News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cross City Routes in the 00s - who can remember the routes had that XCity Status

Started by the trainbasher, January 10, 2014, 03:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

CrossCity in this being defined as a route in the 2000s that ran across either Birmingham, Coventry or Wolvo. Also I want to know who can remember what got replaced to make the routes their current status.

Examples - 511/512 Underhill to Warstones in Wolvo - current incarnations are the 2 and 11
32/33 Tile Hill to Bell Green
66/A Landywood/Bearwood to Erdington (change at Erdington for the 111...)

Also...is there any services at the moment that qualify as XCity

NOTE - City Centre being defined as Ring Road (middle for Birmingham) plus 200yrds.

Any operator goes so one could count the Choice 810 Bentley Bridge service.

Or if anyone wants to try - Cross Town services for those areas that are not cities like Solihull or Dudley (Dudley offers a good one if anyone remembers the TMH 412!)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PM

I can remember the XCity 46 which was the 44 and 46 combined. This was back in 06 if I remember rightly with branded PB b10ls. Also Dundee had an XCity route with branded B6s as well, again, if I remember rightly.

Trident 4609

Wolverhampton.

The 511 used to run Underhill-Warstones via Cullwell St in which it entered W'ton via Wednesfield Rd Bridge
The 512 ran as the current 2 does now between Warstones and Wolverhampton (2 replaced the 512 and 598)

It wasn't the 810 that went to Bentley Bridge (Even though the shopping Park was wasteland back then. It was the 510 extended on Sundays.

Current Cross City Services at WN

1- Dudley-Tettenhall Wood Via Wolverhampton (Replaced 501 and 558)
2-Warstones-Bushbury Hill Via Wolverhampton (Replaced the 512 and 598 and some of the 698)
3-Castlecroft-Fordhouses via Wolverhampton (Replaced the 503/A/W) all journies operate via Stafford Red
4-Warstones (Spring Hill)-Pendeford Via Wolverhampton (Replaced the 513 and 504/5)

Stu

Solihull previously had the S2 (Olton to Dorridge/Balsall Common) and the S3 (Acocks Green to Dorridge), as well as the old 76 (Pool Farm to Damsonwood).

Now just the S3 (Wythall to Dorridge).

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

CL

XCity 66 - I didn't even understand what it means, but I always saw it on the Mercs, when they ran between City Hospital and Sutton Coldfield.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

fleetline6477

Immediately after de-regulation

128 Hockley Circus - City - Bearwood - Blackheath
428 Hockley Circus - City - Smethwick - West Bromwich

900 Hasbury - Halesowen  - Birmingham - Airport /NEC - Coventry
951 Bearwood - Birmingham - Walsall - Bloxwich

Sh4318

Quote from: clayderman on January 10, 2014, 07:38:03 PM
XCity 66 - I didn't even understand what it means, but I always saw it on the Mercs, when they ran between City Hospital and Sutton Coldfield.

Ran between Bearwood & Sutton at one point ;)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

the trainbasher

Quote from: Nathan on January 10, 2014, 04:39:19 PM
It wasn't the 810 that went to Bentley Bridge (Even though the shopping Park was wasteland back then. It was the 510 extended on Sundays.

I'm sure Choice did a Bentley Bridge to Bridgnorth route SuO no. 810/880 or something similar late 90s/early 2000s

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

A cross Walsall route back from the 00s:
950/951/951A/952/953/X51

Birmingham - Walsall - Cannock

Trident 4609

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 11, 2014, 01:39:06 AM
Quote from: Nathan on January 10, 2014, 04:39:19 PM

I'm sure Choice did a Bentley Bridge to Bridgnorth route SuO no. 810/880 or something similar late 90s/early 2000s

Maybe sometime in the 90's but I saw a photo on flickr of a Sunday 510 going to Bentley Bridge using Optare Excels

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk