News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond depot vehicle authorisations

Started by Stu, February 21, 2014, 05:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Just came across this on VOSA website (edited to make it more readable!):

PD0001374 SI

Operating centre town: BIRMINGHAM
    West Midlands, N&P, 21 Feb 2014: Variation Granted
    DIAMOND BUS COMPANY LTD Director(s): CHRISTOPHER BLYTH, FG FLIGHT, K TAYLOR, J GUNN, A C GOOZEE, S L DUNN, ROBERT ANTHONY DUNN.
    HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE WARLEY B69 3HW

Decreased authorisation at existing operating centre: CHURCH ROAD REDDITCH B97 4AB ()
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 5 vehicle(s),

Decreased authorisation at existing operating centre: CROSS QUAYS BUSINESS PARK, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIVIDALE OLDBURY B69 3HW ()
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 118 vehicle(s),

Decreased authorisation at existing operating centre: ISLAND DRIVE KIDDERMINSTER DY10 1EZ ()
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 30 vehicle(s),

Decreased authorisation at existing operating centre: PLYMOUTH ROAD REDDITCH B97 4PA ()
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 50 vehicle(s),

New operating centre: BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE , BIRMINGHAM B7 5JJ ()
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 10 vehicle(s),

New operating centre: OBAN ROAD COVENTRY CV6 6HH ()
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 15 vehicle(s),

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

PM

Thanks for posting this Stu. Current totals are 95 ish at Tividale, about 53 ish at Redditch, 22 ish at Kidderminster but 54 at Long Acre. It is good to see the diamond long acre buses are being put on the same operator licence and no doubt the 15 signature buses will be those based in Coventry.

So the main question I have is what is happening to Long Acre's non signature services ie the 50, 16, 108, 424, 650 etc etc as this is surely more than 10 vehicles' worth of work. Admittedly coaches will no doubt remain there on the Flights Hallmark license but some services will have to transfer back to Tividale I would guess, such as the 50/16?

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: DiamondDart on February 21, 2014, 06:22:40 PM
Thanks for posting this Stu. Current totals are 95 ish at Tividale, about 53 ish at Redditch, 22 ish at Kidderminster but 54 at Long Acre. It is good to see the diamond long acre buses are being put on the same operator licence and no doubt the 15 signature buses will be those based in Coventry.

So the main question I have is what is happening to Long Acre's non signature services ie the 50, 16, 108, 424, 650 etc etc as this is surely more than 10 vehicles' worth of work. Admittedly coaches will no doubt remain there on the Flights Hallmark license but some services will have to transfer back to Tividale I would guess, such as the 50/16?

Why did the 16 and 50 move from Tividale to Long Acre originally anyway?

PM

To reduce dead mileage I would guess and give LAC work following the loss/withdrawal of the 19/10/37/97/17/904 and  more recently the 119

the trainbasher

Thinking about it...they've still got the Central Connect Licence too so then can use that as well as the diamond licence for Long Acre can't they?

(edit - corrected by myself upon rereading of the post - tb)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: DiamondDart on February 21, 2014, 06:35:46 PM
To reduce dead mileage I would guess and give LAC work following the loss/withdrawal of the 19/10/37/97/17/904 and  more recently the 119

So I don't understand why there now isn't enough authorisation for these services to remain at Long Acre when there was a good reason to base them there.

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 21, 2014, 06:40:43 PM
Thinking about it...they've still got the Central Connect Licence too so then can use that as well as the diamond licence for Tividale can't they?

Can't see the need unless any expansion is planned-better to have things on one license I would have thought and even this reduction gives them over 20 vehicles' extra room at Tividale and I am unsure if Tividale could even accomodate more than this in the depot yard, especially with all the withdrawn buses lying about.

Because LAC is being sub-let I would guess and all diamond services being put on one O License.

Tony

Thinking about it...they've still got the Central Connect Licence too so then can use that as well as the diamond licence for Tividale can't they?

Not without changing it to add Tividale as an OC

the trainbasher

Quote from: Tony on February 21, 2014, 06:55:39 PM

What I meant to was regarding Long Acre now being on both the Central connect Licence and Diamond Bus licence meant that some of the Tividale routes that run into city could, hypothetically, move to long Acre without a cancellation/new route registration (teach me to type whilst about to board a train!!!)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

andy

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 21, 2014, 10:41:02 PM

What I meant to was regarding Long Acre now being on both the Central connect Licence and Diamond Bus licence meant that some of the Tividale routes that run into city could, hypothetically, move to long Acre without a cancellation/new route registration (teach me to type whilst about to board a train!!!)

And suddenly all of the Long Acre scrappers have vanished.

PM

Quote from: andy on February 21, 2014, 11:07:15 PM

Have they Andy? Did you see any of the yourbus deckers, east lancs tridents, the connect97 dart near the railway line, the white and blue dart visible from the railway line? Sorry for the questions-I'm just interested :)

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on February 21, 2014, 11:12:05 PM

Have they Andy? Did you see any of the yourbus deckers, east lancs tridents, the connect97 dart near the railway line, the white and blue dart visible from the railway line? Sorry for the questions-I'm just interested :)

Definitely sounds as though a deal has been agreed for Long Acre, either sale or sub-let

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on February 21, 2014, 11:12:05 PM

They haven't all gone, but yes there has been a big clearout, the two remaining ex First Tridents, that were used for spares for Preston are still there along with half a dozen darts, The East Lancs trident still with a roof is inside the sheds, but no sign of the ex Yourbus Tridents

PM

Thanks for that Tony-I wonder what has happened to the rest? Possibly been moved over to Tividale or sold and I guess after the February fleet changes we'll know which of the two it is.

Eric Shaw

Stu, you say you edited the extract from the VOSA website, was there a date for the implementation of these changes?
If not, does the usual 56 days notice apply?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk