News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Gold corridors

Started by Dylan4579, January 15, 2014, 08:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Chester Road north solihull does not lead to town. Does that mean they are talking about the 94 corridor or bring back a 994/962 via castle vale type route. Could become interested again in posts. Always like to hear about future developments rather than just day by day  ;).

Trident 4609

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 24, 2014, 07:01:41 PM
Looking at what they're doing to the Bristol Road, its most likely one of the Gold 'Corroded' (as mentioned above)

I was thinking possibly when another batch of double deckers are ordered I personally think they will be allocated to BC for Bristol Road with Cascaded tridents to WN (They are looking at replacing the mercs with cascaded tridents)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Nathan on January 24, 2014, 07:22:05 PM
Looking at what they're doing to the Bristol Road, its most likely one of the Gold 'Corroded' (as mentioned above)

I was thinking possibly when another of double deckers are ordered I personally think they will be allocated to BC for Bristol Road with Cascaded students to WN (They are looking at replacing the mercs with cascaded tridents)

Cascaded students? They're moving Bournville college again? Trololol
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 24, 2014, 07:23:22 PM
Quote from: Nathan on January 24, 2014, 07:22:05 PM

I was thinking possibly when another of double deckers are ordered I personally think they will be allocated to BC for Bristol Road with Cascaded students to WN (They are looking at replacing the mercs with cascaded tridents)

Cascaded students? They're moving Bournville college again? Trololol

I suppose Wolverhampton gets the students Birmingham doesn't want!

Trident 4609

I meant tridents ;D Stupid predictive text on my tablet!

winston

LS,

What are they doing along the Bristol Road?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on January 24, 2014, 08:06:29 PM

LS,

Bus Lane Enforcement, Real Time at every stop, increasing bus lanes (or planned to) and sorting running time. With Hybrids making their way onto the BR now, what's stopping cascaded E400's being the norm? That latter statement is speculation, of course ;)
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 24, 2014, 08:09:39 PM

LS,

Bus Lane Enforcement, Real Time at every stop, increasing bus lanes (or planned to) and sorting running time. With Hybrids making their way onto the BR now, what's stopping cascaded E400's being the norm? That latter statement is speculation, of course ;)

Sounds promising, particularly the bus lane enforcement & increasing bus lanes

Tony

Quote from: Winston on January 24, 2014, 08:11:39 PM

LS,

Amey, on behalf of Birmingham Council, are also working on traffic light timings down the Bristol Road trying to make it that once you pull away from one red light the next few will all be on green for you. They have the technology, it is just getting it working properly

winston

Quote from: Tony on January 24, 2014, 08:24:44 PM

LS,

Amey, on behalf of Birmingham Council, are also working on traffic light timings down the Bristol Road trying to make it that once you pull away from one red light the next few will all be on green for you. They have the technology, it is just getting it working properly

That sounds as though it could shave some time off journey and keep the traffic flowing along the Bristol Rd better

Liverpool Street

LS,

Hence forth the issue at Black Horse (and more recently, Selly Oak Bypass) are on green for a measly 20 seconds before changing. Causing backlog like you would never believe.

And I hope you wouldn't be pulling away from a red light now would you Tony...! (He he he)

In all seriousness, I'm my abundance of spare time the traffic issue on the Bristol Road is purely down to poor timings of signals. I've studied the Priory Junction and it stands to reason if the lights were on green for the Bristol Road 10-15 seconds longer, you wouldn't have such volume of traffic at the University.

In addition, close set lights need to be synchronized (yes, the Edgebaston Park Road set are the obvious flaw!
until it cought fire

CL

On the NXWM Facebook Page, there's the same picture of the 2 E400s but with a caption that says, and I quote:
'FIVE MILLION POUNDS TO BE INVESTED INTO BUS TRAVEL IN ASSOCIATION WITH CENTRO

Over the next two years there'll be 26 new buses running between Sutton and Birmingham

Over the next three years, 'Partnership Plus' will deliver:

350 new bus shelters across the region

More on-bus cleaning schemes

300 new buses (15 environmentally friendly hybrids)

10 golden bus corridors with new buses, real time information and increased bus priority

Swift 'smartcard' developments

More bus priority to make journeys quicker across the whole region

More 'talking' buses '

It's your worst nightmare! But in my opinion, I do like the talking buses, I think they're beneficial to the blind - or to anybody else, i dunno, on dark nights? Foggy days? Snow? Et cetera, et cetera...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: clayderman on January 25, 2014, 09:26:42 PM
On the NXWM Facebook Page, there's the same picture of the 2 E400s but with a caption that says, an I quote:
'FIVE MILLION POUNDS TO BE INVESTED INTO BUS TRAVEL IN ASSOCIATION WITH CENTRO

Over the next two years there'll be 26 new buses running between Sutton and Birmingham

Over the next three years, 'Partnership Plus' will deliver:

350 new bus shelters across the region

More on-bus cleaning schemes

300 new buses (15 environmentally friendly hybrids)

10 golden bus corridors with new buses, real time information and increased bus priority

Swift 'smartcard' developments

More bus priority to make journeys quicker across the whole region

More 'talking' buses '

It's your worst nightmare! But in my opinion, I do like the talking buses, I think they're beneficial to the blind - or to anybody else, i dunno, on dark nights? Foggy days? Snow? Et cetera, et cetera...

Depends who does the announcements.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

notepanel

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 25, 2014, 12:04:57 PM

LS,

Hence forth the issue at Black Horse (and more recently, Selly Oak Bypass) are on green for a measly 20 seconds before changing. Causing backlog like you would never believe.

And I hope you wouldn't be pulling away from a red light now would you Tony...! (He he he)

In all seriousness, I'm my abundance of spare time the traffic issue on the Bristol Road is purely down to poor timings of signals. I've studied the Priory Junction and it stands to reason if the lights were on green for the Bristol Road 10-15 seconds longer, you wouldn't have such volume of traffic at the University.

In addition, close set lights need to be synchronized (yes, the Edgebaston Park Road set are the obvious flaw!

On the subject of traffic lights, one set that really gets me is on Moor Street Queensway, at the junction with Priory Queensway. I appreciate during peak periods there may be backlog issues with buses queuing around Masshouse/up Priory Queensway, however on evenings you can be sat waiting to continue along Moor Street for ages, whilst the lights go through the whole cycle with a queue forming on Moor Street and nothing turning from Masshouse or Priory Queensway! In my view they should be sensor operated at these times, and if nothings approaching/sat there it will turn to red/skip green.

Stu

I thought there were going to be more of these 'sensor-controlled' traffic lights, on the busier bus corridors, so that priority could be given to buses to help them flow more freely. Sure I saw somewhere before they were going to trial them out on the 404/4 corridor, as well as the 87/A457 corridor.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk