lukeee

Very nice, any ideas why these are here

Tony

Various people were having a look at a Kuala Lumpur Alexander Dennis Enviro 500. I got the chance to drive it for a 25 minute quick tour of Birmingham.
Here it is just before setting off

http://wmbusphotos.com/Other%20Buses/KLunreg.html

Tony

Quote from: Matt on March 25, 2015, 07:02:26 PM
What are the technical spec of that Enviro 500 i.e. engine, gearbox etc?

The Alexander Dennis man was telling me while I was driving down Broad Street, but I didn't take it in. I know it is only Euro3 Spec, so wouldn't be allowed in the City Centre soon

Justin Tyme

Replace the strapline 'rapidKL' with 'sprintHR' and it could be very useful in service in Birmingham!  It would make quite an impact, especially in what looks like a stylised TWM livery.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Justin Tyme on March 25, 2015, 07:26:08 PM
Replace the strapline 'rapidKL' with 'sprintHR' and it could be very useful in service in Birmingham!  It would make quite an impact, especially in what looks like a stylised TWM livery.

Funnily enough I was literally about to type the exact same thing!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

Quote from: Tony on March 25, 2015, 06:54:39 PM
Various people were having a look at a Kuala Lumpur Alexander Dennis Enviro 500. I got the chance to drive it for a 25 minute quick tour of Birmingham.
Here it is just before setting off

http://wmbusphotos.com/Other%20Buses/KLunreg.html

Destined for Malaysia, isn't it? That's what I was told, from another Flickr Member:

Quote from:  Flickr Member (bustechy); Yesterday @ 04:10 AM
"Heads up that an Alexander Dennis Enviro 500 bus destined for Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia will be outside Centro offices in Birmingham Wednesday 25th March around 10 to 10.30am and will then drive to Aston Villa Ground for 11am. It will probably be driven around the city for a few hours after leaving Aston Villa."
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Kiewii

Quote from: clayderman on March 25, 2015, 09:22:37 PM
Destined for Malaysia, isn't it? That's what I was told, from another Flickr Member:

As Tony said above!

CL

Quote from: Kiewii on March 25, 2015, 09:46:06 PM
As Tony said above!

:o My bad. I didn't realise Kuala Lumpur was a city! (Thought it was an operator) lol.  :P  :-[
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk