News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Green Bus 22 Route

Started by James4368, March 14, 2014, 06:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

I watched a video of one of the E400H's at Abellio and that had black dot moquette

winston

Quote from: Nathan on March 15, 2014, 04:12:46 PM
I watched a video of one of the E400H's at Abellio and that had black dot moquette

Yes that's right, Abellio only adopted a new interior spec in the 12-18 months, 9544 is 12 plate E400H, the photo of the new Abellio was from a 62 plate E200, the changeover occurred late 2012/early 2013. I think the first buses to receive the new interior were E200's not sure which ones/which garage they were allocated

Stu

I travelled on 117 today, all the day from Town Hall to Merry Hill. Not bad value for a pound really.

This one does have the same seat coverings as on NX buses (the grey dot moquette, whatever its called).

The timetable totem says the journey takes 69 minutes, took less than an hour! Got on the 14:31 from Town Hall, and arrived at Merry Hill just before 15:30. Mind you, the driver was flooring it most of the way; apart from myself, one other passenger got on at Town Hall, but she got off at Calthorpe Road just past Five Ways. After that, the next passengers that got on were two girls on Howley Grange Road, one was on her phone telling someone she'd just got on the bus, "the 22, the big bus, it goes the same way as the 002"  ??? Picked up a few more passengers when we arrived at Halesowen.

I don't know what journeys are like during the week, especially at peaks, but with the disruption on the Hagley Road due to the ongoing roadworks in Bearwood, the 22 might be a quicker option for people travelling to/from Birmingham to/from Halesowen, for the next few weeks anyway.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on March 15, 2014, 06:08:53 PM
I travelled on 117 today, all the day from Town Hall to Merry Hill. Not bad value for a pound really.

This one does have the same seat coverings as on NX buses (the grey dot moquette, whatever its called).

The timetable totem says the journey takes 69 minutes, took less than an hour! Got on the 14:31 from Town Hall, and arrived at Merry Hill just before 15:30. Mind you, the driver was flooring it most of the way;
apart from myself, one other passenger got on at Town Hall, but she got off at Calthorpe Road just past Five Ways. After that, the next passengers that got on were two girls on Howley Grange Road, one was on her phone telling someone she'd just got on the bus, "the 22, the big bus, it goes the same way as the 002"  ??? Picked up a few more passengers when we arrived at Halesowen.

I don't know what journeys are like during the week, especially at peaks, but with the disruption on the Hagley Road due to the ongoing roadworks in Bearwood, the 22 might be a quicker option for people travelling to/from Birmingham to/from Halesowen, for the next few weeks anyway.

I had this when i travelled, caught 09:54 from Merry Hill & was at the Town Hall by 10:48.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

James4368

I went on 112 0855 from broad street-harbourne
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

nifty50

Quote from: Nathan on March 15, 2014, 04:06:56 PM
I had 123 on the 22 last week and it isn't exactly the best sounding trident in the world is it? Also Centro need to try and get the bus stop timetables sorted as it states the 22 runs hourly between 10 and 2/3 at 54 past the hour from MH) but it actually runs half hourly at 24 past the hour from MH also. Very confusing for passengers!

It's a farce

trident4370

The timetable at Town Hall is the same hourly between 10 and 2, I went today in the hope of a spectra but when 117 turned up I passed!

Stuharris 6360

Well have VOSA actually approved the move to every 30 minutes, am sure the original registration was for every hour off peak. Plus the drivers should stick to the timetable, rushing from one end to the other is not going to attract many passengers if they don't know what time the service runs, or do the drivers want the service to fail?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nifty50

Only the original registration is shown on Vosa. Does this mean TGB are operating illegally??

Stuharris 6360

Interesting, i can't find the 22 listed on Vosa anymore? or am i looking in the wrong place?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk