News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Crime Stats

Started by monkeyjoe, February 18, 2014, 10:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

I am just curious as to which of the Birmingham major corridors reports the most crimes. I.e fare evasion, vandalism etc etc. Just curious, did I read on other threads that the Coventry Road 60 is quite bad?

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 18, 2014, 10:01:04 PM
I am just curious as to which of the Birmingham major corridors reports the most crimes. I.e fare evasion, vandalism etc etc. Just curious, did I read on other threads that the Coventry Road 60 is quite bad?

Because they carry the most passengers

Lukeee

I would imagine the routes with the highest crime stats would be the main corridors into brum (particularly the most buisiest/frequent)such as the Soho Road (74/75) Bristol Road (61/63) etc.

NXWM Spectra

What would be interesting is to find out which routes have the highest crime to total number of passengers ratio.

notepanel

Not quite what the topic was about - but todays Express & Star reports that 24,000 fines were issued by the Revenue team last year, out of almost 1million passengers checked. I believe that works out at 2.4% of passengers checked were travelling without the correct fare - or (as around 50,000 vehicles were checked), there will be one fare-dodger for every 2 (and a bit!) buses checked. (Obviously I appreciate that will vary!)

nitromatt1

Quote from: Lukeee on February 19, 2014, 10:28:37 PM

I would imagine the routes with the highest crime stats would be the main corridors into brum (particularly the most buisiest/frequent)such as the Soho Road (74/75) Bristol Road (61/63) etc.

I'm not sure why the Soho Road has such a bad reputation, I experience more smoking/anti-social behaviour on the 9 than the 74/75

monkeyjoe

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on February 19, 2014, 11:47:59 PM
What would be interesting is to find out which routes have the highest crime to total number of passengers ratio.

To be fair or "fare", that is what I meant but I was being lazy. Wouldn't imagine such stats would make the public domain.

With reference to the 74/75 can't be 100% people probably think that due area Daily Mail mentality .... sorry opps area  preconceptions lol.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk