News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM's Super-X Displays

Started by CL, February 07, 2014, 10:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on May 11, 2014, 06:08:29 PM
Quote from: Russ Smith on May 09, 2014, 07:07:22 PM
https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/14122557186/in/photostream/

Is there any particular reason why there are no via points, just the destination? I've only ever seen this on E workings...

This is the severe weather display. Changes between BIRMINGHAM and 'Severe Weather, Main Roads Only' (Obviously put up in error)

I presume the usual thing now is "51 Special Service" on severe weather days now? And what happened to the "Driver Changing" Omnilink display? [looking at you, John]
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

P419 EJW

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post about this. Yesterday, I saw a 900E arriving near Carrs Lane and I noticed the rear display showed like this:

900E
Airport

It was quite strange to see that. I am used to see numbers only on the rear display.

Also, another point about Not in Service display. I saw it on a BC E200 in the City displaying NIS. I do not like it, it is not perfect. It says "not in service" with no appropriate capitalisations. On the rear display, it was like a marquee, moving from right to left. The font is terrible. I would have preferred if it did not have any modifications. The original font was fine.

CL

Quote from: P419 EJW on May 11, 2014, 07:32:18 PM
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post about this. Yesterday, I saw a 900E arriving near Carrs Lane and I noticed the rear display showed like this:

900E
Airport

It was quite strange to see that. I am used to see numbers only on the rear display.

Also, another point about Not in Service display. I saw it on a BC E200 in the City displaying NIS. I do not like it, it is not perfect. It says "not in service" with no appropriate capitalisations. On the rear display, it was like a marquee, moving from right to left. The font is terrible. I would have preferred if it did not have any modifications. The original font was fine.

This was on the 74 at WB, when it was allocated to (mainly) Presidents, around 2012? It alternated between 74 and 74 B'ham or 74 and 74 Dudley
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 11, 2014, 07:06:36 PM
And what happened to the "Driver Changing" Omnilink display? [looking at you, John]

Please forgive me for been thick! (so tired after been away all weekend), do you mean there is a display for driver changes on certain buses LS?

Trident 4609

WN's Spectra's used to display like that on the side and rear display eg it would alternate between '79' and 79
                                 W'ton

NXWM Spectra

I remember Solo 3237 also did it at WN. It didn't happen on all routes if there was no logical way of condensing it to fit on the display.

Trident 4609

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on May 11, 2014, 09:17:51 PM
I remember Solo 3237 also did it at WN. It didn't happen on all routes if there was no logical way of condensing it to fit on the display.

I do remember it doing it on the 528 and also when they occasiinally appeared on the 559 (So Mid 2011 this was)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on May 11, 2014, 09:01:23 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 11, 2014, 07:06:36 PM
And what happened to the "Driver Changing" Omnilink display? [looking at you, John]

Please forgive me for been thick! (so tired after been away all weekend), do you mean there is a display for driver changes on certain buses LS?

I thought you were the one who told me? Sorry John! But yes, in Merry Hill I've seen pictures
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

How many garages have buses with the Super-X font?  I passed a B7RLE on the 29 today on Broad St and the Via points were very difficult to read and after seeing a few buses with these displays i have to question why they had to mess with the display font?! Looked perfectly fine as it was.....

Just glad the Super-X displays haven't reached WN garage (Yet!)

Sh4318

Quote from: clayderman on May 11, 2014, 08:54:50 PM
Quote from: P419 EJW on May 11, 2014, 07:32:18 PM

900E
Airport

This was on the 74 at WB, when it was allocated to (mainly) Presidents, around 2012? It alternated between 74 and 74 B'ham or 74 and 74 Dudley

WB, PE & WN all had those type of rear displays. They were phased out about a year or two ago.
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

CL

Quote from: Nathan on May 11, 2014, 09:32:02 PM
How many garages have buses with the Super-X font?  I passed a B7RLE on the 29 today on Broad St and the Via points were very difficult to read and after seeing a few buses with these displays i have to question why they had to mess with the display font?! Looked perfectly fine as it was.....

Just glad the Super-X displays haven't reached WN garage (Yet!)

Let's hope it never does! :D

trident4370

Same goes for YW and AG, it is awful!

Sh4318

Just saw a B7RLE (presumably 2102) on the 120E, looks really weird with the number '120E' in big font. Looks similar to First Midland Red displays. Hope they don't install these displays at WB. They'll look weird on the Geminis and Presidents, never mind the Enviros
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

CL

Regarding the earlier posts about the horrific NIS displays, they were fine on the FlipDots, whoever changed them are silly, they don't even promote their App!

As for the LED displays, They could've made them more presentable. (Sorry for my amount of pictures on here, I really need a Flickr!  :P)

It's sort of like Arriva's displays. (To be honest, I think i'm getting better at using HELEN. Maybe at the next depot visit, we could ask why they changed the displays? lol, just kidding!  ;D)

EDIT: The whole line says "Get our App! It's free from the App Store & Google Play!"

John

Walsall LED displays have a new NIS display, with SNIS on top line, and WA beneath it. The rear display has SNIS scrolling

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk