News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Random question - fare dodging

Started by jnl1984, May 10, 2012, 08:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbdriver

no it was a president on the 451 in pheasey i think 4047 off the top of my head but not 100% sure but i have had b6s not starting in the bus station and garage before. vile things worst buses in the fleet lol
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Nathan4775

Quote from: wbdriver on May 11, 2012, 06:44:21 PM
no it was a president on the 451 in pheasey i think 4047 off the top of my head but not 100% sure but i have had b6s not starting in the bus station and garage before. vile things worst buses in the fleet lol

Certain drivers are relucant to turn there engines off on certain routes, i rember when i was on the 23 near woodgate park when it was plaxton operated an some1 tried to fare dodge so the driver turned the engine off and it wouldnt come back on,

Fare dodgeing appears mainly on 28/28E/74/75 because of all the youths that travel on it
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Ash

Quote from: wbdriver on May 11, 2012, 06:44:21 PM

Sorry forgot you said they went upstairs so of course it wasnt a b6le my mistake, as a WB driver what is your favourite route, bus type and any particular bus you like driving out of WB garage?

wbdriver

well ash, apart from sundays, i only drive the 451 but before i only did the route, i quite liked the 688 (because it goes by where i live), 405 (plenty of time on route, no need to rush), 414, 644 (mainly pensioners but decent pensioners not your moaning gits lol) and before it changed, the 448 (when it just went to the QE and when metros were on it).

i like driving the 47xx geminis comfortable and a change from the presidents on the 451 but its very rare to get one of those.

Favourite bus - i would say 4295 because it was the first bus i drove at the garage after i passed my test :)
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Ash

Thanks your opinions WB driver, the 405/6 seem to have got better they always seem to run late before but i think they have timetable adjustments and its helped improve it, the best bit of the ride on the 405 is charlemount farm a steep hill always think the b6le may conk out and break down lol

Discodave

Quote from: NathanJC on May 11, 2012, 07:10:06 PM
Quote from: wbdriver link=topic=259.msg4589#msg4589 date=1336758261
Fare dodgeing appears mainly on 28/28E/74/75 because of all the youths that travel on it
/quote]

Might it be the areas it runs through a question for tony are revenue only intrested in trunk routes (all ones into wolves or bham/cov) as they are hardly ever in other areas many local area routes are rife with fare dodgers seems like they are scared as they only do these with police help if they are bothered

Tony

Now you are talking rubbish Dave, I have checked on almost every Wolverhampton route this year without police, and I am one of 23.

Quote from: Discodave on May 16, 2012, 10:31:13 AM
Quote from: NathanJC on May 11, 2012, 07:10:06 PM
Quote from: wbdriver link=topic=259.msg4589#msg4589 date=1336758261
/quote]

Might it be the areas it runs through a question for tony are revenue only intrested in trunk routes (all ones into wolves or bham/cov) as they are hardly ever in other areas many local area routes are rife with fare dodgers seems like they are scared as they only do these with police help if they are bothered
Quote from: Tony on May 16, 2012, 08:30:32 PM
Now you are talking rubbish Dave, I have checked on almost every Wolverhampton route this year without police, and I am one of 23.

The 25/25A in Wolverhampton runs through areas with a bad reputation such as Whitmore Reans, Wednesfield, Willenhall, Low Hill, The Scotlands but although passenger numbers are not high there is not much fare dodging or anti-social stuff on the routes. Maybe a factor is that single deckers are used in the main as I think previously mentioned somewhere and also that they link more traditional shopping areas such as Bilston, Willenhall and Wednesfield markets so its not just the area they run through. As for the 28 if it is the Wolves 28 you relate to there is never any trouble on it mainly OAP's doing shopping!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Discodave

It was only ever the 51 I was checked when I changed rota, then Garage to Wolves never saw revenue again lots used to get on the 126 in brum with black country area passes how about being at birchley crossing and doing a check there on the birmingham side to catch them out hope that helps.

notepanel

In my lifetime I've had 5 proper revenue inspections (2 of which have been in the past two weeks) and not including Revenue checking whilst travelling to/from Miller Street.

3 of these have been on the X51 and 1 on the 51 (all 4 at different stops and 2 have been Safer Travel checks).
The other was at the most random stop on the Staffordshire/Walsall border on the Walsall 6 route. I would never have put money on being done there.

The 51 stopped was the most successful in terms of getting people off, there was one person off on two of the X51s, and the 6 and another X51 check (on a full bus at 0800) had no fare dodgers on. 

I guess in reality a revenue inspector has to 'pay for themselves' and so it makes sense to operate on a busy corridor, with more buses and more passengers. What I found odd was the 6 inspection was at stop where if they also crossed the road they'd be checking 4 buses an hour, whereas if they'd stood just after Aldridge or before Mere Green they'd have checked 6 per direction an hour, with mostly the same passengers.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

For the first time today in my whole NXWM bus experience over a good few years I witnessed a driver actually asking a passenger how far they wanted to travel when they put in £1.70 and low and behold it was far more than the two fare stages so the driver forced the passenger to put in 20p more or get off the bus. As I said I have never seen this before when a passenger puts in £1.70 the driver just prints the ticket and thats that and the passenger completes whatever journey they want.

My idea would be this, how about just remove the £1.70 bracket as I have only ever see it be abused and surely this makes a loss, and take the £1.90 down to £1.80?? This will get more money off those who abuse the £1.70 bracket and provide HUGE advertising potential especially as the economy is in such a mess and would encourage people onto the buses, especially if this is the only thing that is going down in price at the moment. Any thoughts anyone? Oh and also I think it would be absolute suicide if a single ticket went above the £2 bracket in the West Midlands

Ash

The fares could be like how there are for NX Coventry one flat fare of £1.70 no matter what distance (apart from the £1 city hop fare of which drivers still charge people £1.70 from the rail station to pool meadow) but would be an increased price for NXWM or just make it all £1.90 no matter what the distance as im sure NXWM will not reduce it to £1.80. but i guess this is why the £1.7- fare is so close to the £1.90 fare becuase of people not paying the correct amount.

Quote from: Discodave on May 17, 2012, 09:55:50 AM

It was only ever the 51 I was checked when I changed rota, then Garage to Wolves never saw revenue again lots used to get on the 126 in brum with black country area passes how about being at birchley crossing and doing a check there on the birmingham side to catch them out hope that helps.
Or even better check them a couple of stops after Wolves bus station or 1st stop AFTER Bearwood or even on Broad St. on the way in or out. Dodgers generally dont hang around bus stations/major stops...more chance of getting caught! Get on just before or aqfter Dudley and your bound to get ticket dodgers, weed users and fag smokers. Trust me!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Tony

Quote from: 4006 on May 17, 2012, 07:52:06 PM
Quote from: Discodave on May 17, 2012, 09:55:50 AM

Or even better check them a couple of stops after Wolves bus station or 1st stop AFTER Bearwood or even on Broad St. on the way in or out. Dodgers generally dont hang around bus stations/major stops...more chance of getting caught! Get on just before or aqfter Dudley and your bound to get ticket dodgers, weed users and fag smokers. Trust me!

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/2001-2129/2082.html
photo taken at a completely random stop on the 126 route while I was stood there with police doing revenue and ASB checks. One of several times I, personally, have done the 126 route in the last couple of months. Let alone the rest of the revenue team. As for where I will be tommorow, and what time, I cannot say on here, until afterwards but it defies most of the posts on here.

Stu

Well I for one salute the work that the revenue protection team does, and the more fare-dodgers that get caught and punished the better!

Can you say whether you catch many people out using and abusing the £1 City Hop fares? For example, I would imagine that teams would regularly be positioned at stops just outside this zone, and buses leaving the city would be checked.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk