News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Colmore Circus Bus Diversion - 8th Feb 2014 to 23rd Feb 2014

Started by Kevin_Brum12, February 03, 2014, 07:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: Christopher on February 05, 2014, 11:11:33 PM
This project is just a waste of time like Nathan said there is hardly any track layed on broad street since I last seen the project

Which Nathan? Me or Nathan 4775? I certainly haven't said anything as I don't have a take on the subject

Mike K

Meanwhile, bus passengers have to put up with possibly the worst set of facilities and locations of boarding and alighting points since the 70's, creating walks of over 10 minutes in many cases just to change buses and standing on exposed streets with useless open ended bus 'shelters', putting many off bus travel altogether.

I hadn't thought about it like that but your reference to 1970s Birmingham is a very valid one. Many core services terminated at the likes of John Bright Street / Navigation Street, Paradise Circus and Colmore Circus, and a change of bus could mean a lengthy walk across the city. Huge efforts were made in the 80s to bring most terminal points to within a few streets of each other.

With the tram extension we have, in many ways seen a return to the 70s situation. Bus passengers have definitely had a raw deal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk