News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva Leicester

Started by Tony, January 28, 2014, 08:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamiePaxton

Quote from: Mayfield on December 14, 2023, 07:56:39 PMQuestion, 1008 is used as a staff bus and has not tracked since June does this mean it's still fitted with the ticket machine, if so seems a waste of equipment
1008 does have a ticket machine it is used mainly for staff shuttles 

joieman

4751 is reportedly withdrawn due to an RTC

Mayfield

2528 has disappeared from Bustimes so I guess it's been withdrawn now.

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: Mayfield on January 19, 2024, 08:01:14 PM2528 has disappeared from Bustimes so I guess it's been withdrawn now.
It's at the back of the depot blocked by large containers. Highly unlikely to see service again.

Pscar05

Quote from: Mayfield on January 19, 2024, 08:01:14 PM2528 has disappeared from Bustimes so I guess it's been withdrawn now.
I reported it as withdrawn due to the fact of its blocked in by large containers. They may need to sort it out though now apparently we are not able to have the electric busses due to planning problems with the ports (seen on Instagram the land owner isn't allowing the electric chargers to be installed)

Mayfield

If that's true then this is a major embarrassment to Arriva not to get all the ducks in a row, must have spend a fortune installing the port, sure it will get sorted once so wonger has changed bank accounts.

AlexS

Quote from: Pscar05 on January 20, 2024, 01:43:01 PMI reported it as withdrawn due to the fact of its blocked in by large containers. They may need to sort it out though now apparently we are not able to have the electric busses due to planning problems with the ports (seen on Instagram the land owner isn't allowing the electric chargers to be installed)
You'd be perfect for a job at Arriva if you think reinstating one 15 year old solo would be adequate to cover for 24 brand new deckers no longer coming.
If there is any truth in the story they'd be having to look at getting a substantial batch of nearly new or at absolute worst case scenario midlife deckers transferred in from a depot that could accommodate the electrics rather than trying to fix a solitary end of life solo.

4750 FJ06 ZSV

It's still yet to be confirmed on what's going on, 4760 is back on road and 4761 is to follow after repairs. Land owner wise, there's very little information so please don't assume anything will happen yet

Pscar05

Quote from: AlexS on January 20, 2024, 09:10:23 PMYou'd be perfect for a job at Arriva if you think reinstating one 15 year old solo would be adequate to cover for 24 brand new deckers no longer coming.
If there is any truth in the story they'd be having to look at getting a substantial batch of nearly new or at absolute worst case scenario midlife deckers transferred in from a depot that could accommodate the electrics rather than trying to fix a solitary end of life solo.
No need for the sarcastic comment. Yeah its 15 years old but having the extra bus might mean customers don't complain about them not showing up. The db250's are way past there end of life but yet they are all still going surprisingly. So don't be making sarcastic comments as there isn't any need.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Pscar05 on January 20, 2024, 01:43:01 PMI reported it as withdrawn due to the fact of its blocked in by large containers. They may need to sort it out though now apparently we are not able to have the electric busses due to planning problems with the ports (seen on Instagram the land owner isn't allowing the electric chargers to be installed)
Speculation, or confirmed?

Pscar05

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on January 23, 2024, 11:50:03 PMSpeculation, or confirmed?
If your on about 2528 it was confirmed by another post on here. About the chargers it seems to be a gray area at the moment. Some people saying it's confirmed but have got no sources to back up the claim.

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Pscar05 on January 24, 2024, 05:30:44 PMIf your on about 2528 it was confirmed by another post on here. About the chargers it seems to be a gray area at the moment. Some people saying it's confirmed but have got no sources to back up the claim.
I meant about the electrics..
Like someone mentioned to me on Facebook.. they would have ordered buses if the charging structures weren't evaluated or able to be used / installed.
At the moment no word officially from council, Arriva or Leicester buses.
My guess it's Speculation!

xmj-signal

Thurmaston depot's ticket machine numbering strikes again!

Bustimes has Arriva Merseyside 4426 (MX09 LXH, although the reg has now been removed) tracking on Midlands route 127 today. Having viewed one of the journeys, I can confirm that this is actually Midlands 4425 (YX64 VPF). Merseyside 4426 is not on the list of buses due to transfer to Midlands, possibly because it is in a special livery for a local children's hospice in Merseyside, and it has also been tracking on Merseyside today so clearly hasn't moved.

In addition, 4424 (YX64 VPE) is still active in Leicester although it doesn't seem to have tracked as itself since 19th January. It is actually one of two vehicles tracking as 4435 - 4435 is the one on route 127 while the 4435 which has been tracking today on routes 84 then 49 is actually 4424.

xmj-signal

Quote from: Pscar05 on January 20, 2024, 01:43:01 PM... apparently we are not able to have the electric busses due to planning problems with the ports (seen on Instagram the land owner isn't allowing the electric chargers to be installed)
Serious thought -

According to the news item on the Leicester Buses website, the Arriva electric double-deck buses were (partly?) funded by a joint bid to the Government's Zero Emission Bus Regional Areas (ZEBRA) scheme by Arriva UK Bus and Leicester City Council.

These things normally require the money to be used only for the stated purpose (in this case, electric buses for Leicester) otherwise the grant has to be re-paid, so I am not sure that Arriva can just send them elsewhere - or what Leicester City Council would do if they did try to do that.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: xmj-signal on February 01, 2024, 12:57:40 AMSerious thought -

According to the news item on the Leicester Buses website, the Arriva electric double-deck buses were (partly?) funded by a joint bid to the Government's Zero Emission Bus Regional Areas (ZEBRA) scheme by Arriva UK Bus and Leicester City Council.

These things normally require the money to be used only for the stated purpose (in this case, electric buses for Leicester) otherwise the grant has to be re-paid, so I am not sure that Arriva can just send them elsewhere - or what Leicester City Council would do if they did try to do that 
Can't LCC put a compulsory purchase order in for the land and force the owner to sell the land
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk